7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

brake squikkk noise !

Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max785 is an unknown quantity at this point
brake squikkk noise !

Hi , when I release my break pedal I always here a squikk comming from the rear . Do you know what it is ?
Old 08-17-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: brake squikkk noise !

Yea you need to lubricate the E brake cable. Easy fix if you remove the drum.
Old 08-17-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

be thankful its only when you release i get it anytime i press the brake light or hard. But when i jack up the car and spin the rear wheels they spin free no drag at all. Drums, not even close to hot, luke warm at best and this would be after a heavy braking session. So wierd i cant figure it out. None of my mechanics can either, theyre all stumped.

Originally Posted by tbohar
Yea you need to lubricate the E brake cable. Easy fix if you remove the drum.
Is it possible or worthwhile to lub it from inside the centre console where the ebrake cables connect to the main eequalizer? Where in the drum is the ebrake cable to lube? and what kind of lube to use?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-17-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

the E brake cable ?
Old 08-17-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by max785
the E brake cable ?
not sure if youre talking to me but if so, all my mechs have checked my ebrake cables and said they both release and activate fine and smooth. And theres enough slack in them.

To be honest i just watched a drum brakes 101 tech video on youtube and i guess apparently all cars have a main brake cylinder that receives fluid from the res and pushes it out to the cylinders in each wheel. It very well could be this, because this part has 2 sealing cups, a residual pressure valve and return spring.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the return springs need to be cleaned and lubed.
Old 08-18-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...dal-noise.html
Old 08-18-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by lowlife9
the return springs need to be cleaned and lubed.
the return springs are the ones inside near the back of the drum or bottom?
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

Omg ? I just lifted the handbrake couple of time , and its gone ! LOL
Old 08-18-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It will come back, lubricate the rear brakes.. and the noise will go away.. I mean, remove the drum.. and lube stuff up. Regular brake grease works wonders back there.. Since of course, it's designed for brakes.. So you tend to use it for your brakes, like your rear brakes. Post #4000 = FAIL
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just make sure the e-brake is DOWN (not pulled up) before taking the drums off or you are in for a big mess.
Old 08-18-2011
Whachya lookin at?

I did that once... It was pretty bad. The drum got stuck halfway off and then when I released the handbrake the cylinder popped out.. Not good.
Old 08-22-2011
Registered!!

I did the same lol . And its not gone -.- ! witch part of the brake I need to lubricate ?