7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Rear Emblem Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011
sneaky civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TooSneaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear Emblem Removal

I know there are DIY and other threads on this, but they all seem to be for other models than my own.

I could be wrong (and probably are) but I'm pretty sure my 04 Civic DX's emblem isn't just glued on but rather has two holes that are holding it there. I think the same goes for the Civic emblem as well.

My questions are:

1. Is the removal method the same? (heat up and use fishing wire to take them off)
2. How do I plug up the holes and make the removal seamless?
Old 08-16-2011
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear Emblem Removal

Removal is the same and you could get the same kind of plugs that you use when you despoiler a car. but it will look stupid. Just leave the emblem there unless you have the holes welded and the trunk repainted.
Old 08-16-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

The DX emblem should be the same as the EX emblem, just taped on there with double stick tape.

Same process. The emblem has 2 holes for sure though
Old 08-16-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

dont bother with the H emblems unless you want ugly holes to show. the civic and ex emblems are just taped on.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tipnitty
Removal is the same and you could get the same kind of plugs that you use when you despoiler a car. but it will look stupid. Just leave the emblem there unless you have the holes welded and the trunk repainted.
yeah...im going to get the holes welded and the trunk painted w/ the rest of the car...it's the only way.
would you weld some metal to the back of it then cover w/ bondo?
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i had a shop do mine and they said you have to use metal. bondo will just deform or crack over time from heat and cold. i had my H and trunk keyhole done in 2005 about 6 yrs ago and it still looks perfect.
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

so they welded metal over it and sanded it all down? or did they cut out a square and weld in a new square, then sand?
also, do you have any pics? and how much did that cost ya?
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Filling those holes would depend on the shop. Some might weld behind then fill in with body filler. but I'm sure most places would just weld them from the outside and grind the welds down.
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

i can see the welds from the back, and i think they grinded the front down before painting. back is rather messy but not visible at all unless you are peeking behind there. they charged me around $275 but that was when the car was being repaired for accident damage so they were already repainting the whole back of the car to start with. I pretty much only paid the labor involved with blocking the holes. if you're not having at least the whole trunk repainted, i wouldnt bother.
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

some pics of the plug welded in for the lock assembly

and for the two H holes

finished product. there is no way to tell from any angle that they were removed.

Old 08-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Very sleek look GB. Definitely jealous because it makes sedans looks so much better
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

thanks. and you can get an altezza grill for the front and have no emblems the rear makes waxing so much easier.
Old 08-17-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Why'd you remove the rear key hole, Gearbox?
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

cleaner look and cause i didnt like the black rubber around it. i still have the trunk release by the driver seat to open it so no big deal. i used to have remote popper too but lost it when i took out the aftermarket alarm. never used it anyway. i hardly ever open the trunk i think this was the first time in a month lol. there is nothing to use it for (pretty much gutted with a styrofoam panel and all the carpets so it looks like stock except you cant put anything on top of the carpet). but the bottom has no spare so i can stick stuff underneath if i have to. usually the back seat area is more than enough.
Old 08-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
cleaner look and cause i didnt like the black rubber around it. i still have the trunk release by the driver seat to open it so no big deal. i used to have remote popper too but lost it when i took out the aftermarket alarm. never used it anyway. i hardly ever open the trunk i think this was the first time in a month lol. there is nothing to use it for (pretty much gutted with a styrofoam panel and all the carpets so it looks like stock except you cant put anything on top of the carpet). but the bottom has no spare so i can stick stuff underneath if i have to. usually the back seat area is more than enough.
I'd love to make my trunk like yours but I'm just gonna paint the keyhole black to match the car. There's no way I'm welding over it... I have the fuel door fix so I don't really trust my cable at all... I need that back key hole just in case. Painting it black shouldn't be hard at all. As for the H removal I really feel like experimenting with stuff like Bondo even though it's been said in this thread that it cracks. Even if I have to replace it every now and then it would be worth it if it looks good. If worst comes to worst, I just put the H logo back in or put a fake jdm one with a red background to match the tails
Old 08-17-2011
'05 still rolling...

SpecialKPB will become famous soon enough

so no trunk pop'r & no key hole...did you replace your fuel/trunk rocker cable yet?
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

and no key cylinder in the rear deck to fold the seats down either lol. basically if the cable ever goes, im screwed. this is interesting because i never thought about it. i dont think i would ever be able to open the trunk from the inside because there is no way to release the rear seats. im hoping there is enough cable left that i can pull on it from somewhere before it gets to the trunk if the cable ever breaks. from what ive seen, they usually break near the front of the car by the release handle. if not well this car wont have a trunk anymore lol. there is that vent flap on the side tho so if i took the rear bumper off and removed that vent, i could prolly stick a pole in there to pop the inside trunk release...
Old 08-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad that vent pops out from the inside :P
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

too bad i have the vent removed already and there are two pieces of dynamat i can cut off
Old 08-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

XD
Well played sir, well played
Old 08-17-2011
Premium Member

lol. and here is a "before" pic i found

Name:  Rear-Shot.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  89.4 KB
Old 08-18-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night knowing that I don't have a way into my trunk :P

Now I gotta ask, why'd you get rid of the cylinder that folds the seats down from the inside? XD

And I'm surprised you never thought about this before :P
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member

the back seat lock never worked. it would always jam and i would sit there jiggling it forever and give up, not wanting to bend my key. finally got sick of it and ripped it out.
Old 08-18-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Hmm, i realized not too long ago, that the rear deck key...

You gotta turn the left one first, before turning the right one.
I thought it was faulty at first, but I guess that's how it worked :3
Old 08-18-2011
Premium Member

mine doesnt matter, i keep turning it both ways and it doesnt move. i remember a tsb about needing different size rods for it but didnt feel like doing it.
Old 08-19-2011
Registered!!

i can only open my trunk with the key. i took out the torsion bars and i guess the weight of it wont let it open using the release.
Old 08-20-2011
Registered!!

HUEVITO is an unknown quantity at this point

i like it, i would think is a two person task one pulling the cord on the driver seat and another person lift the trunk. I think i had a car like that back in the 80's. i never bothered fixing it...

i like it anyways,