7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Rear Camber Arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011
'05 still rolling...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpecialKPB will become famous soon enough
Rear Camber Arms

Good Evening all,

Currently I have one rear SPC adjustable camber arm installed (passenger side) and one stock.
Yes I know "what the hell is that setup?!" I got rear ended a few years back and the stealership only replaced the side that got smashed in with the aftermarket one, why not both at the same time? Price is my guess. They had it setup to match the stock so the alignment setting was identical.

Now I'm riding on Tien SS coilovers, lots of fun btw, and would like to replace the current rear setup with aftermarket adjustable arms.

Anywho: does anyone have any recommendations on a brand/style of rear adjustable camber arm? I was looking at quite a few online and there seems to be only slight differences in design. One major item I saw was the bushing option of either poly or rubber.
Also: what about trailing arms - would that worth the investment/time?

Note: I don't autocross/race, don't hate the DD on coilovers lol
setup - 2005 5spd Lx Coupe

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

-K
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear Camber Arms

i went with SPC rear kit 6 yrs ago and still have it. just got an alignment and they didnt say anything about them being bad. i shouldve gone with poly at the time but they only had rubber...i did notice some cracking but nothing major.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ingalls smart arms.
Old 08-21-2011
Honda Crazy

ZFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, coming from experience here, I had the Skunk2 ones on my EP3 (same part as EM2) and the bushings were toast after only 20k miles, and the car is NOT lowered. The rubber bushings wore out. I was able to get replacement bushings pressed in (they were cheap, like $35 for the pair plus $20 for a friend to press them in), and that second set has already worn out after another 18k miles.

After that I swapped to the password JDM camber arms with SPHERICAL bushings, and it's much quieter (no squeaky bushings) and tighter, with zero issues after 25k miles on them.

I've like the Password JDM EP3 rear camber arms so much, I bought a set to put on my EM2 (installing this weekend actually!).

That's my $0.02.
Old 08-22-2011
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I had the Ksport, they were the best bang for your buck at the time I was looking- SPC is just wayyy too expensive. Plus they add that BLING to your rear end.

Last edited by TRIZ; 08-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2011
'05 still rolling...

Great input from everyone, thank you!

As far as noise - what conditions are you all driving within if/when the bushings squeak?

I have one SPC and it looks to be a rubber bushing, crackling a little bit, but it has never once made any noise issues for me, I'm slightly leaning towards the rubber for the slight 'give' in the material. Long term the car is going to be putting on low miles and prob. gonna be around only about 3 to 4 years; I'm thinking I should be able to get by on the rubber bushings since I have gone 4 years on the 'jacked up installed' one I have now, lol.

I have attached some pictures I took this past weekend while the car was on the lift with the tires off. lemme know if you can also spot the 'super awesome' angle the SPC was installed at, ha-ha yeah buddy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-23-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

SPC is F**KING garbage when it come to camber arms.

mine cracked after 3 years (and now its completely torn)

and its got more rust than a nun's ***.
Old 08-23-2011
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Oh, and camber arms arent really a big deal as far as the bushing they use. SPC is sold individual so you can pick up the second one for half the cost of a new set.
Old 08-27-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I've got the Hotchkis rear camber arms with PU bushings. Beefy milled aluminum with holes for mounting your ABS wires. 8 years, still solid. If you want bling, J's Racing makes a sick camber ARM.

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-27-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if you want extremely strong well made arms for a good price get ingalls smart arms
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=275

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2011
Honda Crazy

ZFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

The "bushing noise" you would hear from the arms (at least in my case) sound the equivalent of running your hand across a balloon (that noise when going over larger bumps).
Old 01-16-2014
'05 still rolling...

So I ended up with a set of SPC camber arms due to price being so low. Since I don't autocross the car, the control arms didn't need to be anything special, so price won.
Yes I know the rubber bushings will rot/fall apart within 3 years, and the rust will only take 6 months, but for the price....yeah I'll swap another set on in 3 years, and see where I'm at with the car in another 3 years.

That being said; I truly appreciate all your advice, guidance, and help with this matter.
Anyone have updates on their current control arm setup (hows it holding up)?