7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Headers...cheap?good?

Old 07-28-2011
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crescent is on a distinguished road
Headers...cheap?good?

Well i know what you pay is what you get, but i was wondering what could be wrong with a set of header(i dont know much about headers XD) and i saw these on ebay pretty cheap and i was wondering whats cheap/wrong about it :S

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...ht_2574wt_1165

if these are crap could anyone link me to some good ones please, my car is an '03 civic LX with a D17 engine
Old 07-28-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headers...cheap?good?

lets see... cheap welds can come apart easily under heat and pressure, it will look like garbage the first time you drive it when the metal turns yellow and blue, usually there are fitment issues and the gaskets do not line up properly which can put stress on the parts and also cause exhaust leaks, having an all metal with no heat shield or heat insulating coating can cause very hi engine bay temps which in turn can cause some wires and parts nearby to fail prematurely, some header have the oxygen sensor hole in the wrong spots, and since you have an LX where the cat is built into the header, you wont have a cat with this new piece and will fail smog. guess thats about it lol. oh yeah also the pipe diameter is way too big for a stock engine and will cause power loss due to slower exhaust gas speed. its more for a turbo setup. for an LX youre pretty much stuck with the factory manifold and cat. if you dont care about passing smog, then look into DC sports i think they make a race header that would work.
Old 07-28-2011
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crescent is on a distinguished road

thanks alot you just made me not want to buy (thats what i wanted XD) and yeah ill probly stick to stock :P DC are perty expensive and imo its not worth it for an automatic lx with a D17
Old 07-28-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the difference is hardly noticable anyway, header on these cars are mostly for looks. the cat converter is nowhere near a restriction on the engine because there are 500hp cadillacs doing just fine with a cat that is required by law.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if you do ever decide to buy a header the best cheapest would be Megan.