7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

well im pissed!! (tint)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
well im pissed!! (tint)

Got my first ever ticket today,
fudged up part about it was
I WASNT EVEN DRIVING
brother got pulled over
for my tints being to dark?!?!?
driving like that for a whole year!

Dont 2002 ex civics come with tint from the factory??
my car is filthy also might that have made the tint appear darker?

Anyways I need advice on what to do.
Any help with getting an officer to write off the ticket?
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Lilazndude646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: well im pissed!! (tint)

Since he already gave you the ticket, best bet is to go to court, and explain to the judge that it is factory tints, and is legal in your state
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Details man. Did he test the tint with his portable scanner or did he just say they were too dark? Did he make you take it off right there? What are the laws about tint in your state? Some states you can only have a certain darkness on the front windows and others you can't have any. Go to your state department (DoT, DMV, whatever your state calls it) website for laws concerning tint.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

no he didnt test it my brother said that all the officer did was say your not supposed to have tint at all in the front driver and passenger i live in ca
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

your brother was probably driving like a tard thats why he got pulled over but the only thing punishable was your tints. if you put them on knowing dam well they were not legal then pay the ticket and be grateful you don't have to remove them.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

the officer was right i cant have colored or dark tint on front passanger and driver windows only in the back.

the thing is that i want the tint there, its way easier to drive that way and there are no obstructions with the tint i currently have.

so what are the options i have?
can i pay the ticket and continue with my tint (and risk being pulled over again)
or do i have to get rid of the tint
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

brother said he was driving fine. :/
hes a crazy driver though
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if he gave you a fix-it- ticket then you have to remove it then show the DMV its gone then they will drop the fine. if its just a fine pay it aned keep the tint but run the risk of more tickets in the future. ive had multiple tint tickets i just pay them and move on.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

its a fix it ticket. what should i do i really want to keep my tint.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

if you don't get it fixed the fine will be alot more money im not surr how much but it mite cost less to remove it then get new tints after but im not sure find out exactly.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

You have to remove the tint. It is illegal to have a tint over a certain percent on the front windows. They are not going to let you pay a fine and keep your car illegal. You will have to have the tint removed, have the ticket signed off, then pay the ticket.
At that point you can pay to have the windows re-tinted, just knowing that after a few tickets, the price will really go up. (been there done that in CA)

Last edited by TiggerDX; 08-27-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Just leave them untinted in front and get double limo in back lol to **** em off. It's not worth the money in the end if you get multiple tickets
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Just leave them untinted in front and get double limo in back lol to **** em off. It's not worth the money in the end if you get multiple tickets
Actually you can paint your rear and back windows black if you want as long as you have 2 side mirrors. CA only cares about the front windows and windshield.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough

if you check online, in CA you can actually have 70% tint on the front windows...i have 50% installed on two of my cars for more than a year and have never had anyone pulled over in them. if you look, it is difficult to tell the difference between 50 and 70% so you are likely to not even get pulled over for 50. it is just a hassle for cops to try and figure out if you are in the wrong, and it will just waste their time.
Old 08-28-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
no he didnt test it my brother said that all the officer did was say your not supposed to have tint at all in the front driver and passenger i live in ca
you live in california. it is illegal to have tints in the front window.

our civics dont come factory tinted. ur car was either used or from a 3rd party.

dont be pissed because ur car is the tint is illegal. take them off and u wont get bothered anymore.
Old 08-28-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by amamdani15
if you check online, in CA you can actually have 70% tint on the front windows...
you are completely wrong. it is illegal, period. doesnt matter if ur tint is light as hell, they can still legally give you a fixit ticket.

most the time, if u have light tints, they arent going to bugg you because its not really worth their time.

there is one exception tho. if u have some sort of medical skin condition that ur doctr signs off, then you are allowed to have front tinted windows.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
you are completely wrong. it is illegal, period. doesnt matter if ur tint is light as hell, they can still legally give you a fixit ticket.

most the time, if u have light tints, they arent going to bugg you because its not really worth their time.
hmm, really? there are a bunch of sites on the internet that say otherwise, such as this one: http://tintlaws.com/laws/CA/

also my tint guy gave me the same info.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
you live in california. it is illegal to have tints in the front window.

our civics dont come factory tinted. ur car was either used or from a 3rd party.

dont be pissed because ur car is the tint is illegal. take them off and u wont get bothered anymore.
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

D - 2 Read it.

you can have tint on the front windows (70%) except you need a bunch of paper work, which if done right would be easy to get.

