7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dos XX

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Dos XX

I made a mistake once, just to see how it felt. I don't drink beer that often, but when I do....

Sorry for the useless rant, but it really ticks me off that people can't accept making a mistake or saying something that is incorrect, and not owning up to it. Instead, he or she will spin it another way or deflect the inaccuracy to someone else. Just to save face.

I don't know everything. I am able to pick up useful information, from anyone. Regardless of your background, age, experience level, etc. That's what separates a GOOD Forum from a bad one. Membership numbers mean nothing.

End Rant.

P.S. Thanks Mindbomber!
Old 07-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Dos XX

I agree, memberships numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, it's the integrity of the members that counts. On certain other forums I've seen mods and admins not only react poorly to a polite correction on a piece of misinformation, but go even further and actually close threads and delete posts to save face. Mods are meant to be role models in forum communities, so it's not surprising that some regular members on said forums behave even worse.

I'm proud to count myself among the ranks of helpful, friendly and knowledgeable members like:
Maxtierney, Sdaidoji, Tbohar, KennyKid, Triz, Gearbox, Electric130, xRiceBoyx, Sl33py and many more of you who I can't name all in this one thread.

It's members like the ones above who make this the best 7th gen community on the internet.

P.S. Cheers Max!

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-17-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

u drunk max? =P
Old 07-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I am
Who wants to come drink with me, my beers pink!

(Something happened on the other forum that inspired this thread )
Old 07-17-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
u drunk max? =P
I am now.
Old 07-17-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I am

Yeah, someone over there needs a knuckle sandwich.
Old 07-17-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... thanks Austin..

Last edited by BlueEM2; 07-17-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

?!?

was the reunion of the 3 in one thread that did spark that?
Well, better not to ask, i guess...
Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I made a mistake once, just to see how it felt. I don't drink beer that often, but when I do....
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Old 07-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Exactly what I was thinking...

What the hell is with this thread??
OFF TOPIC
/CLOSE

XD
Old 07-17-2011
EM2ti

Sorry guys. Had to vent a little bit last night.

sdaidoji - Nah. I corrected some butthead Admin on a little misinformation concerning suspension components, and he didn't appreciate it.

I don't know squat about electrical, detailing, painting, ICE, turbos, K20s, etc., but I'll call you out on suspension, even of you do run a site.

Last edited by maxtierney; 07-17-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yea, I pretty much stopped going on that forum. I was cool with a handful of those people back when this site was 7thgencivic, but over there, I just felt out of place. As relatively inactive as this place is, I still prefer it a whole lot more than 7gh. I really don't like the douchebaggery goin on over there.
Old 07-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

They have less traffic than us I believe
They've always been acting kind of cocky

Like a huge frat party, and if you're not in the circle...well you're not in the circle
Old 07-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

7th gen honda? I went there a couple times, made an account then for whatever reason still couldn't post. From the things I read over there, it seems to be very pretentious and not friendly. Rather than be nice and helpful and enjoy discussions, it's more like a bunch of snobby people circle jerking over each others cars.
Old 07-17-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I edited out my philosophical post lol
Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

I agree, memberships numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, it's the integrity of the members that counts. On certain other forums I've seen mods and admins not only react poorly to a polite correction on a piece of misinformation, but go even further and actually close threads and delete posts to save face. Mods are meant to be role models in forum communities, so it's not surprising that some regular members on said forums behave even worse.

I'm proud to count myself among the ranks of helpful, friendly and knowledgeable members like:
Maxtierney, Sdaidoji, Tbohar, KennyKid, Triz, Gearbox, Electric130, xRiceBoyx, Sl33py and many more of you who I can't name all in this one thread.

It's members like the ones above who make this the best 7th gen community on the internet.

P.S. Cheers Max!
NO WAY! Some douchebag ricer on another forum told you off? Couldn't happen in a million years. It doesn't help that most of them know each other offline either. I've had many a heated conversation with some azz on other forums. Mindbomber can attest to that. lol. Yet another ill in our society- denial of responsibility.

