7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

hood wont close!!!

Old 07-22-2011
ke2
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ke2 is an unknown quantity at this point
hood wont close!!!

i just bought a 2002 civic LX, and noticed that the latch works, but the hood wont close all the way. i dont need to "pop" the hood to open it, just need to unlatch it and.. the bungee cord thing thats kinda holding it together. anyone know if i need to replace the whole hood or is this a simple problem i can fix on my own? thx
Old 07-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hood wont close!!!

could just be it needs a new latch assembly
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

It's number 5: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0

BTW: Can anybody identify numbers 41-43? They're not listed on any 7th gen parts list on 3 different sites.
Old 07-23-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually when they have an inlay its for a different trim or model. they do that a lot when you look up parts for an EX for example and it will have the LX parts in a box like that even tho it doesnt list them in the parts list (unless you look up the LX instead).
Old 07-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

before you try to change anything, the hood pop handle in the car, after you pull it to pop it, press it all the way in. Literally after pulling it, PUSH it in. My hood does that, and for 2 months I drove around and almost brought it to the dealer! because nobody could figure it out. would have cost my a fortune. So for sure try that first.
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
usually when they have an inlay its for a different trim or model. they do that a lot when you look up parts for an EX for example and it will have the LX parts in a box like that even tho it doesnt list them in the parts list (unless you look up the LX instead).
I know this but, I searched every trim and year (takes me about 12 minutes now. lol) and it's not listed for any model.
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Lopes101
before you try to change anything, the hood pop handle in the car, after you pull it to pop it, press it all the way in. Literally after pulling it, PUSH it in. My hood does that, and for 2 months I drove around and almost brought it to the dealer! because nobody could figure it out. would have cost my a fortune. So for sure try that first.
Good call. Did you ever fix it properly? If so, what was the culprit? The latch or the cable?
Old 07-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
Good call. Did you ever fix it properly? If so, what was the culprit? The latch or the cable?
nope, havent fixed it yet, whenever i pull the hood latch i just push it back in place everytime. my trunk and gas tank latch does the same, push it down gotta pull it up, pull it up gotta push it back down.
Old 07-23-2011
Premium Member

lazlong maybe its a canadian or other car part kinda looks like a hood latch with sensor to tell you when its open like the trunk.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

i had similiar problem, couldnt figure it out and then ended up ripping plastic handle from the hood cable (inside) after putting cf hood on i noticed the latch actually pulled itself through the rad support metal. had to drill latch out and put bigger bolt through it with washers.