7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Re: Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new

LOL
Lets get some nuclear powered energy systems. We could use spent power rods Im sure although there no good for there intended ues they would be very useful for auto -propulsion needs. And dont give me that crap about poison either 'cause those tech geeks at NASA have been working on a nuclear powered rover for some time now. If its safe to shoot into space and power the rover of tomorrow then its safe enough to power the energy needs of the world tomorrow as well. Imagine unlimited power to travel forever without filling up with as little chance of injury as the total injuries which have occured in this country in the past 50 years from car accidents. LOL
Old 11-15-2011
A scene before your eyes

Re: Im not gonna lie, I get jealous when Im at the Honda dealerships and see the new

We could brake by converting the ambiant energy out side the car into a negitive magnetic charge- kinda like the maglev but in reverse.
Old 11-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Balzdpr
LOL
Lets get some nuclear powered energy systems. We could use spent power rods Im sure although there no good for there intended ues they would be very useful for auto -propulsion needs. And dont give me that crap about poison either 'cause those tech geeks at NASA have been working on a nuclear powered rover for some time now. If its safe to shoot into space and power the rover of tomorrow then its safe enough to power the energy needs of the world tomorrow as well. Imagine unlimited power to travel forever without filling up with as little chance of injury as the total injuries which have occured in this country in the past 50 years from car accidents. LOL
lol a mini nuclear reactor in every car.. hummm...
Old 11-15-2011
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my 7th gen.. top reason is that it's paid off. Yeah, it would be nice to have a newer car with more convenient options (mine's a VP), but right now I'm enjoying not making monthly payments. It's so weird to me how people gripe about 7th gen issues. Almost 4 years of ownership, just under 130k, and the only thing it's needed other than scheduled maintenance is a gas cap. Even my auto trans is doing fine (*knock on wood*). Guess I've just been lucky. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna drive this car til it dies, because if I sell it I know I'll regret it.. like I regret selling my 95 DX coupe. :/
Old 11-16-2011
Registered!!

RamAirDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what most fail to realize, the "common" issues are either so minor most dont care or they are due to the owners that typically have Honda's. Young boys that will tear the *** out of anything you give them. That is why when I buy my honda's I make sure they are un modded and adult owned, otherwise I wont touch them. Fast and the furious yo!! lol
Old 11-16-2011
A scene before your eyes

Ok Dave,
I have had my Honda for six years now have drove all over this earth and still have less than 100,000 miles on the original motor. It has been modified by me or by a garage but under my supervision. I like the racing and crazy **** you see sometimes on the roads of every town or city in this country or Canada. Some young boys will beat the hell out of a car but not all of them will. My son kills the **** out of his Chevy truck and I encourage it, because I and he, like im sure many others feel the ragging heart on envolved when you hear or see a flushed, loud ***, crazy looking ride that makes the rest blush with envy.
This is more than likely the biggest stereotypical statement I have ever heard in here.

Get a grip Dave. These cars are many things to many people and a buyer must beware and understand the circumstances of every purchase he or she makes. Some of us beat the living **** out of our cars, others don't. Some of us need our cars for transportation here and there. Others need them for pure fun and the enjoyment of driving. Your comment pisses me off and eeks the most primative anger out of me. But, hey, you are entitled to that.

Buyer beware Dave, buyer beware. The japs gave us these cars for many reasons Dave. We all use them for those many reasons.
I am 35 and I will drive this car untill I blow this ****ing motor up and then Ill get another motor and blow that one to hell and back too. However, unlike many *******s out there Ill give the buyer the straight up.
Old 11-16-2011
A scene before your eyes

GOt nothing but love for ya Dave.
Old 11-16-2011
Registered!!

haha, struck a nerve there huh "Spillner" lol j/k

You have to admit that there is some truth to what I say. They are cheap and easily modded, not to be fast, but what youger kids think is fast. Hell I remember the first time I drove, felt like a rocket lol!! but it was far from that.

I mod the hell out of stuff too, my Z06 has made 701rwhp. But I dont drive it like an *** most the time just because I can, sure I love to mash the go fast pedal like the rest of us but I choose much more wisely now.

