7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How many of you have sqeaks from your interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
How many of you have sqeaks from your interior?

Like rubber ducky sqeaks, but shorter and quieter. Mine only started about a month ago, it seems to only come on when my AC is on and it comes from my dash area, and sometimes the rear dash, wtf. I looked up "honda civic dash sqeaks" and a ton of threads came up but no one has been able to figure it out. I checked my panels and nothing is rubbing and i didnt rip my dash apart lately. Just odd how it only sqeaks when the AC is on. But its annoying as well cause it can sqeak like every 15secs at times. Talk about an embarassing sound to have while you have a passenger in your car.
Old 08-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: How many of you have sqeaks from your interior?

I know exactly how you feel dude.
I had a new girl in the car today, crusin down a country road chatting, with my dash squeaking like crazy. Talk about making my car feel cheap!

It's a common problem on a lot of cars though due to the plastic rivets that hold everything together, when I was really motivated about trying to fix it I found someone who solved the problem on a Prius by pulling the dash and modifying it to use proper bolts and rubber bushings instead.
Old 08-02-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Lol. I consider my squeaks a feature.
Old 08-02-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I know exactly how you feel dude.
I had a new girl in the car today, crusin down a country road chatting, with my dash squeaking like crazy. Talk about making my car feel cheap!

It's a common problem on a lot of cars though due to the plastic rivets that hold everything together, when I was really motivated about trying to fix it I found someone who solved the problem on a Prius by pulling the dash and modifying it to use proper bolts and rubber bushings instead.
Are your sqeaks from the dash? Mine are all around and its only when the AC is on. Its odd. I was told it has to do with the freon in the AC compressor when it evaporates cause i just got mine recharged 3 weeks ago and what do you know the sqeaks started after that. So im hoping itll go away.

What confuses me is why id get sqeaks from the rear.
Old 08-02-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh another one. . You know you have a 7th gen when....

On behalf of all 7th gen owners. Every last one of our cars have squeeks unless the plastics have been modified in someway to stop the squeeks.

On my car it's different everyday, sometimes I get squeeks that sound like 2 peices of styrofoam rubbing together. Ahh, I love my car...
Old 08-02-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I went crazy looking for rattles/squeaks in my car, that i've given up.

You cant stop em all
Old 08-02-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I went crazy looking for rattles/squeaks in my car, that i've given up.

You cant stop em all
Well as long as its not a mechanical issue and one that can get worse by just letting it sqeak then its not a huge issue to me.
Old 08-02-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Umm I never had squeaks or any weird noise. I did when ever I has timmy my pet pig on my car but then I figured the noise was coming from him. I loved that pig really miss him, he was gummy tho.