7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicboy05 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help asap

so i just installed a 05 civic lx led cluster into my 05 dx, i did the pin out swap to a tee i only two wires i was missing were two blues one and i have a extra white/red wire. now everything lights up tach works fuel and temp works,but my speedo doesnt work at all i know theres probably somthing on here about this but i cant find it sooo can someone please help me
Old 10-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: need help asap

hate to tell you, but the speedo is prolly broken. the four gauges are all on the same drive circuit. so either none of them work or all of them work (along with the odometer display). so if everything but the speedo works, the cluster is bad. you can do the calibration test to know for sure.

Here ya go:

1. Push and hold the trip/reset button.
2. Turn the lighting switch ON.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON. (don't start)
4. Within 5 seconds, turn the light switch OFF, then ON, then Off again.
5. Within 5 seconds, release the trip/reset button, then push and release 4 times more.

Takes a try or 2 to get it. The odometer has to be in mileage mode, NOT trip mode when you do this. All the needles will sweep back and forth once. To exit, turn off the ignition. Just push the trip button again to see the needles sweep again while in test mode.
Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
hate to tell you, but the speedo is prolly broken. the four gauges are all on the same drive circuit. so either none of them work or all of them work (along with the odometer display). so if everything but the speedo works, the cluster is bad. you can do the calibration test to know for sure.
Hey thanks man I'll try it today. But what is the extra white and red wire I have? Do I need the two blue wires that the other car had but mine doesn't ?Thanks again man
Old 10-14-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some stuff you may not have since yours is a dx (like abs, side srs, etc). i also noticed you are in canada so a few things may be different. i believe there is supposed to be an extra wire tho that is not used. if everything else is working like all the warning lights, you should be good. turn the car on and take a pic of the cluster to see that all the warning lights turn on. most will go off within 5 secs so the pic will help you see them all (except washer fluid and gas lights).
Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
some stuff you may not have since yours is a dx (like abs, side srs, etc). i also noticed you are in canada so a few things may be different. i believe there is supposed to be an extra wire tho that is not used. if everything else is working like all the warning lights, you should be good. turn the car on and take a pic of the cluster to see that all the warning lights turn on. most will go off within 5 secs so the pic will help you see them all (except washer fluid and gas lights).
Gearbox mad props bro. Turns out my green connector has a bad conection. Thanks for all the help bro.
Old 10-15-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Nice! I wanna try the calibration test, just to watch the needles sweep back and forth. Learn something new everyday.
Old 10-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i was thinking the same thing but with my luck it will probably break it.
Old 10-15-2011
Premium Member

i think if somethings wrong it says ERR in the odo window.
Old 10-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

so how do you enable the launch control ???

Quick Reply: need help asap