7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Let Me Know What You Think!

Old 06-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilbert2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Let Me Know What You Think!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
were exactly is it cracking ???
They crack on the "lip" that slides into the window. up my the mirror and at the other side by the top of the window.
Old 06-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

maybe you have it to far into the channel i remember when i first installed mine the window wouldn't shut at all i was like wtf but i kept messing with it till it was in its proper location. it was still a tight fit but it gets looser over time.
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

After one phone call and a new packing box im shipping my 2 sets of broken weather techs back for a full refund. im looking into other brands and i think i will try AVS next. im also going to be getting password jdm fog lights and i have no previous knowledge of how to install them. is there a good DIY on the passwordjdm fog light install?
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

that sucks weathertechs are so clean looking compared to the stick on ones.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hilbert2010
Yea the limit is 35% i believe in ohio but if a cop wants to pull me over in the middle of winter in the snow or in the summer heat then more power to him. ill take the ticket.
Question about the rear window tinting... I just noticed that when they tinted my rear window they left a *maybe 2 inch* gap at the top (has small black dots *prob for rear defroster*). I really haven't noticed it much on other 7 gens. Does anyone here have that same gap when they tinted their rear? I've had it tinted @ 5% for a few years but I'm wondering if I should have it redone cuz it's beginning to bug me.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CGaud
Question about the rear window tinting... I just noticed that when they tinted my rear window they left a *maybe 2 inch* gap at the top (has small black dots *prob for rear defroster*). I really haven't noticed it much on other 7 gens. Does anyone here have that same gap when they tinted their rear? I've had it tinted @ 5% for a few years but I'm wondering if I should have it redone cuz it's beginning to bug me.
they tinted over my whole rear window. the part you are talking about i believe is the antenna. which some places think that if u tint over it that u will lose reception. i think?
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Hail storm and thats all im gonna say.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	81067  
Old 06-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch...Good thing i haz a garage
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Ouch...Good thing i haz a garage
if i had to guess, im sure my insurance will total it its not just hoo,roof,trunk. its A and C pillars and the quarter panels. not to mention my drivers side window sill getting dented too
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

dam they were predicting quarter sized hail today in my area so i grabbed some blankets and foam mats i had i was going to put that down then put my car cover over that but it didn't hail. i have basic insurance so that wouldn't be coverd for me.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

they tinted over my whole rear window. the part you are talking about i believe is the antenna. which some places think that if u tint over it that u will lose reception. i think?
Good 2 know... I'm gonna have them retint me. I'll tell them to tint behind my third brake light also. Lazy...lazy!
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CGaud
Good 2 know... I'm gonna have them retint me. I'll tell them to tint behind my third brake light also. Lazy...lazy!
Keep in mind the place you had it done might not had cut there tint. the place i went to was computer cut tint. so they might only have one template for the rear window.
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

Keep in mind the place you had it done might not had cut there tint. the place i went to was computer cut tint. so they might only have one template for the rear window.
With my luck that would be the case. The cuts do look very precise and that would explain why. *cross fingers* Anything is better than the way my buddy did his... put the film on the outside of his window!

Search this Thread