7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will this be "ricey"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrozenMyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Will this be "ricey"?

Alright... so we put in a CAI on my EM2 today. So, I'm the type of guy that can't stand for things to not have matching colors on a car. Well I have red brake calipers, and the inside of my car has red lighting accents (i.E red led strips under the seats and dash). Well the intake is polished aluminum with blue couplings (I don't know the brand). anyways. So I had this idea to paint my red brake calipers blue and install blue accents inside, and paint my valve covers blue.

I know some people would think it's ricey, but idk. Like I have some black header paint I'm gonna use to paint my engine with, except the valve covers- which I would like to have a little color. But to be perfectly honest, I do not like red that much, I think blue is much sportier (I know some of y'all are gonna be like at that, but.. I'm weird).

So, in a nutshell what I'm trying to describe is this. My 2001 Civic EM2 has black body paint, with black 17" rims (I'll try to get pictures of all this uploaded soon), tinted windows, and red brake calipers. My engine has the new CAI with blue couplings. So my question to y'all is, would it be ricey to paint my calipers and valve covers blue? Leave everything else black, and paint the rest of the engine black. So it's not like the blue would be overwhelming, at least not in my opinion but that's why I'm asking y'all for your opinions. The more help the better.

I know this was probably a confusing post, but it's been a long day and I'm tired. So I'm sorry if I slurred my words up.

Please reply. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Will this be "ricey"?

Originally Posted by FrozenMyst
Alright... so we put in a CAI on my EM2 today. So, I'm the type of guy that can't stand for things to not have matching colors on a car. Well I have red brake calipers, and the inside of my car has red lighting accents (i.E red led strips under the seats and dash). Well the intake is polished aluminum with blue couplings (I don't know the brand). anyways. So I had this idea to paint my red brake calipers blue and install blue accents inside, and paint my valve covers blue.

I know some people would think it's ricey, but idk. Like I have some black header paint I'm gonna use to paint my engine with, except the valve covers- which I would like to have a little color. But to be perfectly honest, I do not like red that much, I think blue is much sportier (I know some of y'all are gonna be like at that, but.. I'm weird).

So, in a nutshell what I'm trying to describe is this. My 2001 Civic EM2 has black body paint, with black 17" rims (I'll try to get pictures of all this uploaded soon), tinted windows, and red brake calipers. My engine has the new CAI with blue couplings. So my question to y'all is, would it be ricey to paint my calipers and valve covers blue? Leave everything else black, and paint the rest of the engine black. So it's not like the blue would be overwhelming, at least not in my opinion but that's why I'm asking y'all for your opinions. The more help the better.

I know this was probably a confusing post, but it's been a long day and I'm tired. So I'm sorry if I slurred my words up.

Please reply. Thanks!
It all depends at who is looking at it. my Ford truck friend owner thinks any mods on a honda is considered rice. To not be rice, just make sure you have the engine mods, to back up the body mods. Blue calipers are basically boasting you have an aftermarket brake system, which is not true. Personally, the dark look with a blue accent would look wicked. im thinking of doing the same thing to my car
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the quick reply. And yeah the brakes are stock. It would be much better for me to have pics uploaded, but I don't have any at the moment. Anyways, the rims are really open, so you can see the brakes pretty good. And the blue I'm looking for is fairly deep. Similar to the paint on the G2 Brake Kit.. I may even buy a G2 kit.

I've learned that the ricers always seem to take a tasteful upgrade and blow it way out of proportion. I'm looking to do more subtle changes. I've been thinking about this for a while. So I might do it.

Any insight on the G2 Brake Caliper painting kit in blue? Ever heard of issues with this brand? They seem pretty good to me. Albeit very expensive compared to the Duplicolor spray on paint I used when we painted my calipers red.
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FrozenMyst
Thanks for the quick reply. And yeah the brakes are stock. It would be much better for me to have pics uploaded, but I don't have any at the moment. Anyways, the rims are really open, so you can see the brakes pretty good. And the blue I'm looking for is fairly deep. Similar to the paint on the G2 Brake Kit.. I may even buy a G2 kit.

I've learned that the ricers always seem to take a tasteful upgrade and blow it way out of proportion. I'm looking to do more subtle changes. I've been thinking about this for a while. So I might do it.

Any insight on the G2 Brake Caliper painting kit in blue? Ever heard of issues with this brand? They seem pretty good to me. Albeit very expensive compared to the Duplicolor spray on paint I used when we painted my calipers red.
honestly i think black and red looks better than black and blue (i might be biased owning a red 04 lol)...but thats my opinion its ur car bro do what you want.
and everybodys opinion of ricing is different...i have friends who think anything thats not stock is rice too but imo if your car doesnt have a spoiler thats taller than the whole car and/or its one of those black "carbon fiber" gt ones its not rice...lol those things are hideous.

btw have you considered a black and green color combonation? not overused and imo looks really cool
Old 10-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

As long as it doesn't detract from performance or is extremely obnoxious I wouldn't consider it rice, there's nothing wrong with being individual and making your car a little more unique than the typical build. I spent forever looking for purple caliper paint..
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
btw have you considered a black and green color combination? not overused and imo looks really cool
Yes I have. I personally think green and black are the best of all color combos for a car. And for quite some time now I have wanted to paint the brakes green. But my engine bay has a ton of blue accents now, and I want things to match... so I may go blue.

Any insights on caliper paint? My local Advance only has Duplicolor red, silver, and black. I know G2 makes a blue kit, but it's unbelievably expensive for what it is--just paint... so idk. If I have to buy it I will, but... any insight would help.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

i got mine for my pontiac (pos) at oreillys for like $15...they didnt carry blue spray caliper paint it was the brush on kind...

but heres duplicolors blue
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-BCP104

its about average priced
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the info. But as of last night I thought of a plan that may save me some money. Instead of going through the almost $100 process of changing all of my red accents to blue.... what if I just try to find red couplings for my intake? That would save me a bit of money, so I may try that. In fact, I'm gonna try to contact the manufacturer right now. But if all else fails and I have to go blue, I'll keep that paint in mind.

Thanks for the help.