7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Weapon R Intake!

Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Weapon R Intake!

Just ordered my Weapon R intake tonight! The first step to turning my little ole white ES2 into a beefy sleeper. Ill make sure to update this as soon as I get the intake, and after the install. From everything I read, I'm really looking forward to adding this to my civic.
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Weapon R Intake!

beefy sleeper ???
Old 04-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Looking forward to pics
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess stock cars are "sleepers" then?? Lol
Old 04-23-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Sleepers are the best kind of cars
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I guess stock cars are "sleepers" then?? Lol
Im leaving for college in the fall, and I intend on keeping my Civic up through then. I'm working part by part to squeeze the most performance out of my civic. Yes, I know its a contradiction to try and get performance out of a D17a2, but it doesn't mean I cant try. The whole sleeper thing is more or less of a joke amongst my friends and myself. Im a pretty big guy (playing college football next year-offensive line) and I drive a little taffeta white 4dr. Funny to say the least.
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Ah so then your like me. Your so big the car sags when you sit it it. No pun intended!

Psh I rock my civic no matter what they say. Most girls I meet always say "I thought u would drive a truck" <<<<rigggghhht.
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Ah so then your like me. Your so big the car sags when you sit it it. No pun intended!

Psh I rock my civic no matter what they say. Most girls I meet always say "I thought u would drive a truck" <<<<rigggghhht.
I get that all the time. I dont need a truck to compinsate for anything. Its quite a sight when I see these girls at stoplights (I live in Boulder, Colorado-The home of the #1 party school) and I give them my "wassup?" look from the civic. They usually dont know how to react. Thats why I cant wait to start making my civic into something with a little more umph!
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Idk about about the number 1 party school, San Marcos Texas might have something to say about that which is about 30min away from where I am.

OH YEAH. I usually smile at anybody looking at me in my civic. Im 6'0, 200lbs(used to be much heavier) with curly hair and drive a civic with subs bumping all around campus. aka the perfect combination!

I was on the UTSA football team for two weeks as a walk-on. Then they cut me, so I walked off and now do marathon running..hence the username.
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

Yeah....im 5'10" 250

We will see what happens after I get this work done on my civic.
Old 04-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what exactly are your next steps, BTW?
kinda hard to imagine the D17 as sleeper, much less as beefy sleeper until you hear a pshhh or a NOS sticker in the window (sorry, Kenny )
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough

im 5'9" and 128lbs...people think of me when they think about a civic driver, so theres no surprise when that see my car lolz
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
what exactly are your next steps, BTW?
kinda hard to imagine the D17 as sleeper, much less as beefy sleeper until you hear a pshhh or a NOS sticker in the window (sorry, Kenny )
I/H/E to start, then rebuild the engine with all new internals with a possible rebore. Stage 2 cams, Stiffy engine torque damper and then maybe if I have the money down the road (This car is my 4 year plan through college) I'll look into forced induction. I'm still skeptical about any form of Nitrous though. Dont really know if thats something I want to do....ever. Haha
Old 04-24-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

uuuhn...
That is one of the things that i was worried... Stage 2 cam requires springs that can handle the lift and rev, and many if not all cannot get it to idle without a hondata... (1k retail)
A stage 1 is just to drop the cam there, no springs or EMS required. Will give around 125WHP with the I/H/E
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

uuuhn...
That is one of the things that i was worried... Stage 2 cam requires springs that can handle the lift and rev, and many if not all cannot get it to idle without a hondata... (1k retail)
A stage 1 is just to drop the cam there, no springs or EMS required. Will give around 125WHP with the I/H/E
Whats the average WHP with the D17a2? I know there are alot of factors, but has anyone ever dyno'd a stock EX?
Old 04-24-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

slightly below 100, from what i get from other sites
building the bottom and all is good, but what will make the diff is the k-pro... price-wise as well as power and idle. plus the donor rsx ecu.
if you not ready for the 1k K-pro, stay with the stage 1.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-24-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

slightly below 100, from what i get from other sites
building the bottom and all is good, but what will make the diff is the k-pro... price-wise as well as power and idle. plus the donor rsx ecu.
if you not ready for the 1k K-pro, stay with the stage 1.
Well I'm not doing this all at once. Its going to take place primarily over the next year or so, funds depending. Thanks for the info. ^+rep
Old 04-24-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

you welcome - you were still in time to save
it's not that i do not recommend using the stage 2, but you would need to know what is required and the price tag that comes from that
you could just wait and save to do s2 later, or drop a s1 now and enjoy it. Naturally, if you really want to build the bottom, a s2 will be plenty usable after that. but need to budget the K-pro
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

you welcome - you were still in time to save
it's not that i do not recommend using the stage 2, but you would need to know what is required and the price tag that comes from that
you could just wait and save to do s2 later, or drop a s1 now and enjoy it. Naturally, if you really want to build the bottom, a s2 will be plenty usable after that. but need to budget the K-pro
I was planing on doing the cams as one of the "later" steps. This gives me a few more ideas on what I should be looking for. Thanks for saving me from digging myself a deep hole.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

So I got this baby installed about 30 mins ago. Took her for a test drive after I reset the F.I. ECU fuse. The sound alone is amazing. Its like a dirty growl, espically at the lower RPM range. It may be a placebo, but I swear that I can feel a little more pull right around the 2500-3000 rpm range. Heres the pics, so I hope you enjoy!

Name:  DSC_0542.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0543.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0547.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  147.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0548.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0549.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  118.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0550.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  116.2 KB
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they keep changing the design! that must be v3 you have lol. i like it.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

It really is alot of fun. Now I gotta work on my Headers and Exhaust.....
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Quick question though. The recycler tube thats connected to the shaft of the intake. Its slightly crimped, and I want to make sure nothing going to be messed up because of it. Any input?
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

I live in dust bowl central. I can never keep my engine bay looking like that for not even three months. Good job
Old 04-29-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice Much better than the OEM plastic.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

That Weapon R Intake is nice... I need to get one of those.. then maybe some NOZ..
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

And a sticker while ur at it!!
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i put a ziptie to hold it to the throttle cable in the middle so it keeps its shape better. but yeah some kinking is okay so long as its open a bit.

Originally Posted by chozobody
Quick question though. The recycler tube thats connected to the shaft of the intake. Its slightly crimped, and I want to make sure nothing going to be messed up because of it. Any input?
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member

i think i just saw the problem. the WR hose should be connected directly to the engine cover. it looks like you still have the honda rubber tube coming out? should only have the WR tube like this. mine is v1

Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i think i just saw the problem. the WR hose should be connected directly to the engine cover. it looks like you still have the honda rubber tube coming out? should only have the WR tube like this. mine is v1

I tried that first off, but the tubing that came with it was much to small to fit over the port on the motor. Every time I tried, it ripped a little more. I decided to use the OEM tubing to connect the two, while sealing it together.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weapon R Intake!