7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Hey you look at this

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough
Hey you look at this

hey guys just got this in the mail Acura tl projectors. I will start this project some time this week
Name:  IMAG0025-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  37.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0032-1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  64.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0031-1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  45.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0026-1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  48.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0027-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  60.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0028-1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  47.5 KB

OH NO BUT WAIT WHAT IS THIS

I wake up to a huge bam at Six in the morning woke up this this little scene.
This is the first thing i see when i got out to the street.
Name:  IMAG0013.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  97.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0007.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  86.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0006.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  76.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0005.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  81.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0011.jpg
Size:  87.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0023-1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  78.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0022-1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  58.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0021.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  128.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0020-1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  117.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0017.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  97.2 KB

Even my car was sad
Name:  IMAG0019-1-1.jpg
Size:  52.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0016.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  78.2 KB

The idiot was trunk out of his mind. He actually got out of his car and went back to get his beer. So yea i did not start this week on the right foot. Now just waiting to see what the insurance says.

Oh this was the *******.
Name:  IMAG0006-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  86.1 KB

Sorry for skipping details but iam just right now.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough
Re: Hey you look at this

dude that really sucks. i would assume that the insurance is going to call it a total loss. i would hate to see that happening to my civic...if your car is totaled and you want to get rid of those projectors PM me.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

yea probably I am actually hoping it is because it was pretty bad. I am going to hold on to them until i see what i am going to end up with.
Old 04-11-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

So he crashed into your car, then just sat there (presumably still drunk?) and watched? Did the police take him in?

What a complete loser.
Old 04-11-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

At first, I was like, "Ooh! Shiny!" immediately followed up by, "OH ****! /sadface"
Old 04-11-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Oh, ****... that seems really bad...
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

@Brian1037
yea Pretty much he just stood there with the biggest bummest face i have ever seen. He did not even know what was going on. They did arrest him but i dont think he will last long unless there is warrants under his name. Oh and he was begging for me and the lady sitting next to him to work it out without involving the cops.(she is the owner of the black suv).

@xRiCeBoYx
Yea there are so beautiful and HUGE. But yea there are the high point of my day.

@sdaidoji
yea no coming back from that. It had about 4500miles on it so someone is going to get a nice new motor and tranny.

But iam actually looking into a 2008 Lancer gts already. For some reason always love the look of that car.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

surlycivic is an unknown quantity at this point

was the beer can actually sitting on the ground right next to the car like that (!!!) or was that a plant?
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

OH man... I know how you feel.. this EXACT same thing happened to me 2 months ago. The only difference is that the driver wasn't drunk - just stupid. And the cops refused to come out.. they said they had more important things to do so I had to go and file a report myself the next Monday (since it was Saturday).
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

No it was actually like that. When the guy hit the car i woke up and looked outside, the guy was coming out of the car and then went back and brought the can out for another zip. When i came down the can was on the floor there.

Man thats just your taxes working at there best there.

Insurance said that they will send someone out this week and work from there i guess. I am just totally lost with this whole process never have done it before.
Old 04-11-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

insurance will hopefullly take care of you
Old 04-11-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

ouch. sorry man.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

damn bro. sorry to see that. I hope everything works out and if it gets fixed Ill come on out there and we can do a photo shoot.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to my roomate about a year ago: except the drunk driver was going 70 in a street just like that but more "suburban".

Her car ended up 3 houses down the road, almost hit mine in the driveway. It wouldlve been my civic getting hit but I chose to park in the driveway that evening.

But I know that feeling. Hearing a THUD and first thought that cones to
Mind is "oh **** my car" hope everything works out for yah.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

In CA, as obvious as it is/was, they take a while to determine who is "at fault". As soon as they do (took the insurance company [Infinity] of the other driver 2.5 weeks to decide hitting my parked car was not my fault) they'll send someone out to look at the damages / or have it towed first if there's a chance of parking tickets. I had a 2002 EX Sedan that they determined to be in good condition and worth $5,500. The cost of repairs added up by the body shop came out to about $6,200. They labeled it a "total loss" and paid me about $6,000 (including the add'tl sales tax).

This actually worked out for me because from 2004-2010 I had 0 tune-ups, 2 oil changes, my suspension was shot, the paint was peeling on the driver side, and I lost the passing power I had on the freeway. Yet somehow, someway I still got ~30-35mpg.

The Civic I replaced it with is salvaged and possibly even less taken care of by the previous owner, but that's another story of how I needed a car badly, the first 4 I tried to purchase the owners flaked on me at the last minute (even after a couple hour drives to see the cars) and I ended up buying my current Civic. Previous Junk/Salvage Title. Runs great but the body is falling apart.
Old 04-11-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ouch, and the sad thing is accidents like this happen all the time from idiots driving drunk. he should be spending years in jail not just one night. more than likely the car is gone, just from one loser who doesnt deserve to drive. that looks like at least $6-8k in damage but im sure it will be more after they look at mechanical problems from hopping the curb and prolly busted trans too. my guess is around 10K at the end and car isnt worth that much.
Old 04-11-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to see this, usually when you see the rear lower control arm on the ground it was a hard hit
Old 04-12-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks man....

