7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello...

You people in the states are lucky
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol there are always certain facilities that will pass you if you give them a little something extra on the side if you know what i mean. i would ask around some canadian forums to find one.
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol...Emissions testing...God, out of all the things I hate about West Virginia(and there are a LOT) I have got to say I love not having to deal with those...

As long as my lights work, my tires have a little tread, and my windshield wipers move, I've got an inspection sticker for $12....

God Bless America....lol
Old 06-15-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea.. A friend of mine did my emission test but I think it would have passed anyway so I'm good for two years now hahaha Even with a massive split in my cat!!! If I do however get a CEL for cat here in canada im fugged... anyway, back on topic
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

So gearbox, u think i should just get that spacer now? Or just get the whole thing now.. The problem is i dont have 800 now cuz i need it for school.. But, i will later maybe upgrade my exhuast.. I am just doing this now cuz, my sticker expires on 30th of this month so i need inspection in order to get the sticker.. Now i cant pass the inspection cuz of that code..
Old 06-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah try the ecu trick now if you cant afford a new cat. it shouldnt hurt anything unless the cat is clogged, in which case it might cause engine damage. usually tho, the engine light will flash if it gets that bad. and you can tell because the car has much less power.
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

What is a ecu trick?..

And i dont know yet anything. I am going go to the local shop tomorrow and ask him..
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the defouler tricks the ECU hence ECU trick and it really works as i stated before i easily passed my emissions test it took a whole 15 seconds because like gearbox said its a joke and no i didn't pay the guy off.

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-15-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

Ok. but is there like a instructions on how to trick ur ecu.. What do u have to do..
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

lol i already explained how to do it O2 simulator and defouler are the same thing man. did experiment with to many drugs over there in europe.
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

lol nah... ahaha... Ok man thanx.. Thats all i asked for...

going today to see if it cat or sensor... If its cat i ma get the spacer thing, if its sensor i ma get that sensor... I'll keep ya updated....
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

Ok i ordered it... Now i hope it works... Cuz if it dont then i ma have to spend 600 bucks at the shop... Keeping my fingers crossed..

Can someone post a link of diy for this 02 spacer installation..?

Thanx, i'll keep ya updated..
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

there really is no need for a diy you just screw it in. there basically are no diy because its so easy the only diy i know of is how to make a home made one but i didn't give it to you because the home made one sucks it doesn't space the oxygen sensor far enough. but here anyway
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...simulator.html

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-16-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

do u maybe know what kind of tools do i need.. What size..

So, i just unscrew that second sensor and put the spacer in and screw the sensor back into that spacer and reset my battery, drive for 50-60 miles if the cel dont come back on then i am good.. I hope..
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

yeah thats about it except you mite wanna spray some liquid wrench or PB blaster if its seized.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

ight thanx...
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

civic0427 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jack this thread but im in the same situation as him. Mine started out as a bad o2 sensor and I replaced it. Now that the o2 sensor is working its telling me the cat is bad. (Using the Modis) so Im going to put a header on it. Do you think the simulator will work for me also when I put on my header? Megan racing one has the o2 holes in it
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

I keep u updated when i put my 02 sim. on...

The thing is what kind of civic are u driving? dx,lx,hx or ex... Ex has a simple exhaust (Not the expensive one)

I am going to convert my dx exhaust with ex... But right now i just need my sticker for my registration...
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Ok, i got the part, now there is 2 sides one is lil thinner than the other side and it has a bolt and the other side is lil wider.. Which side does the 02 go in.. I finna let my exhaust cool off and pull it in garage and do it.. I keep u updated..
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

civic0427 is an unknown quantity at this point

My car is a LX but my motor is an EX. Im going to try it but first want to get my VAFC II set up. LEt me know how it goes for ya!
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

Ok, i got a question.. How the fawk do u bolt that 02 sim... Seems like u have to take 1 part of the exhaust off so u can turn that 02 Sim around, cuz there is no space to turn it, with the exhaust on..
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Well, i just passed the inspection today... I went to the muffler shop with that part and had him install it for me... I guess when u run it on stock exhuast u have to replace the 02 sensor lil more down that part of the exhuast that connects to ur convertor.. Thats where my 02 is now...

Well, This part saved me alot and thanx alot guys..
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

you saying he stretched your bung hole ???
Old 07-30-2012
Registered!!

Yea... I am still riding with this **** on my car and no problems.. 2nd year inspection past month! lol..

Now the question i have is, can i just do a straight pipe and header no catalytic converter with this 02 simulator?
Old 08-01-2012
Registered!!

basically yes the only foreseeble problem i can think of is if your buddy isn't there and they find no cat and fail your visible inspection. that happened to me last month i went in for emissions and my usual guy wasn't there the new guy was like ''you don't have a cat'' im like yes i do hes like ''umm no you don't'' . i thought i was screwd but he ran it through and it passed.