7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I got my ext in-line trans filter and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
I got my ext in-line trans filter and have questions

Im going yo install it tommorow but i need to make sure i have all the parts. I ordered a oem honda one and it didnt come with any tubing or clamp or mounting bracket. From what i know so far, because my car is not new and i wont be installing a trans cooler anymore (just the filter), i need to put the filter on the return coolant line that connects from the radiator to the trans.

How do i tell what that return line looks like?

Do i need to pick up extra plastic hosing from the auto parts shop? Or can i just cut the current return coolant line right in the middle amd install the filter there with clamps at the ends? If i need more what kind of hosing is the stock coolant hosing in our cars now? I obviously need to get somehing that wont melt from hot coolant.

The filter needs to be installed the right direction or it can damage the trans, how do i tell which way it does?
Old 07-06-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Re: I got my ext in-line trans filter and have questions

Wow no one can tell me which way the filter goes? This is the only pic im going by and i cant tell because i cant tell if gearbox is running that filter on his to or return hose line. Gearbox or something please please reply ASAP, I need to know. Because i was told you need to have the filter the right away or it can damage the trans. Is the filter in your pic here on your to or return line?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by gearbox
hot fluid comes out from the passenger side (so left) of the trans cooler line and goes to the passenger side of the radiator. then thru the radiator to the driver side, and a hose goes back to the trans with cooler fluid.
Originally Posted by gearbox
the right side hose is the fluid that goes out, it needs to get cooled and then come back.
the left trans line puts out hot oil that goes to the left lower port of the radiator.
Which is it dog? Is the left hose the send or return line? But yet in your pic, your filter thats on your return (cooled) line is coming from the left of the radiator. What the hell? I cant be anymore confused.

For the love of god please help me.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I gotta manual, otherwise I'd have some input for ya. Gearbox is always around, he'll drop in here
Old 07-07-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I gotta manual, otherwise I'd have some input for ya. Gearbox is always around, he'll drop in here
Im not getting my hopes up since no one has replied once.
Old 07-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

have tried searching for a DIY i would assume not.
Old 07-07-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by lowlife9
have tried searching for a DIY i would assume not.
did you not see the pics i posted? Its from gearbox DIY but like i said i cant tell from that pic which way the filter goes. Ive probably read his thread 4 or 5 times from start to finish, not just that but the entire thread.

EDIT: NO MORE HELP NEEDED. I GOT THE ANSWERS ELSEWHERE. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES ANYWAYS...NOT!

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah people didn't post because they dont have experience with this item not because they didn't want to help. next time will be sure to help you ASAP..... NOT!!!!.
Old 07-07-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I think you should consider moving permanently to the other forum.