7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Buying exhuast for civic 01, need tips.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PiRaTeKiNg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying exhuast for civic 01, need tips.

Hey guys im looking to buy an exhaust for my 2001 civic EX coupe because when I got this car, the guy who had it basically has the huge as exhaust that makes a VERY annoying drone when driving for lone periods of time. Im probably looking for something that doesnt have as much as a big opening as this one has... Im pretty sure its around 5" or more.

Ive done some looking around and asking around and ppl usually throw the names megan racing exhausts and magnaflows. I have no reason why they chose those names mainly because they are big names in the exhaust world? I need something that can make a nice throaty sound but at the same time doesnt give a loud drone in the car. I cant even hear my music unless I really blast it which gives my headache an even bigger pounding.
Old 08-05-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Buying exhuast for civic 01, need tips.

Search is your friend...

For me, my potential exhaust list would inlude Apexi WS2, Greddy SP2 and Tanabe Medalion Touring.

If you can get your hands on one, the RS*R ExMag 2 is pretty mellow and my favorite (for some odd reason).

RS*R EXMAG v2.0 Stainless Ceramic Coated Satin Black Cat to Tip.

Pre-mounted shots.

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-05-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

iridehonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Vibrant, Apexi WS2, R*SR Ex Mag sound good.

I have a Megan Drift Spec and it is probably too loud for your liking.
Old 08-05-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I'd go Apexi WS2.
Old 08-05-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I like the WS2, good sound and reasonable price. Only issue I have is that (pre-muffler)it is made from a mild steel with special coating. If you live in a harsh winter environment, that coating will get compromised, leading to rust. The old ExMag had issues with the ceramic coating (flaking off) and was made of a lower grade stainless steel (which discolored/corroded). The newer version, as well as the Greddy and Tanabe, are all higher quality stainless. Good clearance. No corrosion issues.
Old 08-05-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for the WS2.. And the rs*r exmag, if you can find it. Isn't it kinda hard to find nowadays?

I personally have the WS2 and I don't have anything bad to say about it.
Old 08-05-2011
EM2ti

There's a guy in LA that bought the last 20 sets of the EXMag in the US. Look it up on LA Craigslist and you can get a set for under $300.
Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

PiRaTeKiNg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh I see the WS2 seems like a good choice so far but yeah I forgot to mention I live in Alaska.... as maxtierny said I do live in a harsh climate so now the question is, is the apexi ws2 the newer version of the stainless material that wont flake off during the winter? The **** up here in anchorage gets up to -10... shame if my exhaust would get ruined only in a couple of years. >_<

I couldnt find if the apexi ws2 would be good in harsher winters or not.
Old 08-06-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

mine's fared well being exposed to 4.5 years of Seattle rain, an upstate NY winter before that, and a humid *** SC summer before that. It's now in Vegas for good though.

I think the harsh winter thing more comes from road salt than the weather itself.
Old 08-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PiRaTeKiNg3
Ahh I see the WS2 seems like a good choice so far but yeah I forgot to mention I live in Alaska.... as maxtierny said I do live in a harsh climate so now the question is, is the apexi ws2 the newer version of the stainless material that wont flake off during the winter? The **** up here in anchorage gets up to -10... shame if my exhaust would get ruined only in a couple of years. >_<

I couldnt find if the apexi ws2 would be good in harsher winters or not.
You should be able to get a cat back powder coated for around $50, that's probably your best bet if you want it to last in Alaska. Paying the extra bit for pc on top of the extra shipping compared to the continental US is a pain, but it comes with living in the north.