7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 Civic Hybrid- AC compressor R & R

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr.shaylee is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic Hybrid- AC compressor R & R

Hey there,

found out that the AC is on the fritz and rather then drop $2000+ i'm thinking about attempting to R & R the Ac pump on my 03 Civic Hybrid.

Anyone done this before?

What tools do i need?

Any ideas for parts? Used or new? referrals?

How long?

i also have a friend with the same issues with his 02 CRV- any similar info for his ride would be great.

thanks!
Old 05-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 03 Civic Hybrid- AC compressor R & R

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation R & R?

I know someone else very recently had issues with their AC compressor and their solution was an AC delete by installing a DX belt and removing the blower relay, they live in Canada though, so AC isn't a big deal. If your talking about rebuilding the compressor, I've never seen a thread on it, maybe someone with the service manual can weigh in...
Old 05-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 03 Civic Hybrid- AC compressor R & R

I just spent 30 minutes writing up a step-by-step then I realized I had no idea how the electrical is hooked up in a hybrid. If you mess with the electrical in a hybrid and you don't know what you're doing or have the right tools IT COULD STRAIGHT UP KILL YOU. 1000's of times the amperage needed to kill you is no laughing matter. I'm very hesitant to tell you how to do it without actually looking at it to see any wires that might be in the way. Can you get to the compressor, either thru the top or thru the wheel well, without even touching any wires- ESPECIALLY THE ORANGE WIRES? Orange wires are for the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system and carry a massive charge.

Man, I can't in good conscience tell you what to do besides get a service manual, not a Chilton or Haynes, and read up on the procedure and what tools are needed. At the most you're out $50-60 to find out you can't do it. And then you have a manual to help fix what you can fix.

Go here for a factory service manual: http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...B03&itemtype=N The KA stands for California models (emissions).

Or go on eBay and get a CD, down-loadable, or used manual.

Laz's tip 'o the week: R&R means remove and replace

Last edited by lazlong; 05-22-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: 'cause I like to, that's why.