7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

16 or 17 inch wheels, for a 7th generation civic

Old 12-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stevencg is an unknown quantity at this point
16 or 17 inch wheels, for a 7th generation civic

I need some suggestions. I am going to paint my honda ex coupe white, add black rims (tenzo) and put on new black tints. I will also lower the car with Eibach pro kit springs.

I cant decide what will look better 16 or 17 inch wheels.

Any comments?
Old 12-14-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Re: 16 or 17 inch wheels, for a 7th generation civic

16s will look better and feel better.
Old 12-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

17"s are better for performance, but you sacrifice ride quality.
Old 12-14-2011
Registered!!

RamAirDave is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with 17's and noticed no difference in anything other than being more firm from the low pro tires.
Old 12-14-2011
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Word. I was looking for 16s because after I put in eibach prob wheel gap is still to big I didnt want to go17s bcause I herd it slows acceleration also another thing to think about is when I went from stock 14 inch steelies to 15 inch acura webs my speedo went off by 3mph I can imagine going up to 17s will incease the inaccuracy ..just somethin to think about
Old 12-15-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

well, if you keep your overall tire diameter about the same, you shouldn't run into many problems with the speedometer.. I have 17's on my car, and my speedometer stays pretty much on track. That, and wheel gap should stay about the same.
from tires.com....

also, with the rims I have, my wheels (with tires) are overall lighter than my 15" steelies were.
Old 12-15-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Really depends if you like how they look, we all have our own opinions but in the end it is your car..look at pictures of other cars that have 16 in with a drop and some with 17 and see what you think looks better..
Old 12-17-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Most people tend to like bigger wheels, myself included. So I think 17s will look better with one exception (see below).

That said, don't forget the typical factors when you increase the size of your wheel:
  • Normally, (unsprung) weight also increases. Bigger rims means heavier rims, usually.
  • Tires will cost more. 17" tires typically cost more than the equivalent 16" tires.
  • Ride quality on less than smooth roads will feel bumpier than on 16" tires (17" tires have less rubber to cushion the bumps, assuming you're reducing the profile of the tire to keep the overall diameter of the wheel+tire the same)
  • Mechanically, your wheels only really need to be big enough to clear your brakes. Any larger is for show. As such, if you go with a larger wheel without going to larger brakes, your brakes will look puny in comparison. In this scenario, I don't like larger wheels.