7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do door dings bother you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Do door dings bother you?

Enough to fix them? I just hate when someone bring it up cause my car is in good shape aside from 3 dime size door dings on each side (5 being on the doors) and one on the back panel next to the trunk.

Good thing is the shop said theyre easy to fix cause theyre on the doors and near the trunk. They just pop the door panels off and the trunk one they just reach from inside.

Only thing is the one ding just behind the door would be twice the.cost to fix because they have to take the back interior off so i would leave that one.

I got quoted $120 for fixing 5 of the 6 door dings on my car, you think thats a good price? You think its worth fixing?
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Do door dings bother you?

meh i have dings on my car but they don't bother me enough to have them fixed one reason being your going to eventually get more dings from who knows what .
Old 08-08-2011
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

Door dings bother me somewhat, but I won't fix them because I know that as soon as I do, some idiot is going to throw their door open into mine. That's just the kind of luck I have.

Although at this point door dings are irrelevant compared to the allover hail damage. Even when I have the hail damage repaired, I think I'm going to leave the door dings, they're small anyway.
Old 08-08-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Door ding bothers me, thank god I don't have any ...but you wanna know what else bothers me ? You and your stupid thread.
Old 08-08-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

they bother me.. both dings and scratches.. i'd like all mine fixed
Old 08-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dont care, unless there is noticable paint peeling and rust i wont even bother caring lol
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

My new 2007 lx has one ding near the driver door handle and I could care less about it. No chips, just a ding.
Old 08-08-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

your car, your money, you decide...
Old 08-08-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
i dont care, unless there is noticable paint peeling and rust i wont even bother caring lol
Haha. Likewise.
I mean you could always go this route:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGXbIfeuRY[/YOUTUBE]
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

^aww yeah dont know if that will work for mine. My ding is smaller than that suction cup.

RIP Billy Mays.
Old 08-09-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

I don't have a single one, but it would bother me. I park far out in parking lots but not too far that some ******* will park right next to you just to **** you off. Park beside 4 door cars (shorter doors than coupes) and park beside suv drivers (they're dicks) and especially never beside mini vans (kids don't care if they hit your car and mini van drivers are the worst of the worst).
Old 08-09-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I do the same thing. I hate when I go to Wal-Mart at like 2 in the morning and some idiot parks right behind or next to me when there are like a million other spots they could have chosen. And yeah. Vans are the worst of the bunch. They drive like 90 on the freeway here. Some people don't even hold their door when getting out. They just swing it open, which is plain stupid. My girlfriend did that and hit my car one day. No damage but I was pretty pissed since I saw it happen. She was like "Oh. I always open my door like that."
ಠ_ಠ
Old 08-09-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

If I catch either side of my car in the correct light, it's screwed. I can't believe how many dings I have on there. It's insane, over the last 10 years it seems like people everywhere have had their way with my car. You try to have something nice and people beat the **** out of it 24x7. I've been thinking about seeing what a place would charge to pop them out. For $120 bucks, I'd do it in a second.
Old 08-09-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by pheaton
If I catch either side of my car in the correct light, it's screwed. I can't believe how many dings I have on there. It's insane, over the last 10 years it seems like people everywhere have had their way with my car. You try to have something nice and people beat the **** out of it 24x7. I've been thinking about seeing what a place would charge to pop them out. For $120 bucks, I'd do it in a second.
Thats exactly how my doors are. Good thing is, some are only noticable at a certain angle or bright light. The ones that bother me the most are the ones on my back part of the car behind the door on the right side. To fix that itll be expensive because they have to take the backseat panels right out. So even if i pay $120 to get the ones on the doors out, at the end of the day ill still have the dings on the back part of the car.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I have a dent on each fender, and my passenger door dent is pretty big... I hate hit and runs i wish i could get rid of em
Old 08-09-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I hate hit and runs i wish i could get rid of em
I know a couple of guys they do i for FUN.

Caravan not so much.
Civic could not sleep at night.
Gli probably would talk to one of my guys.
Old 08-09-2011
I am Epic

ive decided im not gonna get it done, not cause i dont want to but just cause its gonna be too expensive and a lot of work. To me, if i get it done i want it all out otherwise its pointlesss. I look down my doors and entire car and i can still a lot of tiny imperfections - majority are only visible when seen at a certain angle though (almost flush to the car). Those dont bother me much at all because theyre very hard to see unless i point them out.
Old 08-09-2011
Registered!!

