7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new cars

Old 10-25-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new cars

When I go to see parts or whatever and drive in and park my car feels so ancient compared to whats in the lot. I dont even feel comfortable with anyone there seeing my car. Even worse when you have to tell them what year your car is for parts and i feel embarassed. All the cars in their lot are much nicer and newer than mine and literally scratch free, a fresh coat of paint and not a single blemish on any of them. When I go, I see a lot of newer civics and i always run into the owners getting in/out and then I dwell getting into mine as its parked right next to their shiny mint 8th, 9th or 10th gen civic. Wish I had a 8th or 9th gen civic to not feel so outdated. Anyone feel the same?

Like for instance i so wish i had rear discs on the back but for a 7th gen car its just not worth the cost to get the parts and labour to get someone to do it. Wish I could just get a new car that alreaddy has them. A buddy of mine said to me the other day "get a new car man, what are you doing driving a car with drums on it still"

The worst part of it all is that ive spent way too much money on my car and now i realized for the most part it wasnt worth it. Stuff like new rims, HIDs, all the body detailing and wax products, new shocks, tinted windows, new sound system with amp, deck and sub, new windsheild, new tires.

Some people have told me they think its a waste spending money on old cars. For the money i spent on this car i could have just put it towards a much newer car in the first place. I would have most of it all on there as stock, only things id have to add would be tinted windows, sound system, new rims, HIDs and 3M.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 10-25-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new

The only thing I would want from a newer Civic Si is the motor. Other than that, I love my car. It has its quirks and annoyances and I wouldn't have it any other way. I still get compliments on my car and it's 11 years old. You're worried about scratches on your car now? How paranoid do you think you'd be with a brand new car? And your friend is seriously misinformed. New cars still do come with drum brakes. It saves on cost which can be passed onto the consumer. It might not be a lot, but adding up multiple units will save them in the long run.
Old 10-25-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new

I always get complements from the guys at the Honda dealership on my 12 year old civic. Scratches are going to be on every car.. and to be honest, cars are cars. You enjoy it to enjoy it. To be honest, I like the older civics way better than the new ones... like MelJ said, I'd just want em for the motor.
Old 10-25-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

There is no 10th gen civic...

Why are you so concerned about what other people think? If it really is digging into you that bad then just sell it and finance a new car because obviously the only thing that seems to matter to you as what other people think. The only bonus of a new car is the "new" at the beginning of it. I will NEVER EVER buy a new car off the lot, not unless it's something spectacular like a lambo or something. If people honestly judge you because you're not driving the newest car then these people are stuck up ****** that don't know **** about anything, and if you feel bad that you're driving an old car then what more do you know then them?
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they have medication for this.
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I could buy a brand new car tomorrow, but I'm not going to, because I know that there are far more important things to dedicate finances to than a car. I'd dedicate more money towards my investments, since they actually appreciate where a car depreciates massively.
Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

My car is 25 years old and will beat most new sports cars. I payed under $5k for it and all the mods. I get way more respect/compliments and looks than in it than I ever have in a new car. Just my .02
Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

Lilazndude646 is an unknown quantity at this point

i feel the same way:
Got a 05 civic while my friends have a GTI. a 7 grand car versus a 18 grand car.
I get jealous because they look a little better and have better performance.
But i am keeping it stock no matter what to save for another car, such as a s2000
Old 10-26-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
My car is 25 years old and will beat most new sports cars. I payed under $5k for it and all the mods. I get way more respect/compliments and looks than in it than I ever have in a new car. Just my .02
Not to mention your car is way lighter since you don't have to worry about fuel mileage and a gazillion friggin airbags.
Old 10-26-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

The only thing I read from civicnoobie was blahblahblah.

QUIT YO BITCHIN'

By the way.
I have a 2009 Civic....
But I'd thought I'd let you know.
I'm getting a 2012 soon

Yeah, I'm rubbing it in.
Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MelJ
Not to mention your car is way lighter since you don't have to worry about fuel mileage and a gazillion friggin airbags.
It weighs about 4k, and has the drag coefficient of a brick. Gas mileage is not it's strong point.
Old 10-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i feel just the opposite. when i roll in to the dealer here it feels like i embarrass the newer cars which sometimes are not even washed. and usually a group of salesmen or service guys will ask to look at it. i also get compliments on it pretty much anywhere from the street to the parts store parking lot. esp at night with the hid retro. most ppl are shocked when i tell em its a 10 yr old civic lol. i drove an 8thgen before and was not impressed at all. the 7thgen is just a better ride in every way.
Old 10-26-2011
Trance Addict

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
It weighs about 4k, and has the drag coefficient of a brick. Gas mileage is not it's strong point.
Shoot. I forgetting you aren't driving the Si anymore.
Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MelJ
...and a gazillion friggin airbags.
Do an airbag delete. Manufacturers have to manufacture the new cars with them but, you don't have to have them to pass inspection.

The ECM/PCM reads a resistance in the airbag circuit. So, you can substitute a resistor for the airbag. Old re-builder trick.

