7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Got a 2002 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJT1879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got a 2002 Honda Civic

Hello Guys. I am new here. Glad to find this forum. I just bought a 2002 Honda civic EX with 77K miles. A few questions about this car:

1. The rear window defogger doesn't work. check the resistance between 2 sides of the grid, is closed to 0. When turn on the defogger, the voltage between 2 sides is 0. Then i check the #11 fuse in underhood fuse box, the fuse is good. I don't know what is the problem and what else i can check to find the problem.

2. When i rotate the steering wheel, there is some weired sound, like the sound of clicking mouse, not really loud, it happens about rotate 1 circle. Is it normal?

3. When the car goes near 70mph and 3k rpm, the steering wheel is starting shaking, turning by itself left and right about 1/4 inch. then better beyond 80 mph. What is the reason about this? I didn't change the tires and the old tires are almost done. So changing new tires and doing 4 wheel alignment can fix it?

I love this car, but i am concerning about these problems. Hope someone can help me. really appreciate.
Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

RemyL31 will become famous soon enough
Re: Got a 2002 Honda Civic

Originally Posted by FJT1879

2. When i rotate the steering wheel, there is some weired sound, like the sound of clicking mouse, not really loud, it happens about rotate 1 circle. Is it normal?

3. When the car goes near 70mph and 3k rpm, the steering wheel is starting shaking, turning by itself left and right about 1/4 inch. then better beyond 80 mph. What is the reason about this? I didn't change the tires and the old tires are almost done. So changing new tires and doing 4 wheel alignment can fix it?

I love this car, but i am concerning about these problems. Hope someone can help me. really appreciate.
Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the site...

The clicking and shaking sounds like you have a cv/axle shaft going out
Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FJT1879
Hello Guys. I am new here. Glad to find this forum. I just bought a 2002 Honda civic EX with 77K miles. A few questions about this car:

I'm almost positive it's the wheel balancing. If you just had your wheels taken off and balanced properly it should get rid of that problem.

New tires and an alignment can't hurt, though.
Old 04-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

bad wheel balance or bad tires (uneven wear, low tread, etc). alignment wouldnt affect shaking but its a good idea to have it done once a year or anytime you change steering and suspension components, including tires.