7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock 7th Gen Short Ram Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SirCharlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock 7th Gen Short Ram Intake

Hey guys!
I have my 2001 green Civic.
I was wondering if you guys think that a short ram intake could be worth the 50$ it costs...
I'm just looking for a not-too-expensive mod that, without being ricey, will make my car a bit less disgusting lol
I heard that short ram intakes make a nice change to the engine sound...

Your thoughts? Would it be worth it?
Old 07-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Stock 7th Gen Short Ram Intake

Originally Posted by SirCharlo
I heard that short ram intakes make a nice change to the engine sound...
and thats JUST about ALL it does. it changes ur engine note to a deeper tone when u hit the gas hard.

other wise, its useless.

IF you are not in California, then just buy the cheapest ebay short ram u can find, then put a quality filter in it (like an AEM dry flow).
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
and thats JUST about ALL it does. it changes ur engine note to a deeper tone when u hit the gas hard.

other wise, its useless.

The gains will be next to nothing without remapping the ECU, even then it hardly does anything.
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

sure just make sure to as stated above to get a good filter because considering its basically for looks you want the filter to actually filter go with AEM dryflow.
Old 07-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely only for looks... however. I have one in the works simply because I can't stand what you have to go through to get to the air filter and the bolts that hold down the casing are all starting to rot out. Another winter and I don't think I'll be able to remove it so I'm replacing it with a short ram intake. I'm just sayin' there are a few reasons to do it but power incrase isn'tone of em
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

Lol! I know that I won't get any power from this... I'm only interested in cloaking my engine's pathetic sound!!

I think I'll get it.
For what it costs, there's no reason not to.

Um, noob question: what's the difference between a short ram and a cold air intake?
Old 07-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Cold air intake routes a lot further and lower than a short ram. It basically positions itself near the bumper so it sucks in colder air. The issues? If you drive through a big puddle you risk sucking up air and hydrolocking your engine. It really isn't worth the risk associated with it.
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

Hmm good to know, especially since I'm not particularly planning on making this car really fast or anything... Just looking for interesting and wallet-friendly mods.

I'm gonna go for a JDM grill, paint the hood and trunk black, add a lip, and I'll see where I go from there.
Plus, short ram intake to cloak ugly sound
Old 07-06-2011
Registered!!

GreenFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Skip the JDM grill, check out the Hybrid bumper...
Old 07-06-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

JDM lol!!! how about instead of painting the hood and bumper black you wrap then in 3M carbon fiber vinyl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSmasdSoY8

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Painting your hood and trunk black? Rattle can or in a booth? I don't see the point, personally.

Carbon wrap is like going out on a first date with a girl wearing a padded bra. Looks nice, but no real substance once you get down to business.

Unless you do either approach yourself, wrap and/or paint, they both can be pretty expensive (for a quality job, anyways). We're talking in the hundreds.

Depending on where you live or are willing to drive. Real deal Seibon or VIS carbon can be had for less than $400 new. Less for the other brands or better yet, used.

Food for thought...

Last edited by maxtierney; 07-06-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2011
Registered!!

so your saying you don't like small ****.
Old 07-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tbohar
Definitely only for looks... however. I have one in the works simply because I can't stand what you have to go through to get to the air filter and the bolts that hold down the casing are all starting to rot out. Another winter and I don't think I'll be able to remove it so I'm replacing it with a short ram intake. I'm just sayin' there are a few reasons to do it but power incrase isn'tone of em
Agreed.
I mainly bought a SRI to get a deeper engine sound, and easier access in the engine bay

I had a clip somewhere here with my SRI sound...it sounds awesome btw
Old 07-07-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lowlife9
so your saying you don't like small ****.
Just need a handful.
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

indoxsmokez is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 2003 4dr civic sedan and im looking for the whole stock air intake assembly...would it be the same as the 01? and to OP, if you do buy it, where do you live? i dont know what happened to mine, i think my uncle threw it out.