7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Side and front under spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justinmill14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Side and front under spoilers

Does anyone have these on your civic? The honda factory front under spoiler and/or side under spoiler? I am thinking about getting the front and sides for my 03 ex. If you do have them could you post pics so I could get a good feel of what it will look like. Preferably without the back one as I won't be getting it right now. Also, I am mainly looking for the pics of those WITHOUT the car lowered as mine isn't lowered and I'd like to see what it will look like.

One more question. For those of you that have installed it on your own, how hard was it to install the side and/or front pieces? Did you have to drill any holes? Or just screw it on?
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Side and front under spoilers

i have it on my 2002 sedan. very easy install with double sided tape and screws. on a scale of 1-10, i would say this is a 2 maybe. for the sides, you should stick the sill plates on with the double sided tape and leave them like that overnight. then install the sideskirt the next day. this gives the adhesive time to cure. ive had my kit for a very long time, and the only problems are with the sideskirts cracking a bit on the lower mounting points. not really noticable and there are so many attachment points it wont fall off. i can try and get some better pics but for now its all i have. its a very nice and clean looking kit.

actually i do have some really old pics when the car was almost new and stock. interestingly not much different than how the car looks now lol. i think i put the kit on in 2004. its one of the first mods i did and one of the only mods i havent changed or removed. this is at stock ride height also before i lowered it. the spoilers sit about 1/2 inch lower than the bumper.

Name:  Front-Shotnew.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  Rear-Shot.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  89.4 KB
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Thank you! looks good. When you installed the front one did you have to take the bumper off. That is what I am worried about as I am not really wanting to do that on my own. May have a shop install the front one if bumper has to be taken off.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

thisguy is an unknown quantity at this point

taking off the bumper is easy. you wont even need a jack, small flat head to pry out the 25 or so "push clips" and a #2 phillips for two screws in both wheel wells (holding the side of the bumper in)
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

first time i took off both bumpers because i thought i had to, but second time when i replaced just the front lip (due to rock damage) i slid it right in with the bumper on the car. i dont see any reason why it has to come off. the lip goes on the outside and then bolts in from the bottom and screws in from the sides. so you just need to remove the bottom hardware from the bumper but not the actual bumper. www.handaaccessories.com has pretty good info about installing.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Thanks gearbox. I am also probably going to get the type R grill so I guess I'm going to have to take the front bumper off for that anyways.

Does anyone know of a place I can get the front and side spoilers for cheaper than what they are at this link:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext01.html

I've looked at a few places but none of them are the same ones. I know that there are a ton of companies that sell the honda factory spoilers for the trunk so figured these have to be somewhere out there. Thanks to anyone that can help me with this!
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member

the first underbody spoiler kit (not aero) is hard to find, many dealers i talked to say they cannot even special order it. H&A is prolly the best you will find on price. they are actually pretty cheap already on that site considering they come painted.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Alright thanks, the only color they have left for the sides is the red actually which is my color haha so I better get it before they run out of them all