I forgot what year your car was, but I would not fix something on a 6+yr old, especially dings!
Old 08-09-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I forgot what year your car was, but I would not fix something on a 6+yr old, especially dings!

The thing is majority of the imperfections are so tiny and are only visible when you are flush with the car and in bright light otherwise you dont see it. The door dings are more visible, but even most you have to hunt to find them....theyre about dime size but i figure why get the dings taken out of the doors and not the ones on the rest of the car right?

Aside from pure cosmetic issue, theres just no pay off for me. Im better off spending that money on a new muffler or something....something that actually benefits the car.
Old 08-09-2011
I am Epic

Well i wasnt gonna do the pdr but i got a quote tonight for $150 to do all my dents and thought thats too good to pass up. So im at the guys place right now he just finished the left door - well be anothrr couple hours. Hes even gonna do the back panel dings right on the fold which is the worst. I figured do it once and grt it over with and my car will be dEnt free.
Old 08-10-2011
I am Epic

Well i think i made out really well, even the guy said that i got an amazing deal. When he saw my car earlier tonight to appriase it, he quoted me $150 to do every dent including the back ones which require taking apart the back panels. He even admitted to under quoting me as he didnt think it would have taken 6 hours. We started at 9pm and finished at 3am.

He literally took out every single dent out of my car even the most (not all) of the microscopic ones. Ones he could easily spot but i couldnt. I couldnt stop him, he wanted to get them all out, he kept going and going haha.

Had all his lights going, he said its easier to do this when dark.

Back interior completely taken apart, what a total pain this was. Again the shop quoted me $240 for the back panels alone! So that would have been $360 for all. I only paid $160 to this guy for all dents! Back panels, trunk, doors, what a steal. He even went way beyond and took the super microscopic ones out too.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-10-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
I couldnt stop him, he wanted to get them all out, he kept going and going haha.
You guys are dirty.

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
he said its easier to do this when dark.
What?

Why on earth would this be easier to do a night? Is every one in your town kind of

but glad you got that over with.

Last edited by SpeedDownZone; 08-10-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, it's always MUCH better to do it at night! That way, you pay the guy $150 and don't notice until the next morning all of your dings are still there!!
Old 08-10-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
What?

Why on earth would this be easier to do a night? Is every one in your town kind of :
because they use a special lamp that they put near the car that brings out the spots and they can manually work it to any angle. He said with the sun in the day it just washes it out which is true. When i went to the shops the other day they both had their garages as dark as possible blocking out the sun.
Old 08-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

two red boxes. Yay!
I was thinking on wearing my betty boop boxers tomorrow. should I? lol
Old 08-12-2011
Kustom Painter

Mr.Entabulator is an unknown quantity at this point

I had over 40 door dings on my car when I repainted it this summer.
It was crazy!
Old 08-14-2011
I am Epic

Ya dude im very picky where i park now. I used to always just look for the closest spot to the entrance even if the spots are tight but now ill park aways from other cars and preferabl in a spot where the stalls next are free.

Definitely no more mini vans or any car thats beaten down. Park next to a nice expensivr car and chances are thE owner takes prid in their car so they dont swing their doors open
Old 08-14-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i could understand being upset if you had a $40-50k car, but its only a maybe $5k civic?
Old 08-14-2011
Registered!!

^^^ true but it still should bother you that aholes don't respect your property and if you have a nice paint job and wax it and baby it even if its a turd on wheel they should have the decency to not swing there doors around.

And parking it next to a porsche, bmw, or messerati is not the best thing to do either cuz if by any chance they see a door din that they think was not there well good luck to you. Plus they will think of you the same you think about people and there vans.
Old 08-14-2011
Premium Member

pretty much yeah. if i had an expensive luxury car and some ricer civic parked next to me i wouldnt be happy either. but yeah people will always ruin stuff they feel jealous of. my old car had terrible paint peel and pretty much sucked, but nobody ever damaged it lol. guess its not worth the effort.