Ask me how I know: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-vehicle.html
Old 10-26-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha i always wanted to take the airbags out cause everything i read says you are better off with a seatbelt by itself. but they dont really weigh enough to make it worthwhile. you do need to do the resistor mod tho otherwise with the srs light on, the seatbelt auto tensioners (dynamite stick) will not fire and lock the seatbelt in an accident. this could mean the difference between flying out the window or staying in the seat.
Old 10-26-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

sorry bit OT but can someone tell me how to test for air leaks inside a trans?
Old 10-27-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
i feel just the opposite. when i roll in to the dealer here it feels like i embarrass the newer cars which sometimes are not even washed. and usually a group of salesmen or service guys will ask to look at it. i also get compliments on it pretty much anywhere from the street to the parts store parking lot. esp at night with the hid retro. most ppl are shocked when i tell em its a 10 yr old civic lol. i drove an 8thgen before and was not impressed at all. the 7thgen is just a better ride in every way.
I totally feel the same way....except 6th gen's are just a better ride in every way
Old 10-27-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Stop visiting the dealership/showroom floor. Problem solved. =P
Old 10-27-2011
Premium Member

oh i know, the older gens are even better.

Originally Posted by Zeferint
I totally feel the same way....except 6th gen's are just a better ride in every way
Old 10-30-2011
I am Epic

For those who have done it, hows the feeling driving a new car off the lot? I really only had 3 cars in my life cause i prefer to hold onto my cars for as long as i can and all 3 were bought used. Sure id love one day to be able to buy a brand new car off the lot paid in full on the spot. But 1) ive never been able to afford it 2) id rather not take the hit once you drive a brand new car off the lot. I mean is there anything sexier than a brand new perfectly mint car with a fresh paint job?

Ironically im the only One in my Family who drives used cars. Everyone else, my parents, sisters, uncles, aunts, bought all their cars brand new off the lot....and most cash. And most of them buy new cars every 2 or 3 years. Couple Mercedez, couple audis, a hummer, a caddilac, etc...

One of my sisters bought a brand new fully loaded H2 hummer last summer cash And just this week a brand new 2011 mercedez GLK350 cash! and this past summer my aunt bought a new 2011 audi TTS. I was checking out the cars, damn, cant help but be jealous haha, geez makes you feel kinda rotten inside knowing i most likely wont ever be able to buy a new car off the lot in cash haha.

Anyone else have their family the same way?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 10-30-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Shift-E
There is no 10th gen civic...

Why are you so concerned about what other people think? If it really is digging into you that bad then just sell it and finance a new car because obviously the only thing that seems to matter to you as what other people think. The only bonus of a new car is the "new" at the beginning of it. I will NEVER EVER buy a new car off the lot, not unless it's something spectacular like a lambo or something. If people honestly judge you because you're not driving the newest car then these people are stuck up ****** that don't know **** about anything, and if you feel bad that you're driving an old car then what more do you know then them?
Im not concerned what othes think, im just jealous that everyone in my family can afford brand new cars every 3ys. Heck they dont even hit 100k miles before moving onto a newer and greater car.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

wasting money isnt really something to be jealous about. a car is simply a machine to get you around town. they are all the same technology doing the same thing. owning an older and cheaper model car will pay off big in the long run not only in parts and repairs, but lower cost for just about everything else. every person i've met with a "nice" car usually has some sort of issues in their life that they think a new car will fix. on the other hand, all the hot girls i've met who are confident and secure with their lives drive $500 rust buckets.
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

stoehe is an unknown quantity at this point

...i currrently have a 2002 Civic Ex Coupe...and i sat inside a 2007 CIvic Coupe....and it was small compared to my Civic.
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
on the other hand, all the hot girls i've met who are confident and secure with their lives drive $500 rust buckets.
That's because they know they'll eventually find a sugar daddy- or marry one.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

haha good point.
Old 10-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

lol the other day the nissan dealership around here ordered (i deliver pizzas) and i pulled up and all the techs like flocked around my car like "damn nice ride man" im all like "thanks yeah its nice" one tech commented on my glowshift gauges i got in it and the headlights and front lip...which was nice to hear.

BUT then the other tech asked "how fast does it run?"...im like "uhhh about that" lol as im thinking to myself a nissan cube would be competition against my civic lmao
Old 11-01-2011
I am Epic

What does everyone think looks better, the 7th or 8th gen civics?
Old 11-01-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

7th, duh
Old 11-01-2011
I am Epic

Well is it cause the 8th gens have the smooshed face? And the hood area looks so small!
Old 11-01-2011
Trance Addict

I've driven a newer Si. I personally dig the exterior. The interior was horrible. I felt like I was on the Starship Enterprise. I hated the gauges and all the damn plastic. The clutch was fairly new, so it bit pretty hard. Either way, the car felt way too heavy and didn't feel as "raw" as my Civic did in terms of driving. With my car, it just feels like it's the bare necessities. I'm sure this isn't really the case in actuality, but for some reason simple design is more appealing to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new cars