7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Dos XX

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dos XX

I've had mine for almost a year no problems other than dust boots getting stuck on the threads. Took them off and all good. I drive back and forth from NC to PA and have to say the ride is awesome and I'm pretty low.
Old 07-19-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, its okay lowlife, I plan on trying em out sometime

If I crash and burn. I'll have on my headstone "lowlife9 told me so" XD
That, and i'll just haunt you for the rest of your life
Old 07-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they do get EM2s low ill give them that.
Old 07-19-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

This thread has been a rollercoaster of frustration, unity, division, commonality, fraternity and rivalry. I can appreciate the passions we all have for our vehicles, but sometimes it comes at the expense of our fellow enthusiasts. My belief is that different views on what the ultimate vehicle is supposed to be, perform or look like is what causes most of these issues. Is a hellaflushed, rear window spoilered, roof racked non-handling sedan better than a two finger gapped, max castered, 3 degree front cambered, 1/8 inch out toed, seam welded coupe or Chrome dubbed, body kitted, 2000w rms'd, vent holed, lambo doored hatch? People look down at what isn't cool, way too often. How many times has someone been ridiculed on both sites for having the wrong offset, color, height , etc. after pouring their money and hard work into their car. Posting pics of thier baby, looking for validation and acceptance, only to be LOLd off the site. Or garnering enough courage to post a tip or a tidbit of information, then getting flamed for being a newb. Happens all the time. Chest thumping, has been around since the slope head days. Jocks. Nerds. Hipsters. Goths. White collar. Blue collar. Striped. Polka dotted.

On a lighter note, did anyone catch tonight's Master Chef?
Old 07-19-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

^ and to that, I say to each his own

I really do respect people for taking their time to do something out of the ordinary
But sometimes you gotta facepalm yourself...

You think "What's sadder? The fact that someone is willing to put that on? or the fact that someone took the time to create such an item?"

and sometimes it's not exactly ridicule, sometimes there are positive criticism in remarks, and those who can filter those out.

I take myself and sleepy as an example
I thought it was so cool to have bunch of decals and crap on my car, until people pointed it out....
Same with sleepy with his bimmer gills (had to use that XD)

Some mods are like RHD conversions...They're cool for the first 15 minutes or so, and then they lose their glory
Old 07-19-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

so, max, does this mean i can continue to rice our my car?!
Old 07-19-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
so, max, does this mean i can continue to rice our my car?!
Just like pink is the new black. Rice is the new JDM. How can someone claim personalization when 200,000 other people have the same lip and skirt. It takes ***** to try something new or different. I'm gonna rock some spinner hubcaps. I just need to get some custom diamond steelies made first. A CB antenna and white double wipers are next.

The real reason altezza tails are so despised isn't cause they're ugly (well maybe). It's because everyone had em. Minivans. Camry's. LeSabres. JDM was cool 10 years ago. As were VIP and Flush looks.

Remember who started this rice fad in 2 years. Haha.

BTW - Stickerbombing is what the cool kids do nowadays. Same concept, different application.
Old 07-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

JDN is out, EDM is in. Get with the times people.

Kenny, please don't get racelands. There's plenty of good quality sets of coilovers that sell for the same price used on clubrsx.
Old 07-19-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Link me, and i'll research a bit

From what I found on Rokkors is that the quality is a tad nicer than the racelands, though they're the same brand.
I emailed a couple civic owners that bought em from their ebay store
1+ and 2+ years ago, seems they hold up fairly well

As long as it holds up past their 3 year warranty mark, it's paid itself off.

But I'm always open for other suggestions
Though, I'm not gonna go out on a limb on a no-name brand that no one's ever seen/used before
Old 07-19-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Link me, and i'll research a bit

From what I found on Rokkors is that the quality is a tad nicer than the racelands, though they're the same brand.
I emailed a couple civic owners that bought em from their ebay store
1+ and 2+ years ago, seems they hold up fairly well

As long as it holds up past their 3 year warranty mark, it's paid itself off.

