7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Here - New to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sitric is an unknown quantity at this point
New Here - New to Honda

Hello - I just bought an '03 Civic, clean 1 owner, no accidents with 58k miles on it. I bought it solely as a daily commuter car to replace my G8 GT that I'm racking up the miles on....

Anyways, the car seems to be operating just fine but I'm curious as to if there are any major things I should look out for as a new owner. Any major recalls?

Also, this may sound stupid but traveling at 70mph, I'm going steady at about 3k RPM (it's an automatic). Is this normal? Maybe I'm just used to my V8 cruising at a much lower RPM.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 10-12-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New Here - New to Honda

Welcome to the Forum, Steve. Congrats on your purchase. Transmissions are an issue, 01 autos especially. High RPMs at speed are typically the norm for Civics. Haha, get use to it.
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Yeah they tend to rev slightly higher :P

But anyone on this site will let you know that 01-03 vics have problems with the auto transmission. Just change fluid when you need to, and make sure you put in the right fluid in too. But don't be too worried about the transmission. My cousin's (Shift-E) vic went to almost 300k i think before the tranny went (but then again i don't know if it was original when he bought it).
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the trunk release/gas door opener has issues with breaking and if i recall there was a recall on some airbags for being to explosive and throwing shrapnel honda has a website with all there recalls unfortunately the transmission wasn't one of them.
Old 10-13-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sitric
Also, this may sound stupid but traveling at 70mph, I'm going steady at about 3k RPM (it's an automatic). Is this normal? Maybe I'm just used to my V8 cruising at a much lower RPM.
3000 sounds normal. Compared to your previous car, it's a factor of a much smaller engine as well as it's gearing, which may not be as high because it probably doesn't need to be.