7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Catback or Muffler ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crimson__01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Catback or Muffler ?

So I need some of your opinions on this. I have 2 2.5" magnaflow mufflers that i bought used from this guy for 75 bucks for both. I was thinking i could sell one and make some profit or at least break even and then install the other one for about 100 bucks at most(quoted from a mechanic).

Or i was thinking to just get a cat back. My friends dad is a mechanic and can install a custom catback that he can make for $250. Which i thought was pretty damn good. I also get a choice between which brand I want(I personally want magnaflow). Money is not the problem I just dont know what i want. Im not planning to keep my 2004 civic forever, probably like a year or 2 and then get a manual car for myself. But I also dont want to just be cheap and get a muffler. I don't need performance from a catback but its always a plus. What would you guys do ?
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Catback or Muffler ?

id sell one muffler then have a custom catback made with the other magnaflow muffler you already have.
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
id sell one muffler then have a custom catback made with the other magnaflow muffler you already have.
Yeaa i could do that. how much money you think ill save ? and what if i wanted another car the only thing is that its a custom catback and it might not fit into that car.
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

sell your other magnaflow to me!
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
sell your other magnaflow to me!
yeaa sure, im located in the GTA. pm me for more details.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crimson__01
Yeaa i could do that. how much money you think ill save ? and what if i wanted another car the only thing is that its a custom catback and it might not fit into that car.
an exhaust shop near me in Oakville will charge you prob 250 to make you a catback with one of your magnaflow mufflers. just make sure you tell them exactly what you want. so your saving a lot of money if you decide to go that route.

even if you bought a catback exhaust for your car it will only fit a 7thgen civic no other cars.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
an exhaust shop near me in Oakville will charge you prob 250 to make you a catback with one of your magnaflow mufflers. just make sure you tell them exactly what you want. so your saving a lot of money if you decide to go that route.

even if you bought a catback exhaust for your car it will only fit a 7thgen civic no other cars.
I can get a custom cat with a new muffler for about 250. I already sold my magnaflows anyway, made about 100 profit. Besides magnaflow is there anything loud but really deep. I know choices are limited since it is a civic, but I was thinking apexi n1 exhaust or vibrant exhaust.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Also would it sound any different if I got a custom exhaust with apexi muffler compared to an actual catback from apexi ? I heard that the custom catback won't sound as good. Is there anyway I can get the muffler shop to make it sound deeper and louder to ?
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ad a larger,longer resonator vibrant makes a nice one its called ultra quiet.
Old 07-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by crimson__01
Also would it sound any different if I got a custom exhaust with apexi muffler compared to an actual catback from apexi ? I heard that the custom catback won't sound as good. Is there anyway I can get the muffler shop to make it sound deeper and louder to ?
i have a apexi n1 cat back with a ebay header and custom down pipe. the apexi n1 has a nice deep tone. mine is quite at idle but once i put my foot into it gets louder but not to loud... if you always want it louder you can take the resonator out but usually when you take the resonator out the exhaust sounds raspy.
Old 07-27-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah the resonator gets rid of high pitch noises like most ebay fart cans give you.
Old 07-27-2011
Drive fast, drive safe

japaneseautos is an unknown quantity at this point

Look into getting an apexi N1 or Skunk2 megapower cat-back exhaust, those things sound nice.
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

pmed, u, no response yet
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

So I decided to get a header-back with either a apexi n1 or apexi ws2 muffler n tip. Is there much of a difference between a custom header and a brand name ? And what's the largest resonator I can put ? One day I was outside and I saw a celica drive by with a catback and I swear I could feel it vibrate in my ear, it was such a nice sound. I'm assuming because he had a large resonator. I'm gonna ask what he has lol I know it won't sound the same on my civic though...
Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

definitely get the WS2 if you want a low rumble.
Old 07-29-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
definitely get the WS2 if you want a low rumble.
Yeahh I'm leaning towards that one.