But I'm always open for other suggestions
Though, I'm not gonna go out on a limb on a no-name brand that no one's ever seen/used before

omg dont give into racelands or rokkors kenny...

you should do tokicos at minimum
Old 07-19-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

You know you own a 7th gen when:

You prefer Dos XX

OR

MODS pwn3d you for no reason!

Wait.. wrong thread.
Old 07-19-2011
Registered!!

bg_008 is an unknown quantity at this point

My civic has 205,000 miles and counting its my everyday vehicle. I am just trying to replace everything I can little by little. I just want to get to the point where it is a nice ride, I don't plan on putting rims but I am contemplating on giving it a slight drop if that. With the miles my car has I plan on keeping it and rebuilding engine and transmission once those give out on me. I have a long way to go but slowly but surely I would like a compliment of that's a clean ride which is my expectations.
Old 07-19-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pheaton
You know you own a 7th gen when:

You prefer Dos XX

OR

MODS pwn3d you for no reason!

Wait.. wrong thread.

Last edited by lazlong; 07-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Have been off line fer a coupla' days...
Call ypu on suspension?!? Heck, you made me rethink on the use of 19" wheels (not that I would, but now I redirect any questions on large wheels to yer comment! Glad to have you here, max.
Note, I do respect some members in there, they have specific knowledge by having done the tests themselves.
Additional: racelands, rokkor's - some miata guys are succefully using them for a long time - cheap and high production, so the failures are luck of the draw - you also hear more failures because there are so many out there.
Ps: miata guys experimented with diff springs and bumpstops
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

^ yeah,
I was reading on bimmer forums and miata forums, they are highly praised for their price.

VW owners are kinda iffy on them

I'm still open to other suggestions, but if I can do fully adjustable coilovers, with camber kit for under $500, I'm gonna jump on it
With Rokkors being slightly under $400, it's the only one I know of currently in my budget
Old 07-20-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I could create a thread on any Honda forum about ebay turbo kits, cut springs or cheap coilovers and have a mix of people raving about how great the set-up is while others refuse to even consider it. It's about whether you want a high end build or an ebay build, most people will never feel the performance difference either way.

If I can find it, I'll post the link to my local forum where someone bought a car with rokkors and went to replace them with zeals immediately, only to discover the coilover had snapped and was being held together by a bolt.

If your on a budget, I sure am, buy used parts and you save 50% or more typically. Clubrsx is more active than 7GH , CF and our subforum on H-T put together so I watch their marketplace closely. If you wait a few weeks you'll have no trouble buying Function, Progress, low end Tein or Megan coils for between $400-500.
Old 07-20-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I received a pm from a member of 7GH who is totally uninvolved with the thread today apologizing for the childishness or the moderators on their forum, it was good to hear that it's not just people from this forum who feel that way.
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

^ thats good to hear

And aite, i do keep an eye out on CL for used parts for ep3, em2, and dc5
I guess i'll have to eye out another forum as well :3
Old 07-20-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I received a pm from a member of 7GH who is totally uninvolved with the thread today apologizing for the childishness or the moderators on their forum, it was good to hear that it's not just people from this forum who feel that way.
So did I, as a matter of fact. Caught me by suprise. Great gesture. Stand up guy.
Old 07-20-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'll let you know if I see a good set on there, Kenny. I'm on there everyday looking for a subframe brace anyway.
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Alright cool, good lookin out
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

I'll let you know if I see a good set on there, Kenny. I'm on there everyday looking for a subframe brace anyway.
Dam, they're just laying around the salvage yards here. Nobody wants them. I've seen the same one lying in the same spot for at least 8 months now. It's a shame it would cost an arm and a leg to ship.
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^
Everyone has different experiences, I happen to think there are some absolutely stand up guys on 7thgenhonda, bomerman is one good example. A small group of post ****** there who I don't like at all ruin it t for me and that's why I don't contribute to anything but difficult technical threads generally.

