7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

7th Gen civic EX exhaust

Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondarider17 is an unknown quantity at this point
7th Gen civic EX exhaust

Hey there guys.
I Threw on a "Fart Can" muffler on my 7th gen civic ex.
Didnt change the tone at all. im guessing its because of the resonater i think its called? between the Cat and Muffler.
If i straight pipe that will it change the sound?
Also if its straight piped there and i put the stock exhaust back on will it still sound stock?
thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 7th Gen civic EX exhaust

if you want it to really sound like **** then yes remove the resonator but im guessing thats what you are looking for rite loud and obnoxious.
Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

no not nessesarily, i just want a nice deep rumble. But it doesnt sound any different right now.
Old 05-05-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get a nice deep rumble out of a muffler and a straight pipe.. You need at least a catback exhaust for that. RSR mag makes an awesome one but its been discontinued. You can however still find it here and there.
Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

will it be decently quiet if i put the stock exhaust back on with the resonator removed?
Old 05-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I can't answer that, i am too smart to do it.
Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

then why post?
Old 05-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

second part is a clue.
if you want it translated, it says: do not do it.
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Cut off the resonator, weld a straight pipe and a RACtive fireball muffler on. Don't get sticker shock when you see the price. lol. I've got it and it's mega loud, I mean hella loud. I get plenty of comments too.

It pretty much looks like this:
Name:  RACtiveexhaust.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  30.3 KB

Here's some actual pics of mine. I'm thinking it could be a little further in. (sorry about the fuzziness, crappy phone cam):
Name:  Ractiveexhaust2.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  45.0 KB
Name:  RACtiveexhaust3.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  40.3 KB

And finally, a video of mine in action. This video does it no justice, when doing this you have to shout at the top of your voice just to be heard in the next seat. You can hear it fairly well before the wind noise takes over. btw: All the windows were closed. It's fairly deep and throaty, not too raspy unless the engine is still cold. One note, if you can actually read the tach and speedo I went 4K, 5K, 4K, 4K when shifting and the speedo is off by 15mph. So, when it says 60 I'm really going 75. Again, really sorry about the pic quality, I've got the crappiest phone cam in the world. btw: It's really hard to steer, shift, and shoot a vid at the same time. lol.

So, here it is. Turn the volume as high as it will go and it's about that loud, I'm not kidding:

Last edited by lazlong; 05-06-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lazlong
Cut off the resonator, weld a straight pipe and a RACtive fireball muffler on. Don't get sticker shock when you see the price. lol. I've got it and it's mega loud, I mean hella loud. I get plenty of comments too.

It pretty much looks like this:

Here's some actual pics of mine. I'm thinking it could be a little further in. (sorry about the fuzziness, crappy phone cam):

And finally, a video of mine in action. This video does it no justice, when doing this you have to shout at the top of your voice just to be heard in the next seat. You can hear it fairly well before the wind noise takes over. btw: All the windows were closed. It's fairly deep and throaty, not too raspy unless the engine is still cold. One note, if you can actually read the tach and speedo I went 4K, 5K, 4K, 4K when shifting and the speedo is off by 15mph. So, when it says 60 I'm really going 75. Again, really sorry about the pic quality, I've got the crappiest phone cam in the world. btw: It's really hard to steer, shift, and shoot a vid at the same time. lol.

So, here it is. Turn the volume as high as it will go and it's about that loud, I'm not kidding:

so that way you can go 10mph but sound like ur going 80

har har har i tease.

kinda.
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah that won't get annoying after a day. resonators get rid of high pitch frequencies coming out of your 4 cylinder removing will make your car sound like bees being set on fire the complete opposite off what you want. if you want deep tone your going to have to shell out some cash for a catback setup like APEXI WS2 or have custom pipes bent for a header back with lets say a VIBRANT STREETPOWER universal muffler with a VIBRANT ultra quiet resonator . look these brands up on youtube to hear them.
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yeah that won't get annoying after a day.
I don't usually drive more than 30 mins one way but, yes it can get annoying when driving any real distance. Bought the car with it on there. It's not as high pitched or raspy as you might think but, yes there is better sounding exhaust out there.
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

i wouldn't be able to drive 5 feet without getting raped by a cop with that on my car

Last edited by lowlife9; 05-06-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for that ! How much was the muffler ? Will it be loud when I put the stock exhaust back on ?
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

Also do i need the fireball muffler? i got a canadian tire one i bought for 25 bucks..
where did you get yours ?
thanks!
Old 05-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by hondarider17
How much was the muffler ?
Originally Posted by hondarider17
where did you get yours ?
Originally Posted by lazlong
Bought the car with it on there.
fail to reading again...
Old 05-06-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my rsr catback has no resonator and it sounds very deep, like a sub. it all depends how the muffler is tuned.