7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I :sad face:

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I :sad face:

Yes, very sad face, indeed...

The day started well. I had been scheduled a 12 hour shift at work. But, thanks to some slick talking, had been able to cut that in half. Beautiful day for an outing. So, I pack up the girlfriend, and the baby. And, we're off to the park...or so we thought.

Name:  0613110722a.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  0613110721c.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  0613110721b.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  0613110721.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  0613110720.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  0613110722.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  16.7 KB

<I know, I know...

Not a day stopper. But, still. Not very good at all. Ya see. The neighbor boy(30yr old 350lbs by the name of 'BIGJESSE'[on the license plate]) had decided to park his 70 something mecury grand marquis half way in the street.

Now, it was partly my fault. Being the person I am, I stupidly believed others knew how to park. So, didn't really pay much attention while backing out. However, at idling speed. I would've hoped for a lot less damage. Of course, his car is made of metal, so there was not even a rub on it..

Still went to the park. Just had her laughing silently the whole time (I can't believe you crashed your car..he, he, he) So, now comes time to fix this. I went out a few minutes ago, and I can't bend it out by hand. Cannot afford shop work. Thinking about a hammer. Just wanted to get some suggestions first.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks, guys!
Old 06-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I :sad face:

Ouch, that really blows

The damage looks too deep to just push out by hand at this point
But I would at least try to remove the rear bumper and somehow force it to pop back out

If that fails, at least you have the bumper off, just take the bumper to the shop, you pay a little less for labor

Personally, I would take off the bumper, clean out the inside of debris, then take it indoors (carpeted area), while wearing socks, try to step on the inside to pop it back out.
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ehh evan if you manage to pop the dent out it will never really look the same i would just buy a new bumper cover either from ebay or certifit.com and have it painted it shouldn't cost more then 300-350 bucks certifit.com after market bumper cost around 80-100 dollars. having something like that on my car would literally drive me crazy.
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

check this out now i know you can swap bumpers from a 2004 coupe onto a 2002 so im assuming you can do the same on sedans but im not 100% positive your going to have to ask around but if you can then check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

That sucks. You can head gun it and pop it out or go to the junk yard and get one. I would get a 04,05 bumper if you can find one tho.

Edit: oh got ninja'ed by lowlife for the 04,05 part.
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, it's definitely too deep to just push out. Which is crazy considering I was barely moving fast enough to even be considered drifting...I like the take it off and step on it idea...How hard will it be to rip off the back bumper? I would love to be able to replace it. But, that amount of money is pretty hard to come by in our current situation. Hopefully, I can heat it up a little and pop it back, at least close to original. I know it's not going to be perfect. But, anything is better than this.
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

My bumper looks just like yours but mine has a crank and not a dent.

I feel your pain!
Old 06-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

It shouldnt be too hard to pop off the rear bumper

Everything on the civic is held on by like a couple bolts and a few clips
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

^ along with 8, 10mm bolts!
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
^ along with 8, 10mm bolts!
Hey! That goes in the "You know you own a 7th gen thread...".
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by UnderDog
You see the tabs? Those hold the side of the bumper on. If they're broken (like the one on the right looks) then the side of the bumper will stay popped out.

I think you're extremely lucky it was just the bumper.
Old 06-13-2011
Registered!!

floyd107 is on a distinguished road

yep just use a heat gun and heat up the inside of the bumber and push it out best as poss.you prob wont get it back to normal like said above but if you can manage to get it out a lil more than it is and then take it to a shop then it may be cheeper but for now stick wit the sad face.
Old 06-15-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna stick with the sad face, for now. No heat gun, but a blow dryer should do the job, right? That one tab is broken. But, luckily, that's the only broken one, so the rest should still snap into place.
I'm a little busy with work this week. So, hopefully this weekend, I'll have some time to pull the bumper off and take care of enormous eye-sore.
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

So...it definitely took longer to do then I had expected. I've had it done for prolly a week now, and just remembered that I hadn't put up any completion pictures....

Name:  bumper3.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  bumper4.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  32.7 KB

It didn't turn out too bad. You can still see there was some damage there...But, unless you're looking for it, you really only see the paint.
Old 07-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Still way better than a huge fat dent on your car.

How'd it go? did you use a hair dryer?
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

It went nice and smooth..2 10mm bolts, 4 phillips head screws, and 2 tabs. Yanked it off in less then 10 minutes...Took the hair dryer to it for 5-7 minutes just to heat it up nicely, sat it on a blanket on my living room floor, and just pushed it out with my foot.
It is definitely better looking then that fugly *** dent!
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

Doesn't look that bad. Good job. If you drove around here you would blend in fine, half the cars on the road here have dented panels.
Old 07-12-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you decide you want a new bumper, ive seen painted aftermarket bumpers on ebay for around $200 shipped. i have one and it fits great.
Old 07-13-2011
Registered!!

I would love to be able to get a new one. But, I am no where near financially able to put out $200 for something that "isn't broken", even though my heart still is, lol..

Drove the wife's car home last night, so I had the opportunity to be behind the civic. I couldn't even tell the dent was there until I got right on her ***. So, I guess I'm just gonna tough it out. Since tax time is the next time I plan on seeing expendable income, I suppose she's at least there for the winter.
Old 07-13-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You can add a little bit of touch up paint on the black and see if you can blend it in. You know your going to replace the bumper so even if it doesnt look perfect no big deal because at least it will hide the black
Old 07-13-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, I'll have to check on getting a small thing of touch up paint. Where is the cheapest place to check for that? I'm thinkin Wal-Mart?
Old 07-13-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate to point out the pointless things in this thtead... First post u mentioned u "packed up the girlfriend" then u mentioned that u drove the wife's car. No wonder the funds are low, one girl is expensive enough!

All joking aside... U def fixed that bumper well. A lil touch up paint like they said aboveand no onewill notice. Well, u will always see it regardless
Old 07-13-2011
Registered!!

Heh, heh, heh...Yeah...no official marriage, yet. But, the cars, the house, the baby, everything else is in both of our names, so it's close enough. Thanks for pointing out my inconsistencies, though...dick.

I don't think I did too bad. I think that by me waiting so long to try to pop it off the dent kind of formed itself into the bumper. I got most of it out, but there is still a shallow spot where the dent was.

That little tiny crease is the worst part of it, now. I tried forever on that. But, it wasn't going anywhere.
Old 07-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

It's good enough for a temp fix lol

and lmfao @ the wife/gf reference
Old 07-14-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Atleast it was a plastic portion of the car, I wasn't so lucky with my last mishap. My buddy had his R6 parked behind me. He needed to move his bike from the street into the driveway and we both thought it'd be the perfect time for me to learn how to ride his motorcycle. After a crash course in shifting I throttled up. I managed to maneuver from behind the car to the side of they car... I panicked and released the throttle causing me to lose momentum and I laid his R6 into the side of my Civic (rear panel behind the gas tank).

One of the worst moments I have had with my em2! Strange thing was, when I managed to get his bike up off the asphalt people came by to ask of we were selling the bike... We were both WTF!

We used polishing compound to get his blue off of my red but the dent is still there. It sure cured my itch to get a bullet bike... hehe