You Like me?! you really really like Me?!?!?! Sorry I had to

I going to step in and jack a little bit. Now I don't know what this is in response to I have an idea it's something on 7thgen and honestly I don't really care. and this is coming from a guy that remembers when this was 2k1civic and became an official member when it was 7thgencivic remembers when the servers crashed and you got a "im a supporting member" tag if you donated money to help get a new server. was here when it went to cf and then watched it fall and then fall a lot more.

Now I am not speaking on behalf or for 7thgen and I am not speaking because I am on there all the time. and you guys seem to really love this forum a lot which is awesome! but this is coming from being on like 30 something different forums from corvettes to miatas to hondas to trucks. and truth be told this forum is probably the lowest of the low.

and I am not trying to insult anyone or start anything but this forum was truly one of the best forums on the interswebs at one point it was magnificent!

and after it got change to cf about 6 months later which a lot of people were afraid of it started falling apart. and you got a lot of drama on this site which ran a lot of people over to 7thgen. and this site kind of started to feel like trench warfare. like a never ending battle some ask advice... some one gives advice... nobody listens... and this repeats over and over again till the senior guys that have done everything already just get fed up and leave. and the more guys that have a lot of good experience (as I have found in the past... not just here) that leave the more stuff tend to get jumbled up disorganized and just straight falls apart. there is a lot of drama on this forum and a lot of rice. now if I was to post something technical under this screen name there probably would not be an issue and if anyone challenged some one who is on here constantly would probably step up but if I posted the same thing under a different screen name there is a good chance I would have to deal or listen to a lot of drama on why I am wrong from some one that doesn't even have a d17 or some one that doesn't know it as well as me. and that is where in my eyes this site suffers the most. If my post "have to" be under my screen name (bomerman19) in order to have credibility then there is an issue. cause good info can come to the table in all shapes and sizes post count doesn't mean everything. and that is a very big problem I see on this forum

on another note I am very glad that some one is trying to take the time to consolidate this forum it needs a good cleaning with all the traffic it gets.

now if this has to do with a raceland thread over on 7thgen all I can really say is what do expect. there is a reason you will never see me in that thread. it is just one of those threads that is begging to be a pissing match. and as far as greenie goes saying he wouldn't have blown up the way he did if he did not know certain people were mods over on here I kind of have to call bullshit on. especially since adam has been banned from here for a really long time and probably does not know who the mods are aside from gearbox and triz unless some of you announced your selves. and here is the other thing with adam he has to be impartial and honestly he does a pretty good job of it. He HATES EVERYONE EQUALLY. even I get yelled at from time to time. It's kind of like toyoMatt over on hondatech a lot of people hate him but he is one of the best damn mods I have ever seen in action.

being a great mod does not mean you need to be liked, but more like hated

I think with a lot of work this forum could be something really nice again but like I mentioned before their are issues with this site and it is pretty heavily looked down upon and not just by the guys over on 7thgen.

Just jackin rantin and what ever not trying to start **** just wanted to attempt to give an honest opinion of what I have seen over the years.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Some mods are like RHD conversions...They're cool for the first 15 minutes or so, and then they lose their glory

Now This^.... is just some straight bullshit! I don't care who you are RHD conversions are not cool for just 15 minutes. driving around the U.S. in a RHD 7thgen civic, it doesn't get old... ever...

now back to your regularly scheduled programming
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

on the contrary i like this site because its nothing like hondatech or 7thgen it has more of a close niche feel to it. and here we go with the racelands again lol.
Old 08-07-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Honda tech sucks.
That is all .
Old 08-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Being a retired mod on this forum I know Paul (I'm 90%% sure that's your name bomer) has an understanding deeper than the average 7thgener on why this place slowly crumbled, it was essentially abandoned by the owners and mod team for years. The result was chaos, a total lack of moderation, ricer trolls and as members moved onto other vehicles we didn't attract anyone new and this forum was DEAD.

