7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do you think I should do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tipnitty is on a distinguished road
What do you think I should do?

So recently I've grown bored with my car and want to make it look a little bit better. I don't make a whole lot of money since I'm still in school. But here are some things I would like to do. Ideally I want to get a set of EP3 Rokkor coilovers. That's what I want most but not sure if I can spare that kind of change right now. So here are some things I'm thinking of.

OEM Fogs
Paint "H" in the grill black
Paint "H" in back a matching satin silver (since it can't be completely debadged)
Maybe a small top window spoiler
Front lip
DC5 gauges

Or

Should I save for a lower on Rokkors and still paint the emblems

Here is how my car looks now.

Name:  IMG_20110420_181615.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  135.5 KB
Name:  IMG_20110420_181631.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  125.0 KB

Before debadge and mudflap removal.
Name:  IMG_20110220_144903.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  97.6 KB

Any input is appreciated.
Old 06-20-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What do you think I should do?

save for a drop. all else can come later.

and i never heard of the brand Rokkors before. they are pretty cheap for coils so id be skeptical about the quality...

cheapening out on suspension could ultimately cost you ur car. this is from experience. just my .02
Old 06-20-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

If you're going to go with a lip then skirts would make it look so much better. i always thought just a lip without anything else on the sides looked uneven. You could also consider blacking out the insides of the headlights... you can do it yourself for cheap and it looks great.

Love the car as is though
Old 06-20-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i did a quick search for Rokkors and they are apparently garbage...pretty much re-branded raceland coilovers.

ur better off staying away and saving up.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

They are close to the same as racelands. People talk good about them over on 7thgen and they have a 3 year warranty. I was skeptical but like I said, every one seems really impressed by them. They are a direct fit for the 04-05 civics.

http://www.rokkortuning.com/p-13-rok...2002-2005.aspx
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
If you're going to go with a lip then skirts would make it look so much better. i always thought just a lip without anything else on the sides looked uneven. You could also consider blacking out the insides of the headlights... you can do it yourself for cheap and it looks great.

Love the car as is though
Thanks. I am still debating if I want to do the housings. Very easy to do, but I see some silver cars with them black, and others with them stock. And I go back and forth. So I'll probably just keep them silver for now.

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i did a quick search for Rokkors and they are apparently garbage...pretty much re-branded raceland coilovers.

ur better off staying away and saving up.
See I see the exact opposite most of the time. People have done these instead of megans for some reason and enjoyed them just as much. IDK I still have a while before I would be able to order them.
Old 06-20-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tipnitty
They are close to the same as racelands. People talk good about them over on 7thgen and they have a 3 year warranty. I was skeptical but like I said, every one seems really impressed by them. They are a direct fit for the 04-05 civics.

http://www.rokkortuning.com/p-13-rok...2002-2005.aspx
Are those you want to buy? cause they're for an EP3. You have an EM2
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Are those you want to buy? cause they're for an EP3. You have an EM2
They fit 04-05 em2 with no modifications.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe start under the hood? Intake/Headers/Exhuast. Idk im not one to make my car look fast on the exterior and be all stock under the hood. Yes the 7ths arn't the quickest cars out there but with a bit of effort you can get something going under there. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't paint the Honda emblems black or install guages. Again thats my opinion.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by marccayen
Maybe start under the hood? Intake/Headers/Exhuast. Idk im not one to make my car look fast on the exterior and be all stock under the hood. Yes the 7ths arn't the quickest cars out there but with a bit of effort you can get something going under there. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't paint the Honda emblems black or install guages. Again thats my opinion.
Not a chance. Its a civic. I won't waste money on intake or exhaust. Intake will do nothing and exhaust will do nothing but make me hate my car. I hate the way 90% of exhausts sound on hondas. Not to mention, stock parts on a stock motor is just fine. I would rather put gauges in the car that measure something I don't have (i.e. oil temp/pressure, volts.....etc).

I would rather my civic look low and clean and be all stock under the hood than have intake and exhaust and think my car is the baddest machine on the block. If I buy anything for the motor for this car its going to be a K series. The civic will only be lowered with supporting suspension modification and the interior and exterior will only receive subtle changes.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

when riceland coilovers were first introduced on 7thgen everybody loved them because they were so cheap 250 bucks back then when people got them they were impressed till they actually put some miles on them and they started to fall apart literally .one member almost lost control of his car when the piston separated from the shock body. interesting pic

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-15-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

snow is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry this doesn't help your question and I don't mean to just post random sh*t like this but I have a problem and I just join and won't let me start a thread. I just bought a '98 si coupe over the weekend and I looked it over and I know it needs a new CAT on it since the guy who I got it from put a fart cannon on with none......also there is a leak somewhere in the lines and not sure where. I don't know what choice I should take either just change the exhaust and go back to stock with a new CAT or just replace the whole exhaust system. Some one please help I need to get this to pass etest before my 10day allowance or 20 is up. Again sorry for posting a question about my own worries on your thread
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were you I would just invest on interior stuff. If your set on exterior, maybe some different rims and an OEM spoiler. Oh yeah fog lights are an option too.

Whats your inside like? There's so much more you can tinker with on the inside for a less amount of cash. You can change all you bulbs to a vibrant color, get a nice touchscreen deck, or a change the back lights of you gauge cluster. I keep my car stock on the outside but nice and classy on the inside.

So when people talk about how your car looks you can say like me "don't judge a book by its cover".
Old 07-11-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tipnitty
So recently I've grown bored with my car and want to make it look a little bit better. I don't make a whole lot of money since I'm still in school. But here are some things I would like to do. Ideally I want to get a set of EP3 Rokkor coilovers. That's what I want most but not sure if I can spare that kind of change right now. So here are some things I'm thinking of.

OEM Fogs
Paint "H" in the grill black
Paint "H" in back a matching satin silver (since it can't be completely debadged)
Maybe a small top window spoiler
Front lip
DC5 gauges

Why cant you debadge the rear? I did and had no problems with it.
Old 07-11-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lopes101
Why cant you debadge the rear? I did and had no problems with it.
he probably means because of the fact that removing the H leaves 2 small holes that you can't really do anything about.
Old 07-12-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shift-E
he probably means because of the fact that removing the H leaves 2 small holes that you can't really do anything about.

Ooooooh, I was thinking he meant for painting it, so he was going to paint it a matching silver on the car... i was terribly confused! sorry
Old 07-12-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lopes101
Ooooooh, I was thinking he meant for painting it, so he was going to paint it a matching silver on the car... i was terribly confused! sorry
Ya, so I guess he's just going to paint it so it blends in with the car rather then remove it and have 2 tiny holes.
Old 08-03-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Ya, so I guess he's just going to paint it so it blends in with the car rather then remove it and have 2 tiny holes.
Yeah that's it. But I'm leaving it for now.