7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Head Rest Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Head Rest Removal?

How do you remove the headrest, to include those buttons that hold the rest in place?
Old 08-09-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: Head Rest Removal?

If you remove it, wouldn't there be holes ... ?
Old 08-09-2011
A scene before your eyes

yep im sure there would be but I could fill them somehow or cover the seats in leather or whatever just wanted to get to that point and see how it looks or then figure out my options. Hell, I could always put them back on.
Old 08-09-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Don't take them off, it would look stupid
Old 08-09-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Don't take them off, it would look stupid

I agree, plus they are there so your neck doesnt snap if you crash. They arent really head rests as much as neck savers.
Old 08-09-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

who needs a neck? lol. just let it snap in an accident. if you really want to make your car unsafe, hold down the button and pull it out.
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

whiplash FTW the first thing i did when i got my 7thgen was remove the rear head rest so i could actually see out the rear window but i would never remove the front ones thats just stupid.
Old 08-10-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Whiplash is best bro !
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i hear that all the time about people taking out the rear rests, but mine are fixed? its like another molded piece of the cushion and very low. unless youre slumped in the seat, theres no way it would do anything. and i can still see the whole rear window.
Old 08-10-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
i hear that all the time about people taking out the rear rests, but mine are fixed? its like another molded piece of the cushion and very low. unless youre slumped in the seat, theres no way it would do anything. and i can still see the whole rear window.
The EX coupes have adjustable head rests in the rear. I guess the Sedans dont? I have an LX coupe and it doesn't have adjustable rear headrests.
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member

yeah my ex sedan has fixed headrest if you can call it that. more like a small hump. im actually glad because i hardly ever have rear seat passengers and when i do its really hard to see in the back.
Old 08-10-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Must have changed later on... my 05 sedans are adjustable (AND HUGE)
Old 08-10-2011
A scene before your eyes

Yea, I took the damn things out yesterday and took a good look at the inside of the car. A bit funny, but I can't say it was stupid looking. When I sat down It kind of reminded me off an old chevelle SS seat. But anyhow it was easy to remove tilt the seats in the front forwards, (as if you are going to climb in the back of the car) then with one hand press the release (or adjust button) on the headrest while also pulling the headrest clear off.
I kind of like that old (headrestless) look anyhow. But I put them back on as the first common notion I had was that thier main purpose is to protect my damn neck from breakin' clean off.
Old 08-10-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Its weird that you had to do all that. Theyre supposed to just slide out when you hold the release button. I like to lean my head on it if im driving long in a straight line and my brother plays jokes on me by slipping it out when he's sitting in the back.
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member

its all fun and games til youre in the ER. ive heard that before lol. i hardly use it as a head rest cause the vibrations from the car will give me a headache.
Old 08-10-2011

Originally Posted by gearbox
its all fun and games til youre in the ER. ive heard that before lol. i hardly use it as a head rest cause the vibrations from the car will give me a headache.
lol he'll slip it out and be like "Hey, lean your head back!" obviously giving it away. then he'll put it back lol. But I dont use it too often, he's had itr off for over 5 minutes without me noticing lol
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member

if anyone ever did that to me i would grab the headrest and smack their head with it
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

And then you'd get into a car accident while you're turned around, and since you were using the headrest as a weapon instead of a headrest you're going to get whiplash... sorry gearbox
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member

theres no winning for me. what if i keep looking forward and stab the other guy in the eye with the metal rods?
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

You're still going to get into a car accident. Like you said, no winning for you haha
Old 08-11-2011
A scene before your eyes

"Its weird that you had to do all that. Theyre supposed to just slide out when you hold the release button."

In my Civic the post for the front seat headrest are just a little to long to pull them completely out without some fanangling. Putting the seats down in either direction makes the removal much easier. There is no way someone could remove them in my car without a person noticing the action.