7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Deer meat, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Deer meat, anyone?

I hit a deer on the way to work this morning. I took a different route than usual because the town I drive through a cop will pull you over for just about anything and my inspection sticker is one month overdue so I thought I would take a different route. Look what the different route got me.

i don't think I'll pass my inspection as of right now anyways..

Insurance should cover it, we recently upper our coverage about 2 weeks ago but the civ is paid off so until the adjuster comes by later today I won't know if this little dude is worth fixing. All the damage is cosmetic except for a busted power steering reservoir.

Old 07-25-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Deer meat, anyone?

oh man......that really blows.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Well... With all the trouble did you atleast get to keep the deer?
Old 07-25-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch...
Deer time again? :S

Well, time to deer jerky for snacks
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

bumper.hood,fenders, from Certifit.com. headlights you can find oem used on ebay or locale yards. PS tank http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=P.S.+LINES
Old 07-25-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

ill buy your rims :P
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

That poor whitetail deer was about 20 yards from where I hit it on the road. She had little ones inside of her. No blood though I was surprised so that might make whoever the insurance mechs a little happy and cleaner.

No airbags went off so it was a low impact hit. I'll keep yah posted and see what the claims person says.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Damn that sucks. But you're ok. Amazing to see now many members have had runnings with deers. They should make it illegal for deers to cross roads. All we need to do is find a stiffer penalty than death to punish them with.
Old 07-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sucks but should be fixable. new fender, bumper, possibly headlamp and a ps pump.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, if anything good comes out of this maybe I'll get some headlights. idk claims adjuster should be here in the next few mins.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

The claims guy said he will plug my car into the database 2morrow and I will get a call if the adjuster deems it a total loss. If I don't get a call it means they will fix it and I will get some papers in the mail this coming week.

My mother thinks its total loss, pops thinks its a 2grand job, I think its a 2g job, my brother thinks it "jacked up", my cousin x-claims adjuster thinks its a toss up. Stay tuned to find out!
Old 07-25-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

2g is about right.
Old 07-25-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Ouch!
Nother rudolph encounter with an off-season christmas gift...
G'luck, buddy. 2G is bout right
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Now my ex-claims adjuster cousin says this damage will cost at least 2g now. If I was smart I would think ahead and start looking for a new ride. Maybe a base RSX w/leather. idk things keep looking more bleak for the ole civic...My budget 10k with a pmt of around $110.00 a month depending on how much $ I put up front.
Old 07-25-2011
Premium Member

i dont think its totaled. how much is the car worth? prolly around $4-5k?
Old 07-25-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^yeah, that's the issue... it does not look totaled...
Old 07-25-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

You aren't the only one who secretly wishes he totals his car broseph.
Old 07-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see this being totalled. If they include labour+paint+headlight+fender+hood+bumper+rad support+p/s issues + other minor crap that gets broken along the way this could easilly reach 4-5k damages
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

^not to mention the door getting dinged up.

Yup they'll be looking at the last number at the bottom of the paper. A lot of cosmetic stuff got damaged. my KBB book value is 4400 on the low side. If its totaled I'll get around 3-4 grand.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

I got 5k to fix my car about 3 month ago so I don't know if 2k will be a total loss. Although I had about 35k-40k miles on it. But you can always think about taking the check and not fixing it if you want something else, plus you can partout or sell the car.
Old 07-26-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I'm so worried about hitting deer. Hopefully I'm not the next one on here with pictures. How fast were you going?
Old 07-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I commute down country roads sometimes and I worry about hitting a deer too... I try to take the highway as much as I can but sometimes to avoid traffic jams I'll rock the sideroads. I've come pretty close to hitting one but I've been lucky so far.
Old 07-26-2011
Premium Member

are they blind or what? ive seen deer run right into a car sitting at the stoplight before.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Oops my KBB is 3400 dollars on the lower end of the "fair" condition. I'm pretty much looking at other civics or RsX's in my area. Anybody want to chime in on RSX common issues? Im doing my research on it of course but if a forum member here can have any input I'll appreciate it.

I was going about 45mph on a slow degree turn going right. After seeing a deer on the left next to a deer proof fence. I slowed down to let the deer pass, after it passed I let go of the brake and proceeded to accelerate to the straightaway and right before pulling out of the turn we connected directly on the front left headlight.

Yes deer are in fact kinda blind. They rely in hearing and smell to get around. They can maybe see 50-100yards maximum clearly so it is hard to distinguish for a deer to see what is coming down the road. That is why they stand still until the last minute to realize what you are, and by then its too late.
Old 07-26-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Mindbomber is a fair contributor at clubrsx i believe, so he might know a thing or two

Anyways, at least there wasnt blood and guts
If anyone's seen my video, me and my friends almost hit 3 deers, one even ran towards the car >.>
Old 07-26-2011
Premium Member

my bro still has his 2003 base rsx with the auto/manual (manumatic shifting or whatever) and its a solid car. he has the hondata flash and few boltons. hardly anything broke except the usual brakes/tires type stuff. i think they replaced the ps pump under warranty for making noises. i usually do most of the fluid changes when he comes over to visit.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

UPDATE***

So my ins company decided to deem the civic a total loss and is willing to give me $5259.38 for it. I'm surprised for a 2001, 150k mi car was worth that much. I can take the 5g or keep the car but still receive 3317 to help play for damages.

I see RSX's and 2008-2009 civic's for around 9-11k dollars over the web in my area under 100k miles. Opinions?
Old 07-28-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

What someone said ClubRSX, Im on there

I known about their second gear grind issue ... and thats all I know, ha
Old 07-28-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Take the money, buy something nice
Old 07-28-2011
Premium Member

+1 kenny. plus you dont know if there is more damage than whats visible. you could run into problems fixing it and be stuck if its more than cosmetic stuff.

Quick Reply: Deer meat, anyone?