7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Loud creaking from the rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Loud creaking from the rear

Hey dogs I got my sway bar tightened last Wednesday because i was getting horrible rattling, poppin and crackling sounds from the back when I would drive. It sounded like I had a box of empty beer cans in the trunk, it was horrible. But now I notice, as the weight of my body lessens as ill come out of my car i hear a really loud creaking sound from the back left. It sounds like a creaking rocking chair. If I sit back down and get up slowly again, same thing. But after the first couple times its gone and wont do it anymore. Then itll start again the next time i get out. Its really embarassing cause you can hear it well from the outside.
Old 06-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Loud creaking from the rear

All 7th gens do this. You need to lubricate every rubber component in the back because it could be any of them.
Old 06-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Every Civic should come with a can of white lithium grease
Old 06-29-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL I got this creak too. I thought it was because im 200lbs! So if I wanted to grease the rear end is there grease nipples or something or do I gotta spread it with finger?
Old 06-29-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

No grease nipples... just spray the fukk out of every piece of rubber you see in every direction you can and the noise will go away for a while. There really isn't a fix because nothing is broken, just rubber components rubbing and flexing... lol Triz you are absolutely right... or maybe a lifetime supply since you will go through a thousand cans.
Old 06-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

is there a creacking? My brain is hardwired to ignore it by now
Old 06-29-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
grease nipples
hehe

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I gotta spread it with finger
hehehehehe

I am so immature :P
Old 06-29-2011
Registered!!

^you make this forum adults only. Good call.
Old 06-29-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

True but HOndas shouldnt be creaking like this. I dont know about you, but its pretty embarassing getting out of your car and people can hear you from 10ft away due to the rocking chair creaking lol.
Old 06-30-2011
Registered!!

^HAHAHA I feel you. People think I'm farting when I get out of my car.
Old 05-16-2012
Registered!!

yogeshsr is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
I am reopening this old thread, because my car is making this creaking noise from rear, and thats driving me crazy!
The noise comes from rear right side when I take turns ,when I am on the slope or climb the slope.very negligible when i am on the bumps.
Initially I thought its suspension components, so I lubricated them with silicon spray last week, but didnt help.
now I am almost convinced that its coming from the trunk area(the metal pieces that connects trunk with the body), but not the trunk itself, because i lubricated the trunk springs as well last week.
I drove the car in our parking area(we have a good 3 feet slope from road to the parking lot) by leaving the trunk and right door open, and could hear the noise.
there is a long thread on other forum with similar problem, i spent 30 min in reading each and every post here.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...=23629&page=16

seems that this problem is very common in accord and these guys spray some DuPont Teflon multi use lubricant to fix the same.

my question is are there specific spots where we need to apply the lubricant?if possible,can someone please pinpoint with the pictures?
BlueEM2 mentioned that the components are rubber, but i dont see any rubber components in that area (where trunk connects to the body)

is silicon spray good for the lubrication in that area or should I try "Teflon multi use lubricant" as mentioned by the accord guys?
Currently i have
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=828521_0_0_
which i applied on the suspension components.

Thanks in advance.