7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

California and Federal Market transmission

Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
palermo86 is an unknown quantity at this point
California and Federal Market transmission

Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help me with this cause I've spend hours on google and can't find anything.

I have a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid that needs a new transmission but I don't know if I have a California or Federal market transmission. Does anyone know how I can find out?
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: California and Federal Market transmission

I don't think Cali is concerned with the tranny, just the emissions. But, you can do a title search and see if it was originally sold in Cali. Or call Honda (have your VIN handy).
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

did i just hear about a massive recall about automatic transmissions in new honda crv,fit's and crz's thats bullshit what about the EM2s ???.
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

All I've heard about is 100M Hondas being re-called for the window master switch. Kinda puts Toyota to shame when Honda will do that for a window switch while they kill people and cover it up. Do you have a link?
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i guess its just the faulty switches in the fits and crv's and the ECUs in the crz's.
Old 09-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
palermo86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I thought Cali just cared about the emissions too lol.

The thing I dont get is when I've looked up the engine and they dont have cali and fed mkt engines. So how can the cali and fed mkt trannys be different fits? I think I'm going to have to call honda hopefully they can help

thanx guys