7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ive learned my lesson - dont buy cheap drums and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Ive learned my lesson - dont buy cheap drums and rotors

Because the steel used is cheap, alot of times arent measured to factory specs or factory round even though they say they meet OEM specs. And they warp easy because of the cheap metal and its lesser ability to let out heat when they get hot.

Im gonna get new drums and pick up a set of Napa brand ones which are made by Raylock, made in USA. No more made in china stuff.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-27-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ive learned my lesson - dont buy cheap drums and rotors

Learned my lesson with a cheap shift ****... glad it wasn't on brakes
Old 07-27-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Three things I never cheap out on are Tires, Brakes, and Steering/Suspension components.
Old 07-27-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

You get what you pay for, nuffff said .
Old 07-27-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The NAPAs may be fine... but with the money you will spend buying twice you could have gotten OEM and had no worries.

After owning Corollas and Mazdas over the years = $$$ parts. I'm more than happy with Honda parts prices & quality.
Old 07-27-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by CraigW
The NAPAs may be fine... but with the money you will spend buying twice you could have gotten OEM and had no worries.

After owning Corollas and Mazdas over the years = $$$ parts. I'm more than happy with Honda parts prices & quality.

Do you know who makes oem drums? Napa said a company in the US called raycould or something makes theres exclusively. They said theyre better than the infinias yhey carry.
Old 07-27-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry,no idea of source.
Old 07-27-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

The only ray-something brakes that I know of are Raybestos. They make decent stuff (though I'd recommend going for their "professional" line over their "service grade" stuff).

NAPA Brakes are supposedly made by:

Napa Adaptive One - Satisifed Brake Products , Canada
Napa Ultra Premium Ceramic - Akebono , Japan + KY and Brake Parts Inc (these vary by part number)
Napa Ultra Premium Orangic - Brake Parts Inc , IL USA
Napa Safety Stop Ceramic - Novatek Manufacuring , Canada
Napa Safety Stop Organic - Universal Automotive IL USA
Napa Tru-Stop Ceramic - Longkou Longji Accurate Brake Co.,Ltd. China
Napa Tru-Stop Organic - Leiling Gold Phoenix Auto Parts Co. China

according to Johnny248 @ BITOG: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=2230502
Old 07-27-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

napa is usually pretty good for aftermarket parts. with brakes ive learned the hard way its oem or bust, literally.
Old 07-27-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing beats OEM chassis components....well except aftermarket Honda sway bar end links.
Old 07-27-2011
I am Epic

Checked out my new drums, they look and feel exactly like the ones ihave now. Guess you cant tell the quality differences by feel or seeing eh?
Old 07-27-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Raybestos are direct OEM replacements, and NAPA carries em.

They have very high reviews,
Though they look nicer and shinier than OEM, they wear down and rust just as oem does
Old 07-27-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Raybestos are direct OEM replacements, and NAPA carries em.

They have very high reviews,
Though they look nicer and shinier than OEM, they wear down and rust just as oem does
Hmm Im wondering if thats what mine are now sitting in my trunk - Raybestos. The guy told me the brand name today, it starts with Ray but dont think its Raybestos. He looked it up in his system and said they only have 2 listings for drums for our civics. These Ray___ ones and more expensive infinia ones but he said these Ray___ ones are better.

I paid a pretty penny for them $56 a piece!

My 1 month old auto value ones were only $38 a piece.

And i will be painting them first.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-27-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure it would say it on your receipt. Or you could check their online to in store availability catalog. The latter is a hit or miss though.