7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what is every part in the rear of our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
what is every part in the rear of our cars?

Aside from

-drums
- struts
- rear brake shoes
- rubber and steel brake lines
- sway bar

anything im missing? i need to inspect all these pieces. what are the signs of say a bad sway bar?

Do our cars have tie rods?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough
Re: what is every part in the rear of our cars?

Sway bar helps with cornering, increasing stiffness by reducing body roll. It's basically a metal rod, there's no parts that can really go bad except the end links... and even then, why would you even assume you have a "bad sway bar".
Old 08-17-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by green01civic
Sway bar helps with cornering, increasing stiffness by reducing body roll. It's basically a metal rod, there's no parts that can really go bad except the end links... and even then, why would you even assume you have a "bad sway bar".
im still diagnosing and trying to find out what is causing my rear wheels to drag. Ive replaced everything in the drum in the past week.

Only thing is the steel brake line, the rubber hose and the ebrake cable. My mech doesnt think its any of them though. He says if it was the brake hose or steel line, then my brake pedal would hit the floor (which it doesnt). He says it cant be the brake hoses.

im gonna try replacing one ebrake cable, but what are the chances the rod spring, the push rod and equalizer are bad?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

tie rods?!?
if you ever find a car with rear tie-rods, it will be a cinch to parallel park. (although there were some rear wheel steering hondas in the past, but not normal.
Why would a sway bar drag a wheel?!? Is it parted in two and scrubbing the tire?!?

go to barnes & noble or renaud/bray in canada and buy a good car maintenance book and stop posting in the internet until you read and memorize the whole book.
don't make a fool of yourself so many times in front of everyone for things that you don't need to post, darnit....

What i have in my rear? hair, two cheeks, a valley in between and a dirty hole in the bottom of the valley. Sometimes it erupts profusely.
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

time for a new car? you would spend less on payments than you would repair bills on this one.