Seriously ever since the first fast and furious I dont think anyone can deny the Honda/tuner market has EXPLODED. Which in all honesty I think is great, it gave younger generations a platform that they can afford to play with and make it thier own. I am one that likes my cars to stand out from the rest and not be like the other guys, so I think its cool when people want to do the same to thier cars and no, I dont have to like it, only they do.

And you said it right, most people will lie to their mother about the condition of a car to make a quick sale and for you being honest I give you props...I try to list anything wrong with any car I am selling and let them know the truth to the best of my ability.
My Honda is just for daily driving so I dont have to put a ton of miles on the Z0 and not burn the hell out of gas haha. I do enjoy dont visual mods to it though.

Take care
Old 11-16-2011
A scene before your eyes

All good here Dave just busting the pervervial ***** with ya. Holly **** if my car had 700hp I would kill myself. Impressive
Old 11-16-2011
Registered!!

Lol!!
Old 11-16-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the civic has def kept me out of trouble in my younger years. you shouldnt get a fast car til youre at least 30 haha.
Old 11-17-2011
Registered!!

Totally agree, I had many fast cars growing up, my dad was a cop so I had some common sense ,but I will admit, luck was on my side. I did however get pulled over by a cop racing in my dad's ZR1 when I was 19....he was in the pass. seat telling me to keep putting bus-lengths on the other Vette. Passed a trooper at over 175 lol!! He was NOT amused.

I would say my brain didnt fully kick in till I was about 28. Having a family sure changes the way you act too. My wife and kids are far more important than my selfish *** having some stupid fun. I save it mostly for the track now.
Old 11-17-2011
A scene before your eyes

It's crazy how this forum got turned around from it's original comments and post. Oh yea, you know it's coming from me.... I was talking with my step son yesterday while watching motorweek and we got to talking about engine swaps in cars and he blew my mind when he suggested the sickness of putting a 454 big block with a super charger in a Honda Civic. I was like ..what,wHAT, WHAT. Then I got to thinking, hey, I don't think anyone has done that yet. I wonder if it could be done? I mean if you were the kind of crazy son of a bitch that would try some **** like that and were also Johny Warbuks, Daddy Warbuks' son, and you had also an unlimited amount of assistance from about thirty or so professional organizations to aid in the travisty of it all then o.k., I guess it could be done.
Holy **** man that would be the sickest thing ever created by man. To think of the alterations; body, chassis, axles, mounts, transmission... the works. WOW
But that would sure be a sight to see and a head turner for sure, not to mention the ride would be sick as hell. Sometimes I have to admit his imagination just gets crazy. But I was enlightened by the idea and have been looking all over the web for any inkling of the possibility of the whole thing.
Tell me what you all think.
Old 11-17-2011
Registered!!

There are people with just that in mind haha!
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1101& transactionid=1321546855-98162244240&posted_by=RamAirDave_www.civicforums.c om&youtube_video_id=Yn1bP5Cuy5I[/autostream]
Just google Civette. You will see lots of good stuff lolz
Old 11-17-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by gearbox
the civic has def kept me out of trouble in my younger years. you shouldnt get a fast car til youre at least 30 haha.
well im 30, almost 31. If anything most people see me driving a crapy civic and ask and think what is a 30 yr old doing driving such a generic car? Where i live, guy in his 30s should be driving either a BMW or Mercedez.

One of my mechs told me last summer (who used to drive a cavalier and sold it for an old truck) "nobody will take an adult seriously if youre driving a small dinky car"..."people in 4WD and trucks are"

Would I feel better driving around a $50,000 SUV? Sure I would but id really miss the milage on the civic thats forsure. Its not even funny how many kms i get - like 600-650km / tank

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 11-17-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2011
Registered!!

Sure sounds to me like you worry WAAAAYYY too much about what other people think.
Old 11-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
One of my mechs told me last summer (who used to drive a cavalier and sold it for an old truck) "nobody will take an adult seriously if youre driving a small dinky car"..."people in 4WD and trucks are"
Well that surmises Alberta.

