7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Figuring out my driver side headlight (HID)

Old 10-11-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Figuring out my driver side headlight (HID)

It started over a week ago, at first the left HID light wouldnt turn on right away and sometimes id have to hit the light switch 2 or 3 times to come on. But for the most part it came on after the cars been running and warm. But once the car was hot, the light would always turn on right away so it only happened when car was cold (ex. first thing in morning). Right light goes on all the time right away.

Yesterday i switched the left ballast to the right and vice versa. This morning, both lights came on but noticed the left light was flickering for about 5secs before staying solid. Then when i got to work, about 15mins later with the car warm, put the car in park and the left light goes out. Turn off the lights, back on, nothing. Try it again, left light comes back on.

What ive done so far

- all connections are tight
- my old relay wasnt standing up and was on its side, water somehow got inside one of the edges and coroded one of the pins so i replaced it with a new one
- swapped ballasts to oposite sides
- checked alternator...when i have car running and start the lights, i notice the nozzle on the alternator testor meter dips to below 14, to about 13.5 for about 2secs then goes to 14.5V or so and stays there. Is it dipping normal at startup?

Any other ideas?

I could swap the bulbs to the opposite sides but my buddy said theres no point and just get new ones. Even though the issues i had this morning with the driver light, its different than before. Before swapping ballasts, i never had the light die on me while car was hot and in park.
Old 10-11-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Figuring out my driver side headlight (HID)

you need a proper HID wiring harness.
Old 10-11-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Re: Figuring out my driver side headlight (HID)

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
you need a proper HID wiring harness.
I have one already. Unless you mean its gone bad?