Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Headlight bulb

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AG05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight bulb

Just venting....

Why does Honda's (or imports) makes it so hard to replace parts on these cars?!?! All I'm trying to do is replace the headlight bulb(s)...
Old 05-31-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight bulb

on a 7thgen? easiest lights ive ever had to replace. the PS reservoir pulls up on the driver side for tons of room, and the passenger side also has plenty of space behind the battery. shouldnt take more than a minute per side.
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I find it super easy too, even the signal marker bulbs aren't that difficult..
Old 05-31-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

heh unless you have tyc projectors, then the bumper has to come off for the park light lol. the hid is easier to change than the hi beam and park light.
Old 05-31-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You can get at the parking lights from behind the fender splash guard.. Thats actually what it tells you in the owner's manual.
Old 05-31-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

yea i never had a problem replacing mine or my friend's 03 civic.

do you have fat or gigantic hands? that might impede the process and make it harder
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

AG05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was able to replace both headlight bulbs. I guess it was sticking since the headlights has never been replaced, but its done...
Old 02-04-2015
Registered!!

h4ldol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
on a 7thgen? easiest lights ive ever had to replace. the PS reservoir pulls up on the driver side for tons of room, and the passenger side also has plenty of space behind the battery. shouldnt take more than a minute per side.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how do you pull up the "PS reservoir"? Actually, I don't even know what part that is but I'm assuming it's the part that's directly behind the driver side headlight that makes it so difficult otherwise to access the bulb? And you just "pull it up"? It would be great to get clarification on this since I really dread changing headlight bulbs because of the lack of space behind the driver's side headlight.
Old 02-04-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Look real close, it likely lifts up out of a bracket.
Old 02-04-2015
Registered!!

h4ldol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
Look real close, it likely lifts up out of a bracket.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it when I get home. If it's that easy, it'll be great because I like to use those xenon halogens that don't last very long.
Old 02-10-2015
Registered!!

section213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! What a coincidence this thread was bumped previously this week.

I am 'attempting' to change the driver's side regular headlight bulb on my Honda Civic 2004.

I have a found a very brief youtube video but I simply can not see how the bulb holder is being turned out of the socket. This bulb holder has to be turned and pulled out before removing/changing the bulb.

Is this clockwise or counter-clockwise from the drivers vantage point? I have tried both ways but don't want to exert pressure to break anything.

Is there a better instructional video / any other help? Thanks!
Old 02-10-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Counterclockwise to release from drivers vantage.
Old 02-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Unplug the connector before trying to rotate the bulb.
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Style..blame it on women engineers? Ha if it makes you fill better. Let Ezone do it for you. I have a 46 Chevy Truck that has silly dogbone fasteners all over it to keep owners from working on it. Says in the manual for the owner to take in in for all service. Truly Honda do engineer disassemble into their cars. Look at the right upper engine mount. Look a those bends in the ABS lines near it. Those are bent that way to enable you to get the wrench on the bolts and wiggle that huge mount out of there. Does help to do it on a regular basics. Most people take the upper mount off the body first. But it will come out if turned and rotated correct way.
Old 02-11-2015
Registered!!

greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
it is now super easy that i've done it a few times... i remember the first time took me forever for some reason. you're right tho just move the power steering reservoir and its super easy.. i usually remove my battery on the passenger side or i don't got enough room. there's vids on youtube for both the headlights and parking lights / turn signals.

don't remove your bumper.. that's just pointless unless your replacing the entire headlight assembly
Old 09-13-2019
Registered!!

0Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I made the headlights upgrade easily for my Civic. They look cooler than the old yellow halogen headlamps

Last edited by 0Civic; 09-17-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added