If the cop did not test the tint for transparency he could not possibly have said it was less than 70%
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

D - 2 Read it.

you can have tint on the front windows (70%) except you need a bunch of paper work, which if done right would be easy to get.

If the cop did not test the tint for transparency he could not possibly have said it was less than 70%
thats what i was talking about, just couldnt find it in the VC. at this point, if i were you id go get it switched out to 70% then go to court and tell them that you had legal tint. your brother just did not know. then tell them to run a transperancy test, or have the shop give you paperwork (without a date on it) and show that in court.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

although that could work thats not the point, the point is that the officer wrongfully admitted the ticket.

can tint shops test the transperancy for my car?
and also am i going to have to show up in a court for this fix-it ticket, can the court test it out and follow through with the ticket?
Old 08-28-2011

D - 2 Read it.

Interesting.
I shall ask me LEO buddies about this and show them this.

But besides that, you will still have to have that certificate from the tint place that says it's legal. If not ur SOL
Old 08-28-2011

although that could work thats not the point, the point is that the officer wrongfully admitted the ticket.

and also am i going to have to show up in a court for this fix-it ticket, can the court test it out and follow through with the ticket?
You will have to a tint shop to test the transparency. But not all shops can do that. They only give you the certificate upon doing ur legal-tinted tints.*

Courts cannot test ur tint. It is upon ur responsibility to get it done.*

How dark is ur tint? A 70% transparent tint is extremely light and almost not noticeable. So if is dark you will have to remove it in order for a LEO to sign the ticket off
Old 08-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Maybe I'm missing something, but how was the officer in the wrong?
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Maybe I'm missing something, but how was the officer in the wrong?
1)Because he said that it is illegal to have any sort of tint at all
2)He needed to check the transparency in order to issue a ticket, would it be okey if an officer pulled you over and gave you a ticket for doing 45 in a 40 mph zone, and he didnt even have the radar gun out?
Old 08-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

2)He needed to check the transparency in order to issue a ticket, would it be okey if an officer pulled you over and gave you a ticket for doing 45 in a 40 mph zone, and he didnt even have the radar gun out?
What is the transparency currently, is it obviously over the legal limit?
If so, checking the transparency is just a technicality, like giving a breath test to someone to drunk to stand.

In most places radar is NOT required to issue a ticket, it just makes the ticket almost impossible to defend in court, whereas a ticket based on the officers observations can be fought with the possibility of success if your well prepared. So to answer your question, I know the speed I travel at and if I'm speeding I deserve the ticket.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Poor example. CHP are trained to visually estimate rate of speed, and can issue tickets based on sight alone.

If you want to fight the ticket on principal, hire a lawyer and get some expert witnesses. Otherwise, get rid of the tint and pay the fine.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by green01civic
Poor example. CHP are trained to visually estimate rate of speed, and can issue tickets based on sight alone.

If you want to fight the ticket on principal, hire a lawyer and get some expert witnesses. Otherwise, get rid of the tint and pay the fine.
CHP yes but to become a police officer, your not required to visually estimate rate of speed, especially if its 5 miles per hr over the limit, even then a small difference wouldnt hold up in court very well.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

You can't fight city hall.
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

lol I wasnt going to argue i was going to discuss xD
but yeah anyways, how do i get the damn thing off?
Old 08-28-2011
Registered!!

You can remove tint with ammonia (strong, undiluted) to soften it (for peeling it off), a razor blade to scrape it, and some patience. I'd park in a warm sunny spot first to aid in softening up the tint.

Use of nitrile gloves and a respirator would be recommended when working with ammonia. (Nitrile has strong resistance to ammonia, and as it is a respiratory irritant, a respirator would be a good idea even though you're working outdoors).

Quick Reply: well im pissed!! (tint)