7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch recommendation please?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03Civicuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch recommendation please?

Hi All;
been looking and reading up on clutches but don't see which one would be most recommended on here.. what would you guys choose? I'm not looking for performance really, just something that will work well and last.. I looked at some from parts stores (UAP, etc) and was recommended a Rhinopac (http://www.clutchplace.com/clutch-ki...x-clutch-kits/) from one place... guy seemed pretty adamant and thought highly of them but i dont know.... what do you guys think??

Last edited by 03Civicuser; 07-09-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: Clutch recommendation please?

I'm interested in seeing what others say too, i need a new clutch really soon
Old 07-09-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of power/torque producing mods do you have, or planning to have on your car?

I'm kinda partial to exedy clutches. I liked the stage 1 clutch when I was boosted, and I'm about to pick up an exedy OEM replacement clutch. I don't really need anything more than that, and it saves me $140 by not getting the stage 1 clutch.

thmotorsports.com has the exedy oem clutch for 93 bucks, stage 1 for 235, and orders over $100 are free shipping.

Honestly, I've never heard of Rhinopac until now, but I've only looked into a few clutch companies
Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

03Civicuser is an unknown quantity at this point

No performance mods to speak of other than a cold air intake.., leaving it as close to stock as possible..I've seen exedy mentioned a few times...
Old 07-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

a replacement stock is prefferable for you. Stage 1 is kinda harder on the pedal. I had one installed when i rebuilt my trans - I shoulda done myself, though...
So not sure which is good, you can always try southbay honda, though, to compare prices.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 07-10-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think a stock clutch from south bay or majestic is more expensive than the exedy oem replacement

Edit: clutch kit comes with the pressure plate, friction plate, release and throwing bearings, and alignment tool. Buying all that separately on south bay totals about $220 plus shipping.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-10-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I think a stock clutch from south bay or majestic is more expensive than the exedy oem replacement

soowy! Like said, i did not go stock :P
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

exedy oem clutch for $93?! So your telling me i can $93 for a clutch and get my uncle to install it for basically free instead of $600-$700 at a shop?
Old 07-11-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I agree that Exedy is a good choice. Their parent company is also the OEM supplier for Honda.
Old 07-11-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

someone needs to make a DIY on here!!!
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
exedy oem clutch for $93?! So your telling me i can $93 for a clutch and get my uncle to install it for basically free instead of $600-$700 at a shop?
well, 93 plus shipping.. I don't know how bad thmotorsport's shipping to canada is. I know if you bump your cart above $100, it's free shipping to the US.

But, in short, yes. You can get an exedy oem replacement for 93 plus shipping and have your uncle do it for free.

and, if I decide to do my own clutch, I'll post pics. Alls I know is you have to drop the subframe to do it. Actually, when I did it last time, me and my friend said screw dropping the sub frame, and I pulled the casing apart as far as I could and he installed the ****. We had all of 4 inches to work with
Old 07-18-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
well, 93 plus shipping.. I don't know how bad thmotorsport's shipping to canada is. I know if you bump your cart above $100, it's free shipping to the US.

But, in short, yes. You can get an exedy oem replacement for 93 plus shipping and have your uncle do it for free.

and, if I decide to do my own clutch, I'll post pics. Alls I know is you have to drop the subframe to do it. Actually, when I did it last time, me and my friend said screw dropping the sub frame, and I pulled the casing apart as far as I could and he installed the ****. We had all of 4 inches to work with
It might be to complicating for me to do right now and clutch isn't something i want to screw up so i'll probably just get my uncle to do it but definately post pics if u do ur own