7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wiper blades sliding off windshield-Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011
Livin' life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgallag is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiper blades sliding off windshield-Help

I decided to paint my windshield wiper arms (and change my wiper blades). I painted them and replaced them on my 03 Civic LX. I put them back on and now when it rains, the driver side arm/wiper wipes past the windshield and off the car (and then back on the windshield). I think it is going to snap off. This only happens when the wiper blades are on high. Thoughts?

I tried switching the wiper blade arms (in case I made a mistake when I put them back on), adjusting the blades lower (closer to the hood) and tightening the blades down, switching the actual replacement blades, and still it goes past the windshield when I turn it on high (AND it is in the rain or I am washing the windshield with fluid). This never happened before I took the arms off to paint them--- HELP!! My wife was driving in the rain on Wednesday and had to pull over until it stopped raining so hard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	81472  
Old 08-05-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wiper blades sliding off windshield-Help

I've only take off the wiper arms on my VWs (same concept), hopefully this helps...

I dont think the wiper arms are "keyed" to the "wiper gears" that protrude out from the car. Turn the car key to the on position, turn the wipers on and let them rotate out past the windshield. Turn the car key to the OFF position, immediately, so the wipers are still at the max sweep point. Detatch your wiper arms, rotate them back a few cogs (where the max sweep should end), then reattach everything.

Hope that helps.

Haha. I just looked at your pic. Nice color choice, different for sure. That's definately the problem. Your rest position is WAY TOO HIGH.

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-05-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2011
Livin' life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgallag is an unknown quantity at this point

You are exactly correct!!! Thanks. That is a huge help!
Old 08-07-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to help. Anytime.