7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

N/A Intake w/ Velocity Stack Info Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WJackson2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
N/A Intake w/ Velocity Stack Info Please

I hate to ask this but i cant seem to find any solid info on Velocity Stacks With N/A Intake. Any info on installation location and if its worth doing on a N/A D17A2 Motor with a cold air intake. Can anyone give me info or lead me to info on this. Thanks

Last edited by WJackson2006; 07-30-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Grammer/Spelling
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: N/A Intake w/ Velocity Stack Info Please

I can't really help you with your problem...But, have you tried utilizing the 'search' function of the site? I see you're fairly new here, so maybe you're just not familiar with it..It really is a wonderful thing..

On the other hand, I gave ya a free bump. So, hopefully someone that knows more about this can help ya out. Sorry I couldn't assist ya more.
Old 07-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

erm... what exactly are you trying to do? answers might change depending on that...
Old 07-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Even if anyone actually made them for a d17, they wouldn't be worthwhile.
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

Well ive seen the velocity stack for the civic d17a2 but ive seen it mounted on the throttle body as well as at the filter on and intake kit. the filter has a 6 inch hole on the bottom and the velocity stack fits in it and narrows down to a 2.5" or 3" hole to adapt to the intake pipe. it suposedly helps with speed and flow of air coming in the intake... but is it worth it? some are saying it gains 4-5 hp.
Old 07-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The velocity stacks on air filters don't do much of anything, in reality an entire intake might give 2-3whp if your lucky. Back in the day when 7th gens were first released, members of this site dyno'd almost every air intake offered for the d17 and the top performing one made around 5whp on a high reading dyno.

The people serious about building d17s don't leave the stock plastic im, because with or without a velocity stack it has a bend in it that will restrict air flow. Serious people either upgrade to a d16y8 modified to fit d17s or a custom JDM fabtech manifold. If your having air flow issues after a real upgrade like a manifold swap, then consider adding velocity stacks but not before.

You can throw money at all sorts of useless neat little things you found online for your car, but they'll add up to nothing. Instead focus on the parts that will make the biggest impact for the lower cost, like a stage 1 cam.
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

Haha thanks bomber yea i talked to you about stage 1 cam before in another thread. just waiting for my new job that pays me double what i make now. just looking for temporary things that might help with gas milage since im driving almost 100Kms Daily.
so the velocity stack would be useless unless turboing or power add-ers?
Old 07-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Exactly, intense engine builds where every bit of flow helps they're worthwhile, otherwise they're not going to do anything.

I hear ya on trying to get good mileage, filling up is the one time I'm happy to be living in Abbotsford compared to the GVRD. Believe it or not, if you spend a far bit of time on the highway adding a front lip can give a slight increase in mpg since it reduces under car drag. The hybrids actually have an under engine cover for the same purpose without reducing ride height. Other than that just keep up on maintenance really well, give gearboxs tune-up mods diy a read.
Old 08-03-2011
Registered!!

MarkoPollo is an unknown quantity at this point

Mindbomber saves the day!