7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Rear speaker causing rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Rear speaker causing rattle

I had some upgraded mids placed in the rear speaker area of my car. They are significantly more powerful and larger than the stock ones. As a result I was forced to remove the spring or torsion bars connected to the trunk lid, because they were until to late noticed to have been eroding the magnets at the speakers bottoms. (there are two tiny impretions where the springs have eroded the magnets). I get a rattling noise from back there and it is quit bad. I have traced the problem to what I believe to be the plastic molding or rear panel just bellow the rear window. Is there a solution to this which does not rsult in removing the panel(which I will do eventually) or laying down a **** load of expensive dampening material?
Any comments solution wise or whatever are welcome.
Old 09-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Rear speaker causing rattle

Self-tappers thru the plastic into the metal? It'll look like crap unless you can hide 'em but the rattling will stop.
Old 09-09-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about the rear garnishes on both the right and left side of the rear of the car next to the rear deck? If so just try replacing the clips the hold the garnishes in place it worked for me. I also stuck hush mat on the garnishes to add some weight to prevent rattles. So far so good. And thats been about a year ago.
Old 09-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol i actually have a rubber door stop wedged between the glass and the molding it was suppose to be a quick fix but i never moved it because it works. also make sure the third brake light is not rattling around.
Old 09-13-2011
A scene before your eyes

Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

will look into this stuff. Im going to trash all that **** any how cause i dont like it. It all looks and feels and now sounds like ****. Plus I like the bare metal look.