I come from a good family that's had quite successfully financially and in my career I spend the majority of my time working on $5-10+ million dollar homes, including Harrison Ford's mansion on a private island (only accessible by helicopter), Oprah's house where she bought a $3 million dollar undeveloped lot next door to park extra cars, and Will Smith's house for when he works out of Vancouver. These are the people who own Ferrari's, Lamborghinis, Veyrons (there are a couple in Van), and I can tell you, half of them drive civics and older minivans around town. My family, has always owned Lexuses, but they buy them new and keep them for 10+ years. In reality, most people with BMWs or who drive ridiculous lifted trucks around town are up to their eye ***** in debt, have no savings, no investments, and their kids will be taking out student loans for college. They're just not financially responsible enough to put money where it counts, and are obsessed with maintaining the delusion of success. I have a ten year old Civic, I don't get compliments on my car any more by anyone except fellow enthusiasts and it's far from luxurious. I could go out and buy a new car tomorrow and start getting compliments, it'd be nice to have a 370z, but instead I'll be putting 20% down on a house in the spring and we're talking about Vancouver real estate prices. What you make a priority in life will define your level of success in life, and priorities should never be what you drive, even though it is for many people.
Old 11-17-2011
A scene before your eyes

What you make a priority in life will define your level of success in life, and priorities should never be what you drive, even though it is for many people.

I have always believed this Mindbomber. Recently I have had the opportunity to splurge on things I like, mostly my car, although the splurging is lame and the car is in dire straights. I will get it where i want it evenually. Im sometimes called old eve at 35 and have even been told by others to grow up and buy something more pratical. But I say **** them *******s. I still listen to House music and the like styles, I still fantasize about the dream car of every like minded individual here-one straight out of Super Street, and I most importantly watch cartoons and dance in the shower. Why because I am going to have fun in this life and live my dream.
Old 11-17-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can only judge insecure people by what they drive. the normal ones with no problems dont really care what they drive, because lets be honest, it doesnt matter. when i get out of my civic looking like a million bucks, everyone respects me. i dont think they even see or care what i drive. the dealer loves me cause they know im always there to buy something. that being said, i do get more compliments than i can handle on how clean and spotless the interior is, the overall look of the car, and then followed by a million questions of where did you get the parts from. i do like many other luxury cars but could never see myself driving one. today for example i saw another audi r8 and this is officially my favorite car on the road now.
Old 11-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
what is a 30 yr old doing driving such a generic car?
bwaaaaahahaha!!!
take a lookm at my age in the left!
and i drive the vic by my own choice! bwaaahahahaha!
god did not evenly distribute common sense among the sheeps, i guess :P

you can only judge insecure people by what they drive. the normal ones with no problems dont really care what they drive, because lets be honest, it doesnt matter.
I beg to differ: I do love my vic
and take good care of it too :P, even if the interir/body is far from clean as yours, but mechanically it's sound and i do not spend on anything that does not matter (except for the halos...)

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2011
Premium Member

that mech is a complete idiot who prolly drives a hummer or a ford f350 and has no clue about anything.
Old 11-18-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Well when he said that, it caught me by surprise and thought it was an arrogant thing to say.

And GB he drives a GMC sierra pickup truck wit full headers and full exhaust.
Old 11-18-2011
Premium Member

yeah, complete idiot.
Old 11-19-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Man some one sure has a very small *****. Use the T.M.I. from south park bro.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...tman-12-inches

If you feel so bad about driving the car then sell it and get a Maserati and be happy. If you cant well be happy with what you got and stop worrying about how shallow people might think of you.

Oh and another thing, don't you have a girlfriend, a wife, maybe kids, a Job. I do not really have time to sit and think about other peoples problems and what they think about me. Do you live a life where you have to much time on you hands. At 30 you should already know that a car is just to get you from point a to b that is it. Out of all the things in life my car is the last thing i think about unless it needs fixing or have like you a lot of time on my hands.

