7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Questions about modifications

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George. is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Questions about modifications

Ive had my 05 civic for a while, and im just about done with payments and was wondering what else besides intake and exhaust would i be able to do the car thats relatively cheap... at least under $500. i knows theres loads but im looking for simple things to improve performance. any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated.

e: i also dont have much car experience...

Last edited by George.; 08-01-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Questions about modifications

Originally Posted by George.
Ive had my 05 civic for a while, and im just about done with payments and was wondering what else besides intake and exhaust would i be able to do the car thats relatively cheap... at least under $500. i knows theres loads but im looking for simple things to improve performance. any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated.
My choices (in no particular order or combination - under $500):

Performance (taken with a grain of salt) - Crower Stage 1 Cam, UR Underdrive Pulleys (No eBay or AEM. Love it or Hate it - You will spool up faster, regardless of the static around the forums), Power Steering Delete, Battery/Ground Wire Upgrade.

Suspension - Front Strut Bar, Master ES Poly U Bushing Kit, 22mm+ Rear Swaybar, Better Tires, Any Forged Wheels (used - for this price range), No Drops under $500 bucks - Sorry, unless you find a used set.

Brakes - Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Pads (or any street ceramic), Braided Lines, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid

Transmission (Manual) - Motul, Redline, Royal Purple, etc. MT Fluid, B&M Short Shifter (there are others out there, but none come close to build quality/appearance), Transmission and/or Shifter Bushings, ACT or Exedy Stage 1 or Organic Clutch, Lightened Flywheel (11 to 12 lbs minimum, any lighter will drop RPMs too quickly. I still don't know how people rev match with these, to this day)

Interior - AP2 Steering Wheel (are always cheaper than DC5s or EP3s for some odd reason), Any Honda/Acura Seats other than a EM or ES, Radio Delete (I'm really not an I.C.E. person, haha)

Exterior - De-Badge, Painted Emblems, Carbon Anything (Hood/Trunk/Sunroof Slug), Headlight Retro/Paint/Bulb Upgrade. Sorry, not a tint guy, either.

My list. Others will add their $.02 soon...
Old 08-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's difficult to add to that.

Engine performance:
Cheap ebay pipe, with a quality filter. Used decent quality exhaust, like the hks for sale in the marketplace. Crower stage 1 cam. You could probably do that all for $600-700.

Suspension:
OEM type-S rear sway, $50 at most junk yards. ES Control arm bushings, ES engine mount inserts. A drop would require a minimum investment of around $700-750 on tokico struts and springs.

Brakes:
Prelude, S2K, Legend, NSX or ITR OEM calipers with rotors redrilled to 4x100, the legend calipers are actually larger than those found on an NSX just very heavy. Type-s MC, SS brake lines, motul brake fluid, Axxis or Hawk pads.

Interior:
S2k, EP3, DC5 cluster swap. Climate control LED mods. S2k start button. EP3 seats. Steering wheel swap or possibly a used wheel with quick release.

Exterior:
Debadge, side skirts, retrofit, fog lights.

Wheels:
Good quality tires!!!! a decent low diameter, lightweight wheel.
Old 08-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

with only 500 dollars i would just get aesthetic upgrades like window tint,lip kit, side skirts, rear lip or find a set of used rims and tires.
Old 08-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Agreed, I would just tint/hid's/fogs and call it a day. Just say for bigger items like suspension and wheels, personally I wouldn't even touch the motor.