7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Need some advice on exterior looks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PiRaTeKiNg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need some advice on exterior looks.

Hey guys im gonna be getting a job soon and Im going to be cleaning up my civic up a bit.... I want some input as to what I should do with my car? So far im thinking to keep the front bumper on but the rear one I want changed... it makes my car look tacky/too ricey. I want a clean look but not exactly stock. Here are some pictures of my car.

** Warning this car is really really ugly right now but I will fix her up, in AK you take what you can and fix her up yourself.**

Name:  IMG_0375.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  144.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0373.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  124.0 KB
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Need some advice on exterior looks.

id start by getting rid of those tail lights for oem 04-05 tails, then getting rid of the body kit and replacing that with stock bumpers with the aero lip kit
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

MURD3RXx is an unknown quantity at this point

oh you got some work ahead of you...

i would change everything to back to oem bumpers, headlights, and tail lights..basically anything rice i would change..

get a 04-05 tails, a 04-05 rear bumper, sides and a front lip...but thats what i would do...

post progress pics and good luck..
Old 08-25-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

i like ur headlights very sexy if u ask me! lol

as far as the rest, i dunno what to say about the back. im sure ur gonna fix it up nice, but if ur keepin that front bumper, i'd get some side skirts to match it. i like it, just needs fixed it looks like. but of course, i dig the "ricey" look here and there.. believe you and me, if i had the money, everyone here would be callin my civic "ricey" but whateva. i think a lot of em look good! i like the grill you got on it too.. that's somethin im kinda lookin for. i'd get a spoiler on her.. stock one, nothin crazy there. what happened to ur trunk?

looks like it has serious potential though, good luck with everything.
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

PiRaTeKiNg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im definitely keeping the front lip.... as for the tail lights maybe OEM but perhaps this one would od fine?

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/image...r~15039296.jpg

Side skirts I will do so after I clean the back and as for the spoiler perhaps a stock spoiler wont be so bad.... the story behind this car was that the guy who owned this before me... got 5 DUIs haha. Also he thought he was cool for tinkering on his own car and thus why the car looks so crappy. You havent even seen under the hood yet and its even worse with the wiring. Its ALOT of work but with flow coming in once I get my job... Im going to work on her... soemthing I take pride in. ^_^
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

I would convert the whole car back to stock except maybe for the headlights they're not bad.

Get a OEM skirt and lip kit and lower the car. Then worry about that trunk lid.
Old 08-25-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PiRaTeKiNg3
Im definitely keeping the front lip.... as for the tail lights maybe OEM but perhaps this one would od fine?

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/image...r~15039296.jpg

Side skirts I will do so after I clean the back and as for the spoiler perhaps a stock spoiler wont be so bad.... the story behind this car was that the guy who owned this before me... got 5 DUIs haha. Also he thought he was cool for tinkering on his own car and thus why the car looks so crappy. You havent even seen under the hood yet and its even worse with the wiring. Its ALOT of work but with flow coming in once I get my job... Im going to work on her... soemthing I take pride in. ^_^
i like those tail lights.. they go good with the headlights. i definetly think if ur gonna keep the front bumper than you need some nice side skirts. and as far as the spoiler, the reason i say stock is cuz spoilers can either make or break a car. and the stock ones for civics arnt too bad.. they're high enough to look sporty, and not give u that plain jane feel. where as if u get one of those tuner spoilers, half the time they look rediculas and kill the car's image. but there are some here and there that are really sweet, ya just gotta find em. which is hard to do.

anyways, fixing this thing up is gonna be fun for sure. and im sure it'll look sweet when ur done. good luck with everything and keep us posted!
Old 08-27-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm the trunk lid is in rought shape, But i see what they were doing there. Must have had a nasty spoiler on it or something, and debadged which is cool, but perosnally I really enjoy having just the H emblem. I would take those tails out for sure, get rid of the front bumper, and rear bumper. pretty much what everyone else is saying, I cant stand ricer look. take a go at it, and keep us posted! nice ride
Old 08-27-2011
CivicChick2001

haha everyone cept me! i think im a pure ricer at heart hehehe
Old 08-27-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol Thats too bad, we will have to convert you.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

holy hell were do you start i hope you got that for free. get rid of front body kit rear body kit tail lights new trunk lid paint the hood everything else needs paint windshield washer nozzels. i can't imagine what the engine bay looks like but if hollywood make a remake of Mad max you could be a vehicle stand in. also i think its hilarious that you think the rear bumper makes the car look ricey but not your front bumper.
Old 08-27-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Lopes101
lol Thats too bad, we will have to convert you.
good luck!
Old 08-27-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I like the rear bumper. I'd paint the diffuser portion a Matte Black, along with the chicken wire grills in the front (since you're thinking about keeping it). Fill and sand the holes in the trunk. If you're on a budget, single stage the trunk, roof and hood or just vinyl wrap it. Buff everything else out, best you can. Gotta make do with what you got, for now. OEM parts and paint ain't cheap. I can imagine the added difficulties of living in Alaska. Makes it a little better until you have the funds to do what you want. Good luck. Post some pics.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

What you can do is sell some of them other cars in your driveway as well you got yourself an Alaskan based used car dealership! J/k.