Stop watching the kardashians

Last edited by SpeedDownZone; 11-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2011
I am Epic

If I wasnt so stupid to buy a rebuilt title then i wouldnt be stuck with this for the rest of my life. No one will buy it and if so ill lose like 95% of what i put into it. You think dealers would accept it for trade in? doubt it. Plus i got so many mods into it that they would drop the value of the car even further (like HIDs, tinted windows, painted my shift console bezel black and door handle bezels, sound deadened my trunk...ya i know stupid, cause im sure someone would want a trunk full of dynamat!).

Stupid stupid me. Im stuck with this car for the rest of my life. I dont even wanna drive it anymore because of the 200rpm flare i get when going from 3rd-4th at around 2500rpm. To compensate for this ill have to pretty much alter my driving style completely for the rest of my life and drive like a granny shifting into 4th each time going well under 2000rpm to avoid the 200rpm flare. Ive wasted so much precious money into this money pit i dont even wanna waste another penny on it, its just a waste. Its already put a big hole on my wallet. I dont even have fun driving the car anymore because all my mind is on, is the stupid 3rd to 4th 200rpm flare, thats all im obsessed about when i think of my car. Its literally permantently plastered into my mind for every day i own this car. Its totally stressing me out. Cars are suppose to be fun to drive and you enjoy driving them and doing work on them, not mine. Even when im not in my car im wasting hours and hours endlessly everyday researching about this stupid 3-4 flare online. This trans is an 04 trans off an Acura EL and not even 40,000km, km not miles on it! I paid $750 for the trans and $close to that on labour to install and do the 3 drains and fills.

It shouldnt be happening period! It all started once i put the stupid external OEM trans filter on. Honestly, i dont even know if i wanna cry or go smash a wall. This is the biggest regret in my life! I want manual really bad, i still do but i dont even wanna spend the big bucks to get this shop locally here to do the auto to manual swap...id probably be better off buying another used Civic thats manual and with less milage and than selling this one for parts from my backyard who knows. Or maybe drive it off a bridge or crash it and hopefully receive a cheque from my insurance.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 11-22-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

If it's killing you that much, drive it till it dies, don't stress about keeping it alive on this tranny. When the tranny goes, put an 05 tranny in it and it'll be fun to drive again. Thats what I did with mine and the trans is solid.
Old 11-22-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Shift-E
If it's killing you that much, drive it till it dies, don't stress about keeping it alive on this tranny. When the tranny goes, put an 05 tranny in it and it'll be fun to drive again. Thats what I did with mine and the trans is solid.
The trans in now is an 04 and was only put in last July! Off an Acura EL. 5 months ago! Im already easy on the thing but now i barely press the gas because i dont want to strain anything. Not exactly fun driving is it? Im just royally pissed and really stressed out cause i bust my *** to get a new trans in and its all good untill i put the OEM ext filter on and the 3-4, 200rpm flare starts. This just fills me with extreme anger.

I just wish i could get a new car. Ill even accept having to make monthly payments if i have to just for the piece of mind. If I could I would but i just cant cause my family would kill me "oh ya i traded in my car...only 1yr after buying it and dropping all the money into it"....If i could get a new car it 100% definitely would not be a honda.

But the thing is, this is a rebuilt title and im stuck with it for the rest of my life.

Well back to researching more about this stupid 3-4, 200rpm flare and see if i can get rid of it or find out exactly the cause.
Old 11-22-2011
Premium Member

i think you would be better off without a car. im serious. if it causes you this much grief and dare i say depression, its time to get rid of it. find other ways to get around like walking, bike, asking for rides, bus. you will be amazed how much money you would save (no insurance, gas, repairs, parts, etc) and no more stress and worry. you could even get one of those scooters to get around far away places and they are great on gas. you might read this and say im crazy, but really spend the time to think about it. why is a piece of metal on wheels causing you to hate your life? is it really that important, compared to everything in the world and what you need to be doing...most people sadly let their cars control their life in every way. i see it all the time.
Old 11-23-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

i think you would be better off without a car.
I second that. OP has way too much angst around his car.