7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

My new drums

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
My new drums

Mine are rusted and dont like the rusted look especially with my black rims. New drums arent expensive and wasnt willing to spend hours and hours getting all the rust off my old ones, so I bought a new set for $75/pair today. I hit it with brake cleaner and 3 coats of VHT high heat paint. I covered up the entire centre area because i was told its best not to have paint on them as that is the surface that is in contact with your rims. So if its best to leave that part untouched what can i put on so it wont rust later?

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 06-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: My new drums

finally.

i approve.

i also aprove of ur mac. maybe this guy is a lil smarter than we think he is.
Old 06-29-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
finally.

i approve.

i also aprove of ur mac. maybe this guy is a lil smarter than we think he is.
You think i should put some clear coat on before putting them on? Is it even needed? And what can i put on the steel part to prevent rust since i cant paint them.
Old 06-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
maybe this guy is a lil smarter than we think he is.
I will have to agree (from bad cop to bad cop )

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ted-drums.html

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
double post sorry.
so got an approval from me too.
Not sure of the choosen color, but to each one his own

clear coat are not made for high temps, so they could flake?
Old 06-29-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
I will have to agree (from bad cop to bad cop )

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ted-drums.html

so got an approval from me too.
Not sure of the choosen color, but to each one his own

clear coat are not made for high temps, so they could flake?
You dont like black drums? I was actually going to paint them red but my friend said not to and they would stand out too much.
Old 06-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

non, non, your other thread says hot pink
as for the contact point with the rims, just leave them as they are, they will not be visible from outside either. A clear coat or paint surface is not homogeneous, so it could affect the seating of the rims to the drums. just leave them as they are.
Old 06-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I was excited, i thought someone found hot pink caliper paint.. I've been looking for that for a year.

Aside from that, it took me less than 5 minutes to clean the rust off my drums.
Old 06-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I was looking for pink drums too...

rust is not hard to get rid of, nothing a little steel wool and elbow grease cant get off
Old 06-30-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

BOO.. This thread sucks without pink drums.
Old 06-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
BOO.. This thread sucks without pink drums.
happy now

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No pink drums = thread closed.