Don't let them get to ya Max. There are asses everywhere and you just have to "shake the haters off". The only times I really get mad anymore is when someone is messing with my family or endangering me.
Old 07-17-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
They have less traffic than us I believe
They've always been acting kind of cocky

Like a huge frat party, and if you're not in the circle...well you're not in the circle
I used to be in their circle. I stood by them when they created emhonda.com (which redirects to 7gh now). I still kept tabs over here though. Then, deployments happened and now that community felt fairly exclusive when I signed back up over there..

Oh well. I like what's become of cf a lot more.
Old 07-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxtiernity
I don't know squat about electrical, detailing, painting, ICE, turbos, K20s, etc., but I'll call you out on suspension, even of you do run a site.
You don't know squat about k20s, but your building a N/A k20a

I'm really trying to keep a cool head on this and not take this thread to far, but I really can't bite my tounge any longer. I watched the same person who you dealt with Max freak out and lock a thread when someone asked about using 03-05 coilovers on an 01-02. Buddy insisted it is impossible, everyone else pointed out you can swap knuckles, drill out the knuckle or order k-sport reducing washers, but he left a final post that it's impossible and locked the thread. Give me a ****ing break.

/Rant

The serious suspension nerds here should join me over on clubrsx; if you want indepth discussion on extending tie rods, gaining caster, rca ball joints and advanced theory thats the place to be. I'm hoping to get a set of todd's caster plates this fall
Old 07-17-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

free post FTW.
Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol i got into it with a bunch of guys over there about raceland coilovers when they fist came out about them being garbage and unsafe it only took one member almost crashing his car for them to get some sense in there heads and some of them still praise raceland ???
Old 07-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

WOWOWOWOW

u both have the audacity as being new members to start an argument in a supermod started thread?

quit throwing around ur testosterone and act like adults.
That's what they said, that really ticks me off
They are so full of it
Old 07-17-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

When people post stuff in that manner, you can't get mad at them. They type like they're in middle school. I'm a member to about 4 car sites. 2 of them are frequented every day. The other 2 I feel ashamed to have even signed up. The local forum is full of racist comments and immature ******. The other is Honda-Tech. The latter has good DIY's, but the level of maturity is what gives us Civic guys a bad name online. This forum has quality members that are willing to help, and that's what matters. I don't know your whole situation OP, but screw 'em. Don't let it get to ya.
Old 07-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

FYI any thread that degrades to the level the one on 7thgenhonda is currently at will be closed and points will given to the members involved, that includes this thread so keep it mature and don't resort to personal attacks.

I'm a member of a few forums since I have a lot of time to kill during the day, but the automotive forums are definitely the least mature. I think it probably has a lot to do with the intellectual level and maturity of the people generally attracted to them..

Styleforums hardly ever has fights, but it's populated by business professionals comparing $500 jeans; comparing the two, it's easy to see why it's difficult for honda owners to get any respect. It's a shame..

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2011

I am

someone PM me the link so I may have an idea of WTF u guys are tLking about. Hahha
Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

bg_008 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a new person to this forum I kept googling stuff and seen Gearbox respond a lot with patience and that's what made me sign up. I have been in other forums for other types of stuff and contributed a lot to a specific forum and just because one Mod didn't like me cause this pretty chick he was trying to conversate with was talking to me he got jealous he wouldn't unban me and one time he tried to humiliate me and I defended myself and it made him mad? I was one of the top contributers but just cause he didn't like me I was banned that's a shame. But that site didn't last long and got shut down so I guess it was a good thing?
Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

bg_008 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should try dos xx with margarita they are not bad!
Old 07-17-2011
EM2ti

Wow! Just got back from a Giants game. Hilarious and disturbing at the same time. Hat tips to Mindbomber and Kennykid. You guys are no joke, call it as you see it, old spice, no quiche eating, ******.
Old 07-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Our community is a somewhat distorted and broken family
but a family nonetheless

We got your back
Old 07-17-2011

Haha group hug.

No homo. But if u are, that's cool, no judgement.
Old 07-17-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Our community is a somewhat distorted and broken family
but a family nonetheless

We got your back
x2 on that

Quick Reply: Dos XX