7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

HELP: Aiming headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
HELP: Aiming headlights

I've read gearbox's aiming DIY and understand it. Measusre center of headlight to the ground and have the cut off about 2 inches below that measurment at 25 feet away.

He mentioned that 01-03 coupe's didn't have left/right adjustment but sedans did. Why is that?

The headlights I purchased off ebay do have left/right adjustment. So my question is; how important is it to adjust left/right with projectors on a coupe?

PS: I have yet to take my car out at night to see how the cutoff looks.
Old 05-31-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: HELP: Aiming headlights

Originally Posted by Shift-E
He mentioned that 01-03 coupe's didn't have left/right adjustment but sedans did. Why is that?
because honda is gay. sometimes they do things that just dont make sense.

Originally Posted by Shift-E
The headlights I purchased off ebay do have left/right adjustment. So my question is; how important is it to adjust left/right with projectors on a coupe?
its important because you want to have a straight forward beam. if they are crooked, they will not align right as the beam goes further down the road and the light output will not be evenly spreaded out.
Old 05-31-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have my projectors pointing inwards so the cutoffs meet at a distance. it gives brighter light in front of the car and less to the sides which i like better. but its personal preference. the real aiming calls for each projector shining forward without any left/right angle. post some pics of your output on the wall and we can give comments
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

I always thought that the horizontal adjustment should be fine when retrofitting mini morimoto's since they fit into the existing bulb socket and the alignment rings are used. I didn't do any left/right adjustment after I mounted my mini morimoto's; only had to adjust the rotation and vertical adjustment.

Last edited by raigen18; 05-31-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by raigen18
I always thought that the horizontal adjustment should be fine when retrofitting mini morimoto's since they fit into the existing bulb socket and the alignment rings are used. I didn't do any left/right adjustment after I mounted my mini morimoto's; only had to adjust the rotation and vertical adjustment.
its different for every retrofit.

since i have a coupe, i couldnt adjust left/right......and it so happends my right morimito projector was completely aimed left.
Old 06-01-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I was supposed to go get pictures last night, but didn't get time.

It's not dark enough until after 9 this time of year, and I had work today so I couldn't run out.

I'm hoping tonight I'll be able to grab some pics. Probably do the vertical adjustment as well.

Will the horizontal adjustment effect the vertical? Or can I do them at separate times?