That's changed though, we've been working hard at whipping this place back into shape and we've seen a significant increase in traffic as well as great new members. As time goes on I look forward to seeing this place become great again.

On Matt, both he and itwasn'tme are great mods, which is why they aren't always popular. His em2 is definitely stands out in my mind as one of the greats among our relatively small community.

On Adam, it was a tough decision to ban him, but there was a reason and it was entirely unrelated to any tension between the two sites.I just want to put that out there.

On 7thgenhonda, since the new mod team was introduced we've tried not to encourage the hate between the two sites. Although it may not show in this thread. Keep in mind, at one point 7thgenhonda was censored here and still is on honda-tech.
Old 08-07-2011
EM2ti

Good points all around. I believe that most people, both forums included (all forums for that matter), are good people and mean well most of the time. The hard thing about posting on the internet is that there are inherent filters between the user and the community he or she is interacting with. Simple everyday things like eye contact, facial expressions, emotions, etc. are filtered out. This can be good and bad. Posts can be lost in translation, skewing how we really intend to say things (sarcasm, seriousness, understanding, jokingly, etc.), emoticaons or not. People can and do take it the wrong way. Same goes for words or a tone you would not normally say to or use with another person in real life. But certainly will, behind the security of your keyboard, or standing within a discussion board, or the length of your mod list, etc.

People tend to forget these things. That's my point. In real life, I wouldn't call someone an a--hat for not knowing the correct size tires to put on his new Rota Grids. Or call him a newb for not knowing what other seats will fit in his EM2. Or yell at someone to google it, if asked what intakes are available for a D17A2. Beleive it or not, some people have a life other than the forums and honestly don't know. That's what I try to keep in mind when I post.

Unfortunately we forget sometimes. Myself included. That's why I got a little irked when someone questioned me about my knowledge and started this whole thing. I didn't realize it then, but I do now, that I was correcting someone obviously who didn't know that I am sort of a BIG DEAL in the Civic Community (that was a joke by the way). Not his fault. But it was his fault to downplay someone's opinion, regardless. We're both at fault and human.

With that said... I'll do my part to be a little more pro-active and helpful in this forum, and understanding in others. One post at a time.

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Being a retired mod on this forum I know Paul (I'm 90%% sure that's your name bomer) has an understanding deeper than the average 7thgener on why this place slowly crumbled, it was essentially abandoned by the owners and mod team for years. The result was chaos, a total lack of moderation, ricer trolls and as members moved onto other vehicles we didn't attract anyone new and this forum was DEAD.
^BINGO! and yes it is Paul

as far as adam being banned well that was to be expected but the thing is he did stuff got banned for it and gearbox unbanned him and he was fine and then he got on a couple months after that and it said he was banned and he hadn't done anything. But it really doesn't matter cause I can tell you he doesn't give a flying well you know about if you ban him or not.

the secret that I have found to doing well in the honda world and to make it further than anyone else is to keep a very open mind which sadly to say most honda guys tend to struggle a lot with cough!!! d-series cough!!! and I have to say lately in the past year I have done my fair share of yelling at people to listen mostly though it is at one in particular that never reads anything that anyone post in response to his question and then keeps asking the same damn question every time.

But I am glad to hear that this site is going to attempt to make a turn around.

Last edited by bomerman19; 08-07-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: sepllnig
Old 08-07-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Last edited by bomerman19; 7 Minutes Ago at 09:31 PM. Reason: sepllnig
Lol, sorry this made me laugh XD

Anyways, we're trying our best to turn this site around with new staff, but the past couple of months was sluggish at best, with no1 having access to anything
Old 08-07-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

^ How ironic, lol ...

Vote Shari for mod !

Quick Reply: Dos XX