Im almost positive this is gonna be salvaged, and presumed total loss.
Well, hopefully insurance gives you moneys to get another 7th gen

On a side note:
Everyone's getting their vics hit recently, I guess time to garage my baby and keep it there =/
Old 04-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Why can't someone crash into my car, I need an excuse to buy an EL.
Old 04-12-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

haha... it seems like a good thing sometimes but generally the hassle isnt worth the new car
Old 04-12-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would hate for that to happen cause then you are starting with a bone stock car and all your time and money for mods is gone
Old 04-12-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey you look extremly local to me you have a pa plate that starts with gyb and so do i and if im correct that gurl in the backround looked like she was from lancaster catholic.. either way this happened to me a few months ago and my insurance wouldnt cover it bc the idiot drove away so it was all outa pocket but $1869 later its all fixed now
Old 04-12-2011
Registered!!

Iam just playing the waiting game now. I think i have depression and anxiety but not that bad just hate to wait and bummed out cause of my car.

@billkisme
I really dont want the car back. I mean it got hit hard. I had two amps on screwed to the sub box with four or five inch screws and they where ripped off when i open the rear seat to take it out before it got towed.

@thefatalepic
I know this guy that buys salvage cars and repairs them. He just gets cars that have fender damage nothing to extreme right know he has a 2008 gli for 8 gran witch isn't bad. Show the car when he bough it only replace hood, left fender, front bumper, and driver side head light and that head light cost $800 because its a xenon projector. But you can get good reliable salvage cars tho.

@Gearbox
Yea thats one of the reason it sucks so much. The time and money spent on it to get it like i wanted it. I was actually trying to get a ferio RS replica. I changed the sides from ebay to oem, had the back lip, front, next week was going to order the deck lip, I had amber side markers shipped, and got the tls the same day as the accident. Sucks big time.

@jono237
I actually live in Reading. Thats one of the things i told my brother, if that black suv would have not been there the guy would have probably just left and i would have ended up paying for all of it.

I was actually going to move in about a month to a better and cleaner area since my child is three now and its time for preschool but that has to hold know i guess. In any case there is still alot of time for that tho. Well when i get bored i just fire up the tls and look at the cut off. It works as therapy lol.
Old 04-12-2011
Registered!!

Look for receipts of the stuff you had inside.. I didn't have anything for my stuff but they said if I had receipts they would reimburse the stuff in the car too.

My car just needs a little body work. The right side looks like they crashed into a wall on the freeway and had a cheap repair done, it runs fine just all the trim (rubber the plastic around the doors on the right) stuff like that is all falling apart, if I had good money I would just take it to a body shop and have them restore it all.
Old 04-12-2011
Registered!!

yea i don't have receipts but i do have invoice and stuff i can print out as proof of purchase. Like the lip, paint, projectors and other stuff. Ill ask we they get in contact with me again, thanks for the info.
Old 04-12-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

reading is still fairly local ill keep following this thread to see how this turns out.
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Alright i just got off the phone with the dude that does the estimate for the insurance. He told me the car the car is not a total and was fixable and that it will cost about 5k to fix. I asked him what if i did not want to fix the car and he said they will send me the check and i could do what ever i wanted with the car. They also offered to pay the storage for one more week till i decided and money for for a car rental. What do you guy think i should do. I need help here because i have never done this before. I am leaning more to take the money and the car and not fix it and part it out or sell it to my friend that fixes car. I am not really sure so just wanted to ask for advice.
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

7thgenfigi is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a lot of money in modifications 2-5k then I would keep it and get it fixed if it's near stock take what you can off it sometimes the yard that holds the car will let you take what you want others will not. 5k seems like a low ball form the adjuster try to settle for a higher amount. You cant buy **** for 5k now a days you will end up with a 96 civic with 194k miles. Only you know the condition of your car, if it's about to blow up or needs 3k in repairs then it's time to take the 5k and run just weigh out the odds. Good luck

Last edited by 7thgenfigi; 04-13-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Nah i did not have that much money invested in it. Plus its not a junk yard its a storage its costing the insurance $30 bucks a day to pay and they said they will pay it this the end of the week. The thing is its tempting to take the money because I get to keep the whole car, at least to my understanding. And the body work mechanic i know told me to fix its no where near that amount.
Old 04-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Take the money and put it back in the car then

and hope maybe you have something left over for mods

The only downside i see, is a salvaged title

Quick Reply: Hey you look at this