7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Computer Problem? Anti theft?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
esotop is an unknown quantity at this point
Computer Problem? Anti theft?

Hi,

My 2005 Civic 4 door starting malfunctioning the following way. One day the battery indicator came on, but the battery was working fine, it was charged and the alternator was working properly. The next day, while driving on the highway, the car suddenly stopped accelerating, and in the dashboard, the RPMs gauge stopped working, as well as the hot and cold gauge and the gears marker wouldn't show if the car was in D, 2 or L, only showed if the car was in P or R. I had to stop the car, start it again, and then put the car in L to be able to start driving it and then change gears until D. Each time I changed gears, the car would make a clunk noise.

The mechanic in the Honda dealer said it was the computer. But after trying various computers, it kept doing the same problems. After a new computer is installed, the car runs well for a few miles, and then the same problems happen. The fuse multiplex system was also put in new, but it continues to have the same problems.

Anyone has any idea what it could be happening? Every electrical system has been checked, and nothing. The remaining thing to check in detail is the anti theft system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ES
Old 04-30-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Computer Problem? Anti theft?

Check your grounds... faulty grounds can cause some pretty effed up stuff to happen lol
Old 05-01-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

What tbohar said. I had this happen with my old 96 cavalier stomped on her one day then everything stoped working like you described. Turn it off rebooted the car was fine. Drove home and on my street I stomped on her again same thing happened. First thing I did was replace old rusted ground bolts and a ground cable. Worked fine until the cat converter fell off the car a few weeks later.
Old 05-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tbohar
Check your grounds... faulty grounds can cause some pretty effed up stuff to happen lol
I agree. Most common ground problems are the ground from the block to the radiator support and the ground under the battery (access it thru the inner wheel well).
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

quicomtz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Frank And I have the same problem,if you find the problem please let me know. if i find the problem I will let you know. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

ashes17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quicomtz
Hi my name is Frank And I have the same problem,if you find the problem please let me know. if i find the problem I will let you know. Thanks.
FRANK ANY LUCK ? We have same issue as well ?