7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

they got me

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011
CivicChick2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all
Re: they got me

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Every time I get out, the take off the radio face cause it just unclips off.
yep. . every single time.
Old 07-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Ouchie!
I got my window broken once too, gps was gone. Good thing ours is a hard to take car, immobilizer and all.
Me old vw also got me a nightmare when the car was taken, a metal rod that was supposed to lock the shifter in reverse was cut because I did not have a loud alarm (would not have had the time to cut if I had...)
Insurance paid only fer the window... Oh, well, such is life
Old 07-20-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

I now keep my GPS down in my driver side door slot. You cant see it at all. Its a good spot i find.

I dont even leave change in my change slot. Bums will do anything for lunch $. Instead I keep my change in a pouch in my glove box.
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I think if my car ever was broken into, thieves would have a field day
$10 in coin box, ipod touch, ipod video, gps, deck, my amp, my sub, and an assortment of other goodies

X__x, that's why i'm careful where I park, and OCD about my car locked
Old 07-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah a whole screwdriver and hammer is needed to "bypass" the ignition lol. or if you want a clean theft, just bring your own ecu and key. swap the ecus (takes 20 secs max) and turn the key.

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Ouchie!
I got my window broken once too, gps was gone. Good thing ours is a hard to take car, immobilizer and all.
Me old vw also got me a nightmare when the car was taken, a metal rod that was supposed to lock the shifter in reverse was cut because I did not have a loud alarm (would not have had the time to cut if I had...)
Insurance paid only fer the window... Oh, well, such is life
Old 07-20-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah a whole screwdriver and hammer is needed to "bypass" the ignition lol. or if you want a clean theft, just bring your own ecu and key. swap the ecus (takes 20 secs max) and turn the key.
It's..... that...... easy.....????
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Not in Texas Kenny.lol. Somebody steps on your property, all you have to do is say "I have a gun, get off my property" If they dont, the state of texas will side with you.

I forget Texas is not everywhere :P
Gotta love the castle law. BTW, to those that don't know, "castle" includes your property, vehicle, and place of employment. God, I love my CHL friendly workplace!
Old 07-20-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Gearbox, stop giving people ideas with your theft expertise
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Just steal a factory diagnostic tool. Run up in the dealer garage, jack one and run out again before anyone can catch ya. Then you can run a bypass on any Honda.
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i seem to recall another way that you can bypass the immobilizer by entering a special service mode that basically gives you one free pass to start the car without the security shutting you out. its supposed to be for people trying to get to the dealer with a bad immobilizer or if they need a new ecu flashed like after a swap. i dont remember the specific details about it, maybe it was using the diagnostic tool. but car theft is very easy if you do a little thinking. while newer cars are getting more complicated, it just means the thief needs better tools. or in many cases, its easier to just use the owner's RF remote to unlock and start the car. much easier actually with the newer cars if you have the right equipment. surprisingly, it would be more of a chore to break into an 80s accord with manual locks than it would a 2012 infinity sedan. anyway the idea is knowing these things doesnt make you a thief, you have to be willing to steal in the first place. lucky for most people, majority of thieves are idiots. still, it seems like it would be fun to mess with people sometimes, like if they leave a window cracked open just get a stick and pop the power lock button and move their stuff around in the car or put a note saying gearbox was here lol. then lock the car when youre done. it will be a good story to tell their friends. just dont get caught doing it or you will prolly spend a night in jail.
Old 07-21-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i believe your rite about the bypass but it puts it in limp mode and won't go over 20mph which will be a very slow getaway.
Old 07-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, knowing doesnt mean you'll do it

Most car thievings are crimes of opportunity (Like someone leaving their car unlocked, or the window down)
Old 07-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

still better than no immobilizer at all
from the quality of questions around here, we know the large part of the thieves will try to use a stone to try to start it :P
Old 07-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Pretty soon
These kids will be searching "How to break into a civic" on google

And it'll lead em right to this thread :3
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member

nice. dont be stupid kids! not worth ruining your life over a civic.