7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 si Ep3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stimulisRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 03 si Ep3

I found a 2003 si with 97,000 for $5,500. It seems like a pretty good deal to me, I just wanna know more about the car. I've never really followed Honda, so I dont know that much about it, besides the obvious specs.

Pros/Cons? How do they hold up? 97k seems pretty good to me.

I dont know what and what hasn't been replaced/repaired over the years yet. All I know is he has a cold intake, and its lowered.

I'm going to look at it tonight. Is there anything I should look for/check?

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough
Re: 03 si Ep3

Yes those cars are treated like there stolen. Raced in every stop sign or traffic light. Ok I might have exaggerated a little but that price seems to low. I would check how they are lowered it, if there cut they might have half assed everything in the car for all you know. Check there title to see it its clean, if it salvage make sure there's no frame damage. And check under the seat for rust and air bag light they are a good indicator that is been in a flood. Just drive the car and see how the motor and tranny react. Don't be afraid of treating the car aggressively during your test drive and listen to any weird sounds or vibration. But by now it may be to late. Waw waw waaaa
Old 06-28-2011
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

The ep3 is the forgotten si as us ep3 owners say. I own a ep3 and you don't see them much but not everyone miss treats them, everyone I kno that owns one or has owned one has tooken very good care of them. The price on this ep3 is great so would be a good buy if everything is alright with it. Just get a carfax report for it and check for any kind of wrecked damage, check the oil, make sure no cel lights or anything else that's not suppose to be there on the cluster. Drive it nice and smooth but give it alittle rough up to see what its got and listen the hole time your driving for any suspicious sounds. I have owned my ep3 for 3/4 yrs and I love it.
Old 06-30-2011
Registered!!

stimulisRK is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the fact that its lowered? This guy is the second owner and he believes the first owner used coilovers and didnt just cut the springs. I'ts not totally slammed by any means, but you can tell its lowered. I'm having my uncle check it out at his shop. When driving it, it still felt comfortable, not like you were feeling every single bump.

Some one told me though, that lowering your car causes uneeded stress on the whole suspension/underbody and its very bad over the long run. I've never heard this and I really dont believe if you lower it properly it would cause any problems. Is there any truth to this??

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

fyi its not as bad as your friend makes it out to be will some parts wear faster than usual yea but its not like the whole cars gona fall apart bc its lowered. o and on todays cars you can buy lowering kits from the factory anymore i know toyota does this and i think even honda so really cant be that bad if the factories are allowing it and still letting you keep the warranties. only way it could be bad is if it was improperly installed or say they lowered it 2+ inches on stock shocks you can expect the shocks to go out in months after you get it if they havent already.
Old 07-02-2011
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

If it has coilovers then that's good cause you can save some money. But if not you can go and buy the raceland coilovers for the ep3 they are like 400 and have 2 yr warranty. There is a thread on ephatch bout them and everyone has good things to say. Now for stock struts lowered I have had mine lowered on tein s.techs for 40k miles and skunk2 which is 2.5 drop all round and have been running them for 30k and not yet have my struts blown yet.