7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New user, Question about Civic modifications.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZweezysCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
New user, Question about Civic modifications.

Hello.
I'm a new owner of a 05 Civic Lx Special Edition, and I'm just wondering what modifications have you guys done to your car? Besides the usual, Rims and such. Also, without using eBay, where could I get a good, not too pricey, cold air intake. Thanks.

And I forgot to mention I drive a 5-speed.

Last edited by ZweezysCiViC; 12-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: New user, Question about Civic modifications.

DC5 rear sway bar.
Old 12-06-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...xriceboyx.html
for my mod list, click the "about me" tab.. lol

and I buy my stuff mostly from dezod.com and thmotorsports.com

Sometimes I shop on eBay, but when I do, I'm picky as hell
Old 12-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

CAI - get a good filter - many found out the cheap ones simply... does not do too much, whichever pipes you going to get. heck, some made pipes from pvc pipes and they seemed to work. Not sure if they got burned later, but anyways
5 dog power and 50Db gains, so don't expect much from them besides the need for earplugs.
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

welcome.

a cold-air intake is a cold air intake personally i have some cheap $50 intake with a weapon r filter on the end. works just as well as any other cold air intake as they all have the same design, except the short ram intakes. BUT if you want to pay extra money for a sticker on your intake i think AEM has the cheapest name brand one.

also exterior mods
rims+tires
lip kit
type r grill
projector headlights
HIDs

engine mods
megan racing headers
tenrai cat-back
cold air intake
ex head swap (for vtec)
kpro
cam
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RamAirDave is an unknown quantity at this point

My recommendations would be to abandon ANY performance (LOL) mods on a civic. Just make it look nice and ride nice and be happy. Use it for what it was meant for, to get good gas mileage.
Old 12-08-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Welcome, Modifications are really up to you, there are tons of places to get parts but this is an expensive hobby. I agree with RamAirDave for the most part, make the car look and ride nice, if you wanted fast then its going to cost you with these cars..
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i coverd my headliner,visors,door inserts,armrest and all of my pillars in faux